Chapter 8

Guardian Angel

 

As I finally reached the front door of my house, I let out a huge sigh. I threw my head back a bit and rubbed my eyes. I just hate it when I have to face my mom. She can get pretty b.itch.y when I don't follow her orders. It's just so annoying when she gets like that. Man, I shouldn't have agreed with Seung ri if this was going to happen, especially with my mom.

I took out they key out of my pocket in my sweater. I put the key into the keyhole on the door and turned it to the right. I pushed the door open and there she was. There was my mom, sleeping silently in front of the television. I closed the door behind me very soft. Then I tiptoed to the stairs until-

"Where have you been?" My mom's voice echoed in the room.

I stopped my track and just stood next to the staircase, I couldn't move. I didn't dare to move. I didn't even dare to turn around and look at my mom in the eye, knowing that I might be caught lying the whole time.

Her footsteps began to come closer and closer.

"How come you smell like alcohol? YAH, DON'T TELL ME YOU WERE DRINKING AND PARTYING!" My mom yelled. I had chills that went through my spine, I jumped a little when she began to raise her voice at me.

I had absolutely nothing to say. If I were to make up a lie now, it wouldn't even make sense to her and she wouldn't believe me anyways, since she could smell the alcohol already.

"SUN MI. WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING ME?!" My mom turned me around, I couldn't look at her.

"Don't make me do this." She told me again. I looked up to her immediately, knowing what would happen next. She then disappeared for a few second to grab "the stick".

"NO, NO, UMMA, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO ME! I-I-I- wish I can tell you but it's impossible!" I cried out.

She shook her head and gripped the stick even tighter. "You're lying to me, everything you're saying to me right now are all lies isn't?!?!!?"

I guess I'll just have to deal with the pain. I closed my eyes shut, fearing that awful pain that would leave a mark on my skin some how. Then I felt a cool air that touched my skin. I opened my eyes and realized.... that Seung ri was in front of me. My eyes widened and couldn't believe what I saw.

I could have sworn that I saw my mom was about to hit me, but he was in front of me... Impossible.

"Run up to your room!" Seung ri commanded me.

"AISH. COME HERE SUN MI, I'M GONNA BEAT THE TRUTH OUT OF YOU!" My mom yelled.

"GO TO YOUR ROOM." Seung ri commanded me again. I quickly turned around and ran up the stairs.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?! YAH!" That was the last thing I heard after I shut the door.

How did he know that this was going to happen? Then I saw him sitting on bed.

"You sure move fast." I said.

"I know. Sun mi, even if I left you alone doesn't mean that I would stop following you."

"What's that supposed to mean? You stalk me 24/7?"

"UH..... kind of, I guess you can think of it like that."

"You're scary sometimes. But, thanks for saving me from my mom. She can get pretty abusive sometimes if I don't follow her orders."

"Well, how come you didn't tell me so that you wouldn't get abused?" He asked me.

"I... I don't know. I can't tell anyone that my mom abuses me, but she doesn't do it daily."

"So tell me, calculate for me, how many times do you get hit by your mom per year?"

"That depends....." I trailed off.

"Tell me." Seung ri said in his demanding voice again.

"I'm guessing about... 3-4 times a year?"

"What...do YOU DO?" Seung ri asked me.

"I don't know, I guess I'm never careful so she would hit me."

"Hmmm... we should be more careful shouldn't we?"

"Yes we should!" I walked over to my bed and sat next to him.

"But damn, your mom hits mad hard." He rubbed his left arm.

"Let me see." I asked him.

I rolled up his sleeves and saw a red mark.

"Ouch, I'm sorry you had to go through that! But remind me again how come you can get hit by a stick?"

"It's an object isn't? I just can't touch humans."

"Oh right..." My voice went low.

"I'm sorry about what happened earlier."

"It's okay, I just hate being on stage and having to worry about my mom back at home. But I'm ready to help you again, since you saved my life today."

"No problem. Will your mom be in a better mood tomorrow?"

"Yeah, most likely. She acts like nothing happens."

"Wow, does your mom have mental issue?"

"Hey, talk nice." I told him.

"Sorry."

"Well, I guess she kind of does. But I'm not so sure."

Seung ri then made an "O" shape with his lips.

Then I saw a small rock hitting against my window. I got scared.

"Who would throw rocks at my window at this time?"

"You're secret lover?"

"What the hell goes on in your mind?" I scolded him.

Then I went near my window and I couldn't believe who it was....

"YAH. COME DOWN HERE AND TALK TO ME." He yelled out.

Seung ri quickly came to my side, he knew that voice.