Chapter 9

Guardian Angel

 

"YOU CAN SEE ME RIGHT?! COME DOWN HERE! YAHHH!" Eunhyuk yelled.

I was extremely embarrased, why is he yelling so loud in my neighborhood? Isn't he afraid that someone's going to beat him up if he isn't going to shut up down there?!

I opened my window and yelled back at him-

"CAN YOU BE QUIET?! JUST HOLD ON. GEEZ!" I closed my window and walked to the door.

"You're really going down there Sun Mi?"

"He's not going to shut up, it's like almost midnight and people are sleeping!" I opened my door quietly and wondered if my mom and dad were sleeping already. It was dark when I got out of my room, so I'm guessing they are already sleeping by now. I walked down the stairs quietly and wore my sneakers and head out.

Obviously, Seung ri was already outside before I was. Eunhyuk was sitting in the middle of the road, well there aren't any cars at this hour anyways so he isn't scared of getting hit by one.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"You never answered my question."

"What question?"

"Did Seung ri taught you how to dance like that?"

"Are you serious? That's the only question that you want me to answer? It's not even important so stop asking me!" I turned around to head back to my house, but noooo! He grabbed my arm again.

"It's important to me."

"Eunhyuk, do you have like a grudge or something against him HUH? Why do you need to know this so urgently?"

"Can you STOP asking me questions?! JUST TELL ME ALREADY."

"WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU?! I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU." I turned around again but then I felt something sharp that was poking my back.

"You... you either tell me right now, or I'm going make you WISH you told me." I panicked.

But then I heard the sharp object fell on the ground. I turned back and saw the knife was on the ground. Eunhyuk bend down to pick it up, but he couldn't. It was because Seung ri was stepping on it. I can't believe that he saved my life twice in one night!

"What the-" Eunhyuk tried pulling the knife but Seung ri's both feet was on the knife... and possibly Eunhyuk's right hand too.

"AH-AH OWWWWW!!!" He cried.

"Sun Mi! Run back into your house! Don't worry about him." Seung ri commanded me.

I ran back into my house and ran upstairs to my room. After I closed my door, I walked to my window and saw Eunhyuk holding his right hand, then Seung ri kicked it far down the road.

"AISH! SUN MI. YOU THINK I WON'T COME BACK TO YOU ANYMORE?! JUST WATCH." He yelled to me and ran to get the knife.

I touched the spot on my back that he poked me the sharp knife with, thank goodness no blood came out.

"Are you okay?" Seung ri asked me.

"Yeah, thanks again. You saved me twice today."

"I'm sorry you have to go through this because of me."

"I-it's okay! Really! We just need to find an answer to your problem, and that crazy Yunho."

He smiled.

"How about we go see a ghost buster? Or a psychic?" I suggested him.

"I don't think psychics can see ghosts...." Seung ri said.

"You're right." I sighed.

"You wanna head down to the police station tomorrow?" Seung ri asked.

"And do what?"

"Well, we can go see the other people who killed me, you know JaeJoong, Changmin, Junsu, and Yoochun? You can just pretend that you were their friends if the police asks if you have any relationships with them, they won't care! And then ask them bunch of questions about me, or maybe about Yunho, because I'm curious about that dude. I don't know anything about him."

"Are you an idiot? Why would they tell me everything? Those guys don't even know me."

"So? All I know is that if you're a y woman, they'll be blinded and tell you anything you want."

"Seung ri, we're not making me a y woman."

"Oh yes we are."

"Well get some rest, see you tomorrow at 11 in the morning again!" And he disappeared.

Ughh....

(Next morning)

"Sun MI-AH! Can you go to the market today?" I opened my eyes and saw my mom.

I looked at the clock and it was 10:30AM.

"Why can't you go? I don't know what to buy." I groaned.

"Here's the list. Come on, help your poor umma, I'm tired. Go, go and get dress." She then went out of my room.

After I got dress I head out the door and went to the market. Once I reached there, I saw Seung ri. I was surprised to find him there.

"What are you doing here?"

"Once I heard your mom, I came here. You remember, I don't sleep right?"

"Yeah, yeah." Then my stomach growled.

"You're hungry?" He asked me.

"Yeah... I didn't eat."

"Well then eat hamburgers. It's pretty cheap." We stopped walking and saw this old woman selling hamburgers for $0.75.

"Halmoni, can I have one hamburger please?"

"Why not get two? Isn't your boyfriend hungry too?"

"Eh? My boyfriend?" I asked.

"Isn't he standing right next to you? Boy, you better treat her well. Your taste is quite good young lady." She smiled.

"Halmoni! You can see me?" Seung ri asked.

"Of course!" She said.

I looked at Seung ri and Seung ri looked at me.

"Young man, by any chance... are you a ghost?" She asked while grilling the meat.

"Y-yeh."

"How did you know?" I asked curiously.

"My husband was like you. Same exactly physical appearance, a little pale, deep dark circles under the eye. After he died he was ghost, nobody can see him except me." She gave a light giggle.

"So halmoni.... you can see ghosts?" I asked again.

"That's right." She said.

"Where's your husband?" Seung ri asked her.

She looked up to the morning sky and sighed. "Up there."

Both Seung ri and I looked up to the sky, but I'm guessing she means heaven.

"Come inside my house. I'll tell you all about it. Since the market doesn't open until 11:30, just come."

Both of us followed her inside and she told us to sit down. She brought us tea to drink.

"So Halmoni, how did grandpa go to heaven when he used to be in my state?"

"Young man, I'm going to tell you something and you better keep it in mind. You got it?"

"Araso." He said.

"When someone dies, they all have something that they aren't able to let go on this earth. Because when you leave this earth, you're supposed to be free of regret, free of desire, free of everything."

"Did your husband regret something?" I asked.

"No... he couldn't leave me. He and I loved each other very much. If we are separated... it's just too much for us. He wanted to stay with me everyday, and I was completely fine with it, until one day... I told him "This isn't going to work. Honey, I think you should go to heaven. I'll be fine... just go. Pretty soon I'll be there with you." And he said "No, I will wait until you die. When you die, we both go together."

"I felt like it wasn't real for me, I mean he died already and he should go where he should go! And he finally understood me and just went away from me for a week. Before I knew it, he was gone from this earth. I just... knew it."

"When did you die young man?

"Five years ago..."

"Wow, that's pretty long ago. And you still stick around huh? You probably have something that you can't let go or you're regretting something."

 

"I have no idea halmoni..." Seung ri voice lowered.