VIXX; OT6

A Goldfish's Attention Span

Title: Merry Christmas!

Characters/Pairings: VIXX/OT6

Author's Note: So... I haven't been updating... ANYTHING lately
and I decided to this after reading this! Stuck on my sequel for 
Paper Cranes and doing this early cos I definitely won't get it up
on Christmas >< Wrote this halfway but my bro closed the tab
and deleted everything... FML LIKE REALLY FML ._.
 


"Merry Chirstmas!" Manger Mickey exclaims, pushing a small, poorly wrapped box into Hakyeon's hands. 

Hakyeon accepts the gift wearily, not happy about having been woken up so early on a day that they were promised a break. The other members look at Manager Mickey expectantly. 

"Well? Aren't you going to open your gift?" The manager asks, uncharacteristically bouncing on his heels in excitment. 

"Where're ours?" Wonsik asks, rubbing his left eye blearily with a loosely-curled fist. 

"This is your present!" Manager Mickey responds, calming down a little. "It's from us managers and the company!" He added excitedly. 

"Looks like they're cutting down on costs... Big time," Sanghyuk snickered to the person on his left, which just so happened to be Hongbin who gave a snort of laughter at the former's snarky remark. 

"Open it!" The oldest in the room yes, even older than Hakyeon urges, excitment making its way back into his body language.

Grudgingly, Hakyeon carefully peeled the wrapping paper away, only to come face to face with another box, a brown cardboard one this time. Sighing, Hakyeon lifted the lid, the other members sans Taekwoon looking over his shoulder and waiting impatiently for the leader to do so. 

To say they were shocked was an understatment. 

Right there, in the middle of a bunch of conffetti were six, identical, shiny, gleaming keys and a small note that read "Merry Christmas boys! You now have a new home!" in loopy Hangul; undoubtedly the handwriting of Manager Mickey. 

It took some time for the information to settle in. But once it did, oh boy the dorm was chaos. Shrieks of "we're moving to a new home!" and "we get our own rooms!" could be heard throughout the entire dorm and possibly the entire building. But what was mentioned the most was privacy. Sweet, sweet privacy. After sharing rooms with others for so many years of the life, possibly their entire life for those that were forced to share rooms with their siblings, they finally had just one room to themselves. No more annoying roommates peering over their shoulder when they were reading, or shouting incoherent (and possibly rude or insulting) words as a joke when someone was video chatting with family or friends. Finally, they would have a space all to themselves where no one could come in uninvited. Finally.

-

Their new dorm was huge. It had a living room far bigger than their old one, three bathrooms, a kitchen that was more or less of the same size, a cozy balcony for some alone time and of course, seven rooms; one for each member and the manager. 

"I'm getting this room!" Jaehwan exclaimed, opening a grey door. The other boys did the same, and were pleasantly surprised that the interior was already pretty well furnished; with a bed, a bedside drawer, a closet and a simple vanity. 

"So how do you like your Christmas present?" Manager Mickey asked, chuckling at the shouts of excitement from the boys as he entered his own room that was once again, nearest to the entrance. 

"We love it! Thanks hyung!" Hakyeon replied, the other members giving grunts of approval to his statement. 

-

It was way way way past midnight but Sanghyuk was still not asleep. He'd been tossing and turning around in his bed, wondering why sleep was not coming to him when he'd been so deprived of it the past few months. The more he tossed and turned, the more he realised what's wrong - it's too quiet. Even though he did complain about having to share rooms with Wonsik and to put up with his snoring, now that the nightly noises were no longer heard, Sanghyuk couldn't help but feel that the room was a little bit too quiet for his liking. Sighing, he got off his bed, carrying a blanket and pillow in his arms, thinking of joining Wonsik in his room. To his surprise, Wonsik was sitting idly on the sofa, looking exhausted but unable to get any sleep. 

"Can't sleep either?" Sanghyuk joked, making his way over to the maroon sofa to dump his blanket and pilow in a pile next to Wonsik's.

"Yeah," Wonsik gave a soft smile, pulling Sanghyuk closer once the latter sat down on the sofa. "I miss talking to you just before we sleep."

"And I miss your annoying snoring," Sanghyuk replied, giggling a ltitle when Wonsik gave him a gentle pinch on his side. 

"Our beds aren't enough for two, what d'ya say about sleeping here? On the floor?" 

