Suspect #1 & Uncle Jungmin Approves

Mastermind [ Unedited ]

[ Meanwhile ]

Location: the lobby

“Technically, beef tastes better than pork.”

“Really? I like pork better.”

“What about chicken?”

“Nah, I don’t really like chicken.”

"What? Stop joking; who doesn't like chicken?"

Hyunseung sighed. He couldn’t believe it; they were on a case involving a creepy stalker and all Dongwoon and Junhyung could think about were meat. Looking around the room, he noticed Kikwang looking at his phone again. Before the weapon specialist could stand up and walk over, he suddenly felt someone drape their arms around his shoulder. He looked up to find Junhyung.

“What about you, Seungie?” the 25 year old asked. “What do you like better?”

Hyunseung raised an eyebrow. This was the first time Junhyung called him by his pet name but hey, he wasn’t complaining. Hyunseung opened his mouth but before he got the chance to speak, a scream echoed throughout the building.

Everyone exchanged glances.

“Wasn’t that Seyi-noona’s voice?” Dongwoon asked.

Kikwang’s phone started ringing and the others watched as the maknae accepted the call and placed it on speaker.

“Hello?” he answered.

“Kikwang!” Yoseob’s voice was heard through the line. “Come to the studio with the others quick!”

Unit 6 didn't need to be told twice. They rushed off and when they entered the studio 2 minutes later, they were shocked to find everyone screaming and running over the place. The guys ran up to Doojoon who had just caught a rat with rubber gloves.

“What’s going on, hyungnim?” Hyunseung asked.

“Someone filled Seyi’s basket with rats,” the team captain replied.

Junhyung snorted. “That’s the dumbest stalker-ish thing ever.”

“Actually, rats can carry lots of diseases including the Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome, which can lead to a deadly severe lung illness, and the Weil’s Syndrome which can cause abdominal problems. In order words, rats can indirectly kill you,” Yoseob informed as he ran past them.

“Okay then… and all of a sudden, they don’t seem so stupid.”

“Don’t worry about it though,” Hyunseung piped up. “They won’t go far – I saw some rodent traps on the way.”

Yoseob stopped running around and partially collapsed on Doojoon. “Yes!” he cheered. “Now I don’t have to chase them.”

Doojoon sighed and looked down at the basket before glancing at the chaos around him. “Guys,” he spoke. “We need to have a meeting.”

Soon enough, the  members of Unit 6 were seated alone in the dressing room once again and once they were all settled, their team captain began speaking.

“I think we might know Seyi’s stalker,” Doojoon announced, receiving weird looks from everyone except Hyunseung.

“How would we know the stalker?” Dongwoon questioned.

“Think about it: who gave the basket to Seyi?”

“Seohyun-noona,” Yoseob answered.

“Who has access to almost everything in the studio?”

“Seohyun-noona.”

“Who spends a lot of time around Seyi?”

“Seohyung-noona!”

“And what does Seyi do that bothers everyone?”

“Everything,” Junyung groaned.

“Are you trying to say something hyungnim?” Kikwang piped up.

Hyunseung joined into the conversation. “I think what team captain’s trying to say is Seohyun-noona might be the stalker.”

[ X X X ]

They had decided it was best for Seyi to take the public transportation. Though the singer/model refused at first, she gave in after Kikwang mentioned an episode in CSI where the taxi-driver turned out to be a serial murderer.

While everyone else was at the subway station, Kikwang and Dongwoon took the bus and were now walking the last three blocks.

“Tell me again why you’re coming back with me to the station.” Dongwoon said.

Kikwang let out a frustrated sigh. “You’re heading back to station to get the car, and I need to go get my backpack.”

“Why?”

“My laptop’s in there!”

Dongwoon opened his mouth but before he could say anything, Kikwang suddenly ran off.

“What the-! Where’re you going?” the motorcyclist yelled. "Don't ignore me, you little midget!"

Kikwang ignored him anyway and didn’t stop running until he reached an electronic store down the street. He grinned and looked at the window display. By the time Dongwoon caught up to him, the older man looked like he was having an asthma attack.

“Yah!” the older man exclaimed. “Why’d you run off like that?”

Kikwang snorted. “Why’d you follow me?”

.

.

.

"Shut up." Dongwoon felt his face heat up but he played it off by letting out a scoff. “So what's so important that you had to take off so sudden?”

“I was planning on buying walkie talkies for everyone so we could communicate easier when we’re separated.”

Kikwang then entered the store with Dongwoon at his tail. The maknae headed to the back counter and rang the service bell. A man in his late 50’s soon came out from the back of the store and grinned when he saw Kikwang.

“Kiki!” he beamed. “Long time no see!”

Kikwang smiled back. “Good afternoon Uncle Jungmin. How’re you and Aemi doing?”

“We’re great! And Aemi just made it into college! Anyways, what can I do for you?”

“Can you please bring me six pairs of walkie talkies and Bluetooth earsets?”

“Sure thing, kiddo!” And with that, the elder disappeared into the back of the store.

“Is he really your uncle?” Dongwoon then questioned. Kikwang shook his head.

“No, we’re not related. I just call him uncle because I was close to his daughter.”

"Is she hot?"

"Go away."

Uncle Jungmin reappeared with 2 cases a few minutes later and placed them on the counter. “Here you go!” he chimed. "Take a look and see if you like them.”

Kikwang nodded and looked it over. Once he was finished, he seemed satisfied. “I’ll take them,” he announced. “How much are they?”

“They were originally a hundred and ninety dollars, but we’re taking twenty percent off because of a sale. And since you’re a special customer, I’m willing to take another twenty percent off. So what’s forty percent off a hundred and ninety dollars?”

“A hundred and fourteen dollars,” Dongwoon answered automatically.

Uncle Jungmin looked impressed. “Wow Kiki, your boyfriend’s really good at math.”

Kikwang flushed and Dongwoon held in his laughter.

“H-He’s not my—“ Kikwang tried to say but the elder interrupted.

“Anyways, that’s a hundred and fourteen dollars!”

Kikwang reached for his wallet but before he had the chance to, Dongwoon took out his credit card. “I’ll pay for it,” the motorcyclist proposed. Uncle Jungmin and Kikwang were shocked, but Uncle Jungmin took the card and scanned it. He then winked at Kikwang who turned 10 shades of red.

“Enjoy your purchase!” the elder exclaimed, placing the 2 cases into a plastic bag and handing it to Dongwoon.

The two officers bowed and headed towards the exit.

But halfway out, Uncle Jungmin called out Kikwang’s name. Said boy turned around.

"Kiki, I just wanted to say that I'm surprised you're not straight!" the elder yelled. "But don't worry -- I approve!"

Kikwang could’ve sworn he died right there.


Like the Kiwoon moment? ;D Uncle Jungmin's a shipper. And raise your hand if you saw that little Junseung and Dooseob moment.

The Next Chapter Includes:

- Dooseob Moment

- Yoseob and Seyi in a dangerous situation

- And Noodles :D