Chapter 11

Guardian Angel

 

I turned back and looked at Seung ri, and Seung ri looked at me."What should I dooo?!" I whispered in a low voice.

"J-Just say hi"

"Oh, anyeonghaseyoh!" I bowed to her and smiled.

"What brings you here? And Oh my you are dressed so pretty today! Do you have a date or something hun?" She walked closer to me and smiled too.

"Uhmm, yes, I do have a date. I think I'm running late too." I tapped my index finger on my wrist.

"Wow this early? It's 12:17PM." She laughed.

"Yeah, well I have to go... but umm, what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Oh, I'm just stopping by the police station to see if they have anything updated about Yunho."

I couldn't completely understand why she goes to the police station, when she clearly knows how bad the police force is.

"Do you come here everyday?" I asked her.

"Just twice a week." She said, "You should go to your date, I don't want to hold you up Soo Young. Omo... I wish Seung ri was here, he could see how beautiful you are!" She started tearing.

I tried to make her relax before she burst her tears out "Aha ummm, well thank you but don't worry, even though he isn't here I'm pretty sure he can see me." I smiled to make her smile too.

"You're right, well I'm going to go now. Have a good night!" She said and walked away.

"I feel bad for lying to your umma."

"Don't." Seung ri said.

"So, what should we do now?"

"Do you... want to go see my body?"

My eyes widened, I'm shocked that he really wants me to go see his body.

"Today? Right now?"

"Or do you want to go later tonight, it's a lot more scary to go at night."

"F-fine. I'll go..." I have no idea why I'm agreeing again.

Again, we're going on the bus, I have to pay $2.00 and he gets a free ride. We got off the last stop at the bus which was at the Hahoe Folk Village, it was a long ride. He led me into a deep, deserted forest.

Almost every step I took, my heart began to beat faster and faster. To be honest, I am really scared to see his dead body. Why must I be the one to see it? Why did I even agreed to do this? I decided to stop walking. Seung ri turned around, "Are you okay?"

I shook my head, I was ready to either pee in my pants or run out of this forest.

"Don't worry! I swear it's not bad! Come..." He said and walked even further. I closed my eyes, trying to gather all of my thoughts as quickly as possible so that I don't lose the sight of Seung ri, or else I would be really lost. I opened my eyes and took a step forward, inhaling and exhaling so that I calmed myself down.

Then we got to the lake... I saw a body lying on the ground... it was Seung ri's body... Once I saw the body on the ground I covered my eyes and kept walking until Seung ri told me to stop.

"You can look Sun Mi, it's okay." I slowly took both of my hands down and slowly opened my eyes.

It was strange. It was strange how his body didn't look rotten. His skin wasn't pale, nothing. It looked more like he was sleeping.

"This is just impossible!" I feel like I was going to go insane! "By a year it should be rotten by now but... why is it that it's not?"

"I don't know either Sun Mi. I told you, you wouldn't have to be scared. I look like I'm sleeping but I'm not."

"S-so, how come no one saw you lie here yet? How come there's no one around here?"

"No one ever comes here Sun Mi. It's a dead forest. It's deserted. There's nothing here. I mean the water is dirty, I don't know why. It's all unexplainable." Seung ri said. I bend down to examine his body. He looked so, peaceful.

"I want to try something." I told him.

"What?" He said. I grabbed his "dead" body's left hand. I wrapped both of my hands around it. I looked over to Seung ri- "Can you feel this?" Seung ri looked at his left hand and he nodded and he smiled too.

He tried squeezing his hand but his dead body didn't do anything.

"This is strange. So if I hugged your whole dead body, I wonder if you could feel it. Are you sure you're not in a coma?" I asked him.

"Coma? No... I'm not. I'm really not in a coma! Look at my chest, don't you see a stab mark? That was a knife that went through from my back to my chest, that's the location of my heart."

"Somebody should come and take your body away. I should take a picture and tell the police about it, they should believe me."

"I don't think it's a good idea."

"Why? Why would you want your body to lay around like this? You have to get a proper burial, trust me. It's time. So that your mom at least has a grave for her to visit and talk to you."

"Alright. I see your point." He said looking down at his dead body. I touched his left hand again, "It will be okay." I told him.

I took out my cell phone and dialed 119. And here goes my acting skills. I said in a panic and crying tone- "Yoboseyo? I-I have something to report. I found a dead body near a lake at a forest near the Hahoe Folk Village.... Yes I know who it is, it's Lee Seung ri, the boy that died 5 years ago. His body is here! SIR YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME! I'LL SEND YOU A PICTURE IF YOU WANT!... araso! PLEASE COME QUICKLY!" I yelled.