The Black-Hooded Figure

Mastermind [ Unedited ]

[ Meanwhile with Unit 6 ]

Location: underground subway

The others had arrived at the station and were now waiting for the train to arrive in 8 minutes. Junhyung and Hyunseung kept watch from afar while Yoseob and Doojoon were standing protectively near Seyi.

Hyunseung was sitting on the bench pretending to text on his phone. The 24 year old glanced over to his fellow weapon specialist teammate who was watching the scene while drinking an energy drink.

They made eye contact. Junhyung then started walking to the trash can to throw away his now empty bottle when he accidentally bumped into an old lady, causing him to drop the bottle. The 25 year old watched it roll across the ground before stopping beside a pair of black sneakers somewhere in the crowd.

Junhyung apologized to the elder, who smiled and nodded, before walking over and picking up the bottle. When he looked up he saw the owner of the black sneakers was a black hooded figure. Though he couldn’t help but feel suspicious, he shrugged it off and started back to the trash bin. But before he could make it, a scream echoed throughout the station.

[ X X X ]

Doojoon whirled around to see where the scream had come from. Neither him nor Yoseob noticed a hooded figure coming closer to them. By the time everyone realized it was only caused by a rat, it was too late.

Without anyone noticing, the hooded figure pushed Seyi off the platform.

The model fell onto the tracks with a scream and before Doojoon and Yoseob realized what had happened, the figure had slipped away.

Junhyung was about to run over and assist his teammates when a sudden change in movement caught his eye. He glanced over to his right and saw the suspicious figure from earlier hurrying away. Junhyung followed the person up to the upper floor but when he reached the top of the staircase, he saw the figure disappearing around the corner. The officer hurriedly tried to catch up but when he rounded the same corner, the person clad in black was gone.

Meanwhile, Yoseob and Doojoon were helping Seyi while Hyunseung was busy trying to calm everyone down.

All of a sudden, a whistle echoed throughout the subway tunnel. Yoseob and Doojoon exchanged panicked looks before putting in 50% more effort than before. But still the platform was too high and it was hard to lift the model up. It was then that Yoseob realized it wasn’t working. In a flash, he hopped onto the tracks below, shocking everyone.

“Yang Yoseob, what are you doing?” Doojoon hissed.

“Trying to help Seyi-noona!” Yoseob replied before getting down onto his knees. “Noona, throw up your heels and get on my back..”

For once, Seyi obeyed without a single complaint. She threw her heels up onto the platform and stepped on the officer’s back, making him slightly grunt.

“Hyunseung, get over here!” the team captain ordered. Said boy ran over and helped Doojoon lift Seyi up.

Yoseob gulped.

The train was coming nearer and nearer. He knew if he wasn’t off the track in the next 45 seconds or so, that would be the end of him.

The psychology specialist then sighed in relief once he realized Seyi was finally pulled onto the platform. He jumped to his feet and looked as another whistle sounded.

“Give me your hand!” Doojoon instructed and Yoseob obeyed, reaching up with his arms stretched. Doojoon and Hyunseung took hold of him and started to pull him up.

“Jump!” Hyunseung yelled.

The train was almost there. Its front lights were now visable and they were becoming brighter and brighter as it approached the station.

There were only 15 meters left.

12 meters.

9 meters.

5.

1.

With his last amount of strength, Yoseob pulled himself onto the platform and swung his legs over the edge. The train sped past them.

Yoseob collapsed onto Doojoon. His eyes were closed shut and he was holding onto his hyung for dear life. Glad to see him safe, Doojoon sighed and laid back onto the concrete.

“You know,” Hyunseung panted,” we could’ve just waited for the train to stop.”

“That train wasn’t going to stop,” Doojoon replied. “It was headed towards downtown. If we hadn’t saved Yoseob in time, his body would’ve been dragged ten miles around under Seoul.”

Said boy shuttered. Doojoon then closed his eyes, sighed, and began patting the latter's back. Don’t worry, he thought. You're safe now.

 

[ 3 Hours Later ]

Junhyung, Hyunseung, Kikwang, and Dongwoon were seated in the black SUV Dongwoon had returned with from the station. It was currently 10 PM and even though it was a long day, they were on a stakeout outside Seyi’s apartment complex.

“Where're Yoseob and Team Captain?” Dongwoon asked Hyunseung.

“Hyungnim took Yoseob out for Udon after he nearly died,” answered the doe-eyed man.

What?” Kikwang bellowed. “What do you mean after Yoseob-hyung nearly died?”

While Hyunseung explained to the others what they missed out, Junhyung thought back to the hooded figure at the station. Who was that person? The motorcyclist asked himself for the 100th time that night. How’d he disappear into thin air? Was he a ghost? Wait a minute, Yong Junhyung, you’re losing your sanity. Ghosts don’t exist.

He was so spaced out that he didn’t realize Kikwang calling his name.

“Hyung?” exclaimed the maknae. “Hyung! Hello?”

The 25 year old snapped out of his trance. “Huh? What?” he stammered.

Hyunseung raised his eyebrow before asking,” What’s up with you?”

Junhyung blinked before shrugging. “Just thinking,” he answered casually. He noticed Kikwang and Hyunseung exchanging glances but ignored it.

“Anyways,” he continued,” Kikwang, you said you placed a bunch of cameras in Seyi’s apartment room right?”

Their technician nodded. “Yep!” he replied. “Don’t worry though. Seyi-noona knows about it. I told her to change in the bathroom.”

Hyunseung looked out the window at the room located at the far left of the building’s third floor. He watched as the lights turned off, signaling that Seyi had just crawled into her bed.

Kikwang, who was seated beside him, began to doze off but before he could fall asleep, Hyunseung nudged him. “Hey, Kiki, can you check the cameras in Seyi’s room for me?” the 24-year-old weapon specialist questioned. “She just turned the lights on again for some reason.”

Kikwang yawned and pulled out his phone. Everyone else looked at the phone screen and watched as Seyi entered the living room of her apartment. She reached for her phone before pressing the device to her ear.

“I wonder who she's talking to. It looks like her and whoever’s on the other line are arguing,” Junhyung noticed.

It was true. Seyi looked very upset.

“Who do you think it is?” Dongwoon asked.

Hyunseung stared at the screen of Kikwang’s phone. “I don’t know,” he spoke up. "But whoever it is, we'll find out soon."