Level 1: The Sung Seyi Stalker Case

Mastermind [ Unedited ]

 

The next morning Hyunseung found himself deep in thought on his way to the station. He was so spaced out he didn’t notice a familiar vehicle pulling up beside him. It was then when Junhyung took off his helmet and called out his name that he noticed the presence of his co-worker.

“You okay?” the older man questioned.

“Huh? Oh, yeah, I’m good.”

Hyunseung gave a forced smile that Junhyung immediately saw through but he decided to push it away.

“Want a ride to the station?” Junhyung gave a smile but it disappeared when Hyunseung shook his head.

“I’m fine,” he replied. “I feel like walking today. Thanks though.”

And with that he left before Junhyung could respond. The 25 year old frowned before putting on his helmet. I wonder what’s wrong, he thought. Then, with some slightly hurt feelings, he sped off.

[ X X X ]

Kikwang lazily entered the office, his eyes half closed and hair somewhat disheveled.

“Whoa,” Dongwoon commented after seeing the youngest arriving. “Look what the cat dropped off.”

Kikwang groaned before crashing onto the couch. “Shut up – I’m tired.”

“Did you pull an all-nighter or something?”

“No; someone sent me a virus on my computer and I spent five hours trying to fix it. Then after I finished, I got an email that said ‘Good Job’ and—“

“—And so you got creep out and couldn’t sleep,” Dongwoon finished.

“Sure, put it that way.”

Dongwoon opened his mouth to say something but stopped midway after realizing Kikwang had started dozing off again. The 24 year old made a face from the lack of attention. Since the others weren’t here yet and Doojoon scared the living daylight out of him, Kikwang was his only way of entertainment.

Don’t think wrong.

All of a sudden, an idea struck Dongwoon and a mischievous grin made its way onto his face. Snickering, he stood up and scurried out of the office before returning with a cup of water.

“Kikwang!” the motorcycle driver sang. “I have something that’ll make you wake up!”

The younger man mumbled something before opening his eyes. “What?”

“Water.”

Not thinking clearly of his somewhat bad past with Dongwoon, the raven-haired officer reached out and took a sip of the water.

Boy was that a mistake.

As soon as the liquid made contact with his tongue, his eyes shot wide open and he spat it out. Dongwoon couldn’t take it anymore – he burst out laughing.

“Yah, what did you give me?” Kikwang hissed.

“Oh, you know – rat urine.”

“WHAT?”

Dongwoon started cracking up but slowly started to stop when he saw Kikwang fuming. “Hey, hey, calm down kid. I was just kidding! It was salt water.”

“You gave me something fish eat and poop in?”

“Hey, at least it was fresh from the toilet instead of from the sea.”

“WHAT KIND OF HUMAN ARE YOU?”

“I said I was just joking! Man, you’re really gull—KIKWANG, PUT THE CHAIR DOWN!”

Thankfully, Doojoon exited his office just as his co-worker was about to murder Dongwoon.

“Hyungnim!” the motorcyclist cried. “Our maknae’s trying to kill me!”

Doojoon looked from Kikwang to Dongwoon then back to Kikwang before nodding. “Carry on,” he said and with that, he left the room.

Dongwoon gawked.

“Hyungnim, you don’t have a heart!” the 24 year old called after his team captain.

But fortunately another miracle - aka Yoseob - entered the room. “Good morning ev—KIKWANG PUT THE CHAIR DOWN!”

Dongwoon silently thanked the Heavens as he scrambled to Yoseob knowing Kikwang wouldn’t hurt his friend.

“Yes, I love you Yoseob!” he cried.

Yoseob gave him an odd look. “What happened here?” he asked.

“The idiot gave me toilet water filled with salt!” Kikwang accused, putting down the chair.

“I said I was just kidding!” Dongwoon exclaimed. “Jeez, you take everything so serious—YOSEOB, HE HAS SCISSORS!”

Doojoon then entered the room casually. “Kikwang, you need to work on your throwing problems,” the 26 year old commented.

Kikwang dropped the scissors and saluted as if he was in the army. “Good morning team captain!” he greeted.

Yesterday the three had noticed Doojoon’s slight change of attitude throughout the day. Though the bluntness remained, he began talking a bit more. 

Doojoon answered with a grunt before entering his private office.

Two minutes then passed and Junhyung trudged into the office wearing a slight frown. He plopped onto the couch between Dongwoon and Kikwang- who was playing on his phone- and crossed his arms.

“What’s with you today?” Dongwoon chuckled.

Junhyung glared at him. “Mind ya own business.”

This guy has mood swings, Dongwoon concluded but didn’t press further into the subject knowing his friend’s temper.

“NOOOOOO!” Kikwang suddenly barked, making everyone jump.

“What? What happened?” Yoseob questioned.

“I lost at Angry Birds!”

“And I thought it was something important,” Dongwoon mumbled.

Him and Kikwang started a face-making contest while Yoseob and Junhyung exchanged glances. Right that moment Hyunseung appeared.

“Good morning Seungie!” Yoseob greeted.

Junhyung looked up and gave a small smile.

“Morning,” Hyunseung greeted back.

The door to their team captain’s private office then opened and out stepped Doojoon. “Everyone to the conference room,” he ordered. They all exchanged glances but followed him to the designated room. Once they were all seated, Doojoon turned off the lights and showed an email on the projector screen. “Yang Yoseob,” he spoke,” can you please read this for us?”

Said boy looked up slightly confused but he nodded and began reading:

“Dear Unit Six of Station 410,

                                                I hereby declare a challenge reserved only for the best of the best. If you dare to take on this challenge, I suggest you continue reading.

This challenge is like a game. There are three levels. Each level features a mystery that you have to solve. If you cannot solve it, you lose. If you pass, you move on. I advise you to take this warning: Do not ignore this letter. If you decline, I am happy to say that I won and as a result, I will drop a bomb that will blow up Seoul to bits along with any city within a one hundred mile radius. However, if you do accept, you have two days to find the stalker of singer and model, Sung Seyi.

Signed,

       The Mastermind”

 

“Is this a joke?” Kikwang exclaimed.

Dongwoon rolled his eyes. “Are you stupid? It clearly stated ‘Do not ignore this letter’.”

“It was a rhetorical question!”

Junhyung exchanged looks like the others. "So we're really gonna do this?"

Doojoon nodded. “It’s not like we have a choice. On the other hand, Sung Seyi’s manager filed a stalker report yesterday afternoon so everything’s going perfect according to their plan.”

"Only three levels?" Dongwoon spoke up. "Sounds easy enough."

Yoseob raised his hand. “When are we going?” he questioned.

“We’re leaving in five minutes to go to her photo shoot.”

Yoseob grinned. “Guys, get your pen and paper ready because we’re about to go meet Sung Seyi.”


 

Don’t worry guys! The Dooseob scene will come soon- real soon >:D – insert crazy laughter here-