"Sure! Our blankets are thick enough to function as thin matresses anyway!" 

-

"Taekwoon? Are you there?" Taekwoon instantly sat up at the soft voice coming from the door of his room. 

"Yeah, what's up?" He asked, moving to let Hakyeon sit next to him on his bed. "Can't sleep?" 

Hakyeon nodded, leaning on the younger's shoulder. "I'm so used to having three other people in the room with me... It feels so weird and uncomfortable that I'm the only one there now. There's no one for me to talk to when I just feel like blurting something out." 

Taekwoon listened quietly, humming from time to time as Hakyeon went on and on about how different it felt just being in a room by himself. Having been a trainee for so long, Hakyeon had long gotten used to sharing rooms with others. He'd gotten used to blurting out something that was on his mind, and either receiving a few replies from ther roommates that were stil awake or annoyed hits from those that were awoken by his voice. Hence, having his own room now felt strange and he longed for someone to be in the room with him. 

"Do you want to sleep in the living room? I'm sure our blankets can suffice as matresses," Taekwoon suggested once Hakyeon had finished rambling about the things forefront on his mind. Hakyeon nodded into his shoulder. 

They let out a soft chuckle at the sight before them. Still carrying a blanket and pillow each, they smiled warmly at Wonsik and Sanghyuk snuggling on the floor on top of a blanket with the other used to wrap themselves up in a warm and comfortable-looking cocoon. 

-

Jaehwan sighed, pushing himself off the bed. He had been lying in bed since 1 in the morning but still had not gotten any sleep. For some reason, it just felt like something was off and this something was causing him to lose any form of sleepiness. Was it the absence of warmth in the room? It couldn't be, this house was new and the heater was definitely working. Besides, he wasn't shivering. But maybe it wasn't the warmth of the house that he missed? Maybe it was the warmth of three other bodies being in the same room? It was also quiet, oddly quiet. There were no members sleep talking, no one he could reply to when absurd comments fell from the lips of soundly sleeping members - nothing. It was just pin-drop silence.

Sighing once again, he carefully opened his door and made his way into Hongbin's room, the room right next to his only to be given quite the shock of his life when he was faced with big, round, glassy eyes watching his every move in the dark when he entered the room. He had initially planned to just climb into bed with Hongbin for a while, get some warmth from the sleeping boy and then go back to his room and wrap himself in his blanket, hoping to recreate the same warmth he felt. 

"Can't sleep?" Hongbin breathed out a short laugh. 

"Yeah," Jaehwan replied, sitting next to Hongbin on the latter's bed. Somehow, he instantly felt more comfortable once he was next to the younger.

"Me neither," Hongbin then proceeded to gently shove Jaehwan off his bed, scooping up his blanket and pillow. "Go to your room and get your blanket and pillow too, we can sleep in the living room. The floor's heated anyway," he suggested. 

Jaehwan happily bounced into his room and haphazardly gathered said items into his arms and met the visual in the living room, only to let out a small chuckle at the sight before him. 

"Looks like everyone can't sleep either," He said, eyeing the scene infront of him. Wonsik and Sanghyuk were wrapped together in a blanket while lying on another; the two eldest were sleeping side by side on the same blanket, facing each other. Hakyeon had also used Taekwoon's left arm as a pillow while Taekwoon had thrown what was likely his blanket over the two of them. 

Still chuckling, the remaining two set up their 'bed' and slept together with the rest of their family. 

Sleep came so much easier then. 

-

"Kids! It's time to w- Omo, what's this?" A warm, fatherly smile made its way up Manager Mickey's face as he gazed fondly at the six boys he was in charge of sleeping in the living room together. "Looks like you can't stand being alone by yourselves in your own rooms, huh," he shook his head good naturedly before heading to a bathroom to wash up, deciding to give the boys a few extra minutes of sleep.


Aaaaanndddd it's done!!! xD How was it? Omg I really love this idea of them can you imagine it really happening???? xDDD And omg have y'all heard Ravi's rap??? It was really shocking to me at first cos I'm not someone who constantly curses yeah right so when Ravi did so in his rap it was pretty shocking. But now it sounds pretty cool haha. I love the line on how he didn't like fighting and that everyone's an idol (:

Merry Early Christmas everyone!!! ^~^