VIXX/N; Neo

A Goldfish's Attention Span

Title: Punching Bag

Characters/Pairings: N and Leo/Neo

Author's Note: Omg I've been dead for so long the last thing I
wrote was before Christmas of 2014 and now it's almost Christmas
again I'm so sorry >< Just started JC and life is..... Non-existent 
LMAO. Anyways I wrote this on 24 Feb 2015 and meant to continue
it but since I've lost my muse for it, imma just upload it here as a drabble (:
 


you're human, not a punching bag. 

cha hakyeon is just your average student. well, maybe not so average. with near constant megawatt smile and a voice that rivalled megaphones, hakyeon was known by the whole student body. 

but sometimes not for the best reasons. 

cha hakyeon was also what someone would call a human punching bag. naturally caring and self-sacrificial, hakyeon never understood why some of his friends told him to stop letting others insult him and let out all their pent up frustrations at him. to him, it was just his way of helping others, even though he did get hurt often from their sharp, cutting words. 

cha hakyeon however, would never stop being everyone's resident punching bag. at home, his parents let out their stress from work on him, nitpicking every little mistake he makes. it does make him feel a little less confident from time to time, and he does find himself questioning his self-worth. but what he tells himself is that by allowing people to release their pent up emotions on him, he's helping others and therefore contributing to the society and doing something good. in school, hakyeon is often picked on by the populars, with them insulting not only his looks, his family background and even his passion; dance. hakyeon can take the verbal abuse to his physical appearance ("your skin is so tan!" "you look like a whale!" "your eyes are weird!") as well as his family background ("i bet you were the accident! the youngest of four..." "your parents must hate you!" "i don't know how they were able to put up with you!") but never the criticism towards the one and only thing he truly cared about. 

dance. 

so it's no surprise that cha hakyeon was on the roof of the school, closing his eyes and freestyling to a piece of music he found online, silent tears streaming down his face after enduring a group of divas insulting his love for dance. 

"hey! watch it! you're gonna fall off the roof!" a soft, sweet voice called out. hakyeon felt arms wrapping around his waist and pulling him much, much, much further back from where he was. had he really moved that far during his period of momentary blindness? 

"who are you?" he asked on instinct, not recognising the voice to be any of his friends'. 

"i'm taekwoon. jung taekwoon. a new student here. and you are?" the boy replied. he had fair skin and dark hair to match, cherry pink lips and feline eyes: he was attractive, to say the least. 

"hakyeon. cha hakyeon." 

at the sound of his name, taekwoon's eyes slightly widened as his lips parted in understanding, nodding his head. 

"so you're what everyone labels as the punching bag, huh," he casually remarked, looking hakyeon in the eye. "you're human you know. you don't deserve that sort of treatment," he continued with more of a chiding yet caring tone. 

"it's fine. i'm fine," hakyeon shakily replied, not sounding one bit convincing to his ears. 

taekwoon merely shook his head. 

"you need to think about yourself. you can't just give yourself up for everyone. you don't owe anyone a living, hakyeon." 


sorry for such a ridiculous chapter guys >< tbvh i've not been writing for a super long time and idk if i'm gonna be writing frequently anymore... i would say school's been taking a toll on me, but also i'm just a horrible procrastinator >< hope y'all will still stick to  this thread though! ><