Preoccupied Practice (Prologue)

All I Want Is You

Taehyun sat slouched on a rolling chair in the trainee practice room as he watched the rest of s block the moves for the upcoming battle against JYP entertainment's trainees. His eyes rested on the sweaty and tanned form of one Song Minho, or just Mino. Taehyun bit his lip as he watched Mino's muscles tense with each move he made. The sound of the music dulled in ears as his mind drifted to other moments where he could possibly see Mino's sweaty body...

He was startled out of his stupor when he heard a deep voice yell, “TAEHYUN-AH! Get off your lazy and practice with us!” Mino was looking over his shoulder at the feminine boy as he said this. “We head face-to-face with JYP tomorrow so now is not the time to be slacking off.”

Taehyun merely nodded his head and got up to take his place on the practice floor. It was currently 2:30 in the morning. In several hours they faced one of the most important evaluations of their lives. Park JinYoung would be judging their performances and while he was not as fear-inducing as Yang Hyun-Suk, the boys definitely felt the pressure building up.

“Ack!” Jinwoo said as he stumbled to the floor. Taehyun followed suit, nearly crushing the smaller boy.

“Hyung! Taehyun! Are you guys okay?” Seungyoon asked as he held out a hand to Taehyun.

Taehyun winced slightly as he was pulled up by his team member and turned around to help Jinwoo. “I'm so sorry hyung! I wasn't paying attention...”

Jinwoo merely shook his head, “Don't blame yourself. I'm also not completely focused. I keep thinking about our singing number. I still don't have the lyrics completely down and I really don't want to mess up Park JinYoung's song in front of him.”

Mino gave a sympathetic look towards his hyung. Then he looked over at Taehyun who's mind still seemed to be elsewhere even after the massive spill he took. I can see why Jinwoo-hyung's mind is preoccupied. But what's wrong with Taehyun? He thought. He was really beginning to feel concerned for the boy. He had been acting a bit weird lately.

I say now is a good time to give the dance number a break anyways. Perhaps we should split up our practicing. Mino and I should probably head on over to the B kids' practice room to work on our rap number a bit.” Seunghoon stated. “You guys can go on ahead and work on the singing number so that Jinwoo-hyung can get some more practice in.”

All the other members but Taehyun nodded their heads. Taehyun didn't want to be separated from Mino, especially when he was feeling so down and distressed. But what could he do? They really needed the practice.

As Mino stepped away to head out the door Taehyun's hand twitched slightly in a subconscious attempt to stop the boy. He stopped himself however and simply watched as he left.

Jinwoo took notice of his little motion and let out a tiny smirk. Taehyun's droopier-than-usual eyebrows had him looking like a sad puppy. Poor Taehyun. Now I can see what has your mind all distracted. He patted the boy's shoulder as they walked towards the benches to begin practicing. It was going to be a long rest of the night.

 

A/N: *exhales deep breathe of relief* The first chapter/prologue is out! Hopefully all the thoughts and dialogues aren't too confusing. I also hope it's enough to keep you guys interested. I will try to get the next chapter out soon. See you next time! -UxT