Television Makes Everything Look Better

Mastermind [ Unedited ]

 

Nearly 35 minutes later, Unit 6 found themselves in Sung Seyi’s dressing room at the designated studio.

“Whoa, this place is huge,” Junhyung commented.  Doojoon, Dongwoon, and Kikwang were currently seated on the couch while him and the others were standing. In front of them was a low rectangular-sized coffee table and on the other side was another couch where Sung Seyi and her manager were most likely to sit once they showed up.

“The woman that directed us here said Seyi-noona’s coming in five minutes,” Hyunseung informed. “So until then, what should we do?”

“I have a suggestion,” Yoseob piped up.

Everyone looked at him.

 “Well, for starters, let’s talk about the information we have so far.”

Doojoon spoke first. “Sung Seyi, twenty-seven. She’s a model and singer that’s currently doing a photo shoot here. This is also one of the many common places she works with.”

“So that means everyone’s pretty familiar with her,” Kikwang pointed out.

Dongwoon snorted. “No duh- it’s Sung Seyi we’re talking about, genius. Everyone knows her.”

Kikwang punched the older man in the arm. “Shut up.”

“I heard her and her boyfriend, Siwon, broke up last week!” Yoseob chimed.

Junhyung looked at him. “You would know that.”

Hyunseung noticed one of his dongsaengs pulling out his phone. “What’re you looking at Kikwang?” he questioned.

The maknae held up a finger indicating them to wait. They all watched as he began punching letters rapidly until a beep was heard.

“What was that?” asked Junhyung.

The 23 year old grinned and turned his phone around to show them all what looked like a map.

“I just successfully accessed the studio’s data system,” Kikwang announced. “Now I know every exit, entrance, room, camera, and information within the building.”

Yoseob and Junhyung high-fived him.

“Good job maknae!” they cheered.

Kikwang smiled.

Dongwoon smirked. “Who knew you were actually useful?”

And there goes that smile.

“Dongwoon, be nice,” spoke the leader who then gave Kikwang an approving nod. “Good job. Can you tell me how many cameras are in the building?”

Kikwang leaned forward and everyone started crowding around him in order to see the screen. “Well, there’re three cameras in a hallway, four in a room, forty-nine hallways, and twenty-four rooms. Then there’re an additional twenty-one cameras in the parking lot and elevators. So what’s the product of three and forty-nine plus the product of four and twenty-four plus twenty-one?”

They stared at him. “What?”

“Two hundred and sixty-four,” answered Dongwoon.

Silence.

.

.

.

“Whoa,” Kikwang breathed. “He’s right.”

Everyone gaped, with the exception of Doojoon.

“Dang!” Junhyung hollered. “How’d you know that? You didn’t even use anything!”

Yoseob nodded. “Yeah!” he agreed. “You’re like a human calculator!”

Dongwoon shrugged. “I’m good with numbers.”

Everyone looked up when the door suddenly opened and in walked two women, one being Sung Seyi and the other most likely her manager.

“Sorry for the wait,” the manager apologized. “I’m Jung Seohyun, Seyi’s personal assistant and manager.”

Doojoon shook her hand. “It’s fine. I’m Yoon Doojoon, the team captain, and this is my unit.”

The men bowed in respect.

Once they were all comfortable, Doojoon proceeded. “Can you tell us more about this ‘stalker’?”

Seyi’s face immediately darkened. “The psycho ruined my closet three days ago, so we had to start the photo shoot all over,” she growled. “Then he sent me two envelopes that were filled with my pictures inside.”

“And yesterday he somehow snuck into her dressing room and sprayed graffiti all over the walls. We had to switch into a new room,” Seohyun added.

Kikwang raised his hand.

“Um… how do you know it’s a guy?” he questioned.

Seyi glared at him. “I don’t know!” she snapped. “It’s your job to find out!”

The poor 23-year-old officer shrank back.

Thank goodness Doojoon had a cool temper because he could’ve sworn this woman deserved a little talk. Beside him, Yoseob opened his mouth but stopped midway when his team captain nudged him. Unfortunately, Dongwoon was out of reach and boy did he have something to say.

“Excuse me, Sung Seyi-noona. I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t snap at my coworkers. He’s just asking a simple question and all you need to do is give a simple answer.” He narrowed his eyes. “After all, we are trying to help.”

Seyi scoffed and stood up. “Whatever,” she muttered before storming out the room.

Seohyun nervously stepped in and bowed at a 90 degree angle.

“I’m sorry for her behavior,” she spoke. “Unnie’s just stressed out.”

Doojoon shook his head. “It’s fine- we understand.”

Seohyun then checked her watch. “Sorry Doojoon-sshi, but I have to go. Seyi-unnie’s break is over in seven minutes and I need to get the set ready.” With that, the personal assistant left the room, closing the door behind her. Once they were sure she was gone, they all groaned in unison.

“Ugh, Seyi’s horrible,” Junhyung complained.

“I thought she would be nice like on TV,” Hyunseung admitted. "Television makes everything look better."

Doojoon turned to both Yoseob and Dongwoon. “Next time you have something to argue about, don’t say it,” he ordered. “We don’t need a famous person hating us.”

“But she snapped at Kikwang!” Yoseob defended.

Doojoon and Yoseob started at each other, each person holding their ground.

“You think I don’t find her irritating?” Doojoon spoke. “Heck, I dislike her as much as anyone else but creating more problems isn’t the smartest thing to do right now. We have two days until the deadline- remember that.”

Yoseob sighed. “Fine,” he grumbled.

He looked up, surprised, when Doojoon suddenly patted him on the back. “Just forget about it,” the 26 year old advised, and Yoseob nodded slowly.

That’s the first time he did something nice to me, the 24 year old realized. He then noticed Dongwoon, who was staring off into space. And I would’ve never thought Dongwoon would defend Kikwang like that. I guess people do change.

5 minutes later, Yoseob and his 26-year-old team leader were in the studio where Seyi was supposed to be modeling in. They had received their fake security IDs and because the others were caught up in exploring the building, the two psychologists were the only left.

“Where’s my basket?” Seyi shrieked at the workers. She was currently in a white dress that – at first glance – made her look almost as innocent as a bride.

But the guys knew better.

Way better.

Seohyun hurriedly over to the singer and handed her a brown woven basket.

“Why’s it so heavy?” Seyi complained.

From where Yoseob was standing, he could hear some of the workers complaining about the singer. He couldn't blame them - she was horrible.

“Alright now!” the photographer called out. “Everyone away from the set please!”

They all obeyed and Seyi posed for the camera with a sudden warm and fake smile.

“She’d make a great actress,” Yoseob mumbled to Doojoon who nodded in reply.

A minute passed. Yoseob found himself growing even more bored by the second. Just as he was about to open his mouth and start a conversation with Doojoon, he noticed something. He nudged Doojoon, who looked at him.

“Hyung, is it me, or is something poking out of the basket?” Yoseob asked.

Doojoon squinted his eyes and sure enough he saw what looked like a nose sticking out of the basket. “What the heck? Is that a--”

It was as if telepathy took place because Seyi looked down at the basket too. Her eyes suddenly widened and she dropped the basket.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”