A Team Filled With Idiots

Mastermind [ Unedited ]

After 15 minutes of arguing, threats, and shoe-throwing, the six police officers found themselves seated at a long rectangular table inside the third floor's Conference Room A.

The quietest -- and one of the tallest -- man among the group stood at the end of the table near the dry erase board. He had brown hair, dark eyes, and an ear piercing.

“Let’s all start with the introductions. I’m Yoon Doojoon, otherwise known as the team leader," he stated. "Any questions?”

Everyone exchanged glances. That was the shortest introduction ever, they all thought.

To break the silence, Yoseob raised his hand. “How old are you?” he questioned.

“Twenty-six.”

Yoseob kept his hand in the air. “How long have you been an officer?”

“Three years.”

“Is this your first time being team leader?”

Doojoon stared at his 24-year-old subordinate. “You ask a lot of questions."

Yoseob smiled. “It’s how I learn about people.”

 Doojoon did not respond but instead pointed at the brown-haired guy sitting at the other end of the tablewith his sunglasses hanging from his collar. “You’re next,” he instructed.

The man got up without complaint as Doojoon returned to his chair.

“The name’s Yong Junhyung,” he introduced as he adjusted his sunglasses. “Twenty-five years old and a weapon specialist. I drive a black 2011 YZF-R1 motorcycle--” Dongwoon’s ears perked up. “—and I’m skilled in martial arts. That’s pretty much it, I guess.” Junhyung pointed at the feminine male drinking coffee beside him and cracked a small smirk. “You’re next."

Said male rose from his seat and bowed in respect to the group.

“I’m Jang Hyunseung, and I’m twenty-four. Like Junhyung, I’m a weapon specialist and skilled in martial arts.”

Seeing how amiable Hyunseung appeared, confidence filled Yoseob and he flung his hand out. “Can I go next?” he exclaimed.

Hyunseung smiled at his colleague's enthusiasm and began to take his seat. “Be my guest.”

A grin broke out on Yoseob's features at this and with incredible energy, he jumped up from his seat and bent forward so quickly that Hyunseung swore he heard a crack.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Yang Yoseob! Like Hyunseung-sshi, I am also twenty-four and I just graduated from the Police Academy last week! I specialize in psychology so I hope that in the future, I willl be able to assist the team with all my ability!"

When Yoseob completed his introduction, he looked up to lock eyes with Doojoon.

This kid sure is energetic, Doojoon noted. “Who’s next?”

When no one volunteered, the team leader pointed at Kikwang. “You. Go.”

Kikwang nervously stood up. “Um…,” he adjusted his glasses. “I’m Lee Kikwang, also a graduate from the academy.”

Yoseob raised his hand. “How old are you?” he asked.

“T-Twenty-three.”

“You’re the youngest in the group!”

“I suppose.”

He then sat back down.

“Well, since everyone already introduced themself, I’ll go next,” Dongwoon offered. “I’m Son Dongwoon, twenty-four and a specialist in psychology. Like Jun-hyung, I own a red ninja—“

“YOU OWN A NINJA?” Yoseob yelled.

Junhyung and Dongwoon exchanged glances before they burst out laughting.

“A Ninja 650R- it’s a type of motorcycle,” Dongwoon explained.

“Oh…..”

“Yeah, and it’s my precious baby, so don’t go around throwing milk cartons at it.”

Kikwang glared at Dongwoon. “If you keep pointing it out, that milk carton isn’t the only thing that’s gonna get thrown at your baby!”

Junhyung snickered. “Is it me, or does that sentence sound somewhat disturbing?”

Hyunseung rolled his eyes. “Oh shut up!”

“Yah, I’m older than you! Show some respect!”

“I would if you acted your own age!”

“Guys, let’s all calm down,” Yoseob suggested.

“Shut up!”

“Jun-hyung, that wasn’t nice!”

“You know what’s not nice? Kikwang’s face!”

“Dongwoon, you’re such a—“

“NO CUSSING!”

Doojoon sighed. My team’s filled with a bunch of idiots.

[ 6 PM ]

It was a miracle how nobody landed in the hospital by the end of the day.

Kikwang and Dongwoon’s stupid arguments drove the others crazy, but Junhyung’s idiotic and unwanted comments were what annoyed Hyunseung the most.

The younger weapon specialist sighed in relief as he stacked up the reports of the recent burglaries.Thank goodness it’s time to go home.

Just as he was about to leave, Yoseob popped out of nowhere.

“Hi!” he piped up. “I was wondering if you’d like to go eat some dinner with me so we could get to know each other since we’re teammates and all.”

Hyunseung smiled at his coworker’s attempt to become friends. “Sorry Yoseob, but I’ve got to go home and help my parents. My mom’s sick with a fever. Maybe another time?”

 “Oh, yeah, sure! No problem!”

“Alright then. Good night.”

“Night. Oh, by the way, I hope your mom gets better!”

Hyunseung smiled and thanked him before leaving.

Yoseob sighed. I was kinda hoping to get along better with the others. Jun-hyung and Dongwoon already made plans together, and I don’t think team leader would want to eat with me.

He immediately grinned after realizing the last person at the office was still packing up. “Kiki!” the 24 year old exclaimed, smacking the glasses-wearing boy on the back. Said boy jumped from his seat and looked like he nearly had a heart attack.

“Don’t do that hyung!” he gasped, clutching his chest.

Yoseob grinned. “Wanna grab some dinner?”

“Um, sure. It’s not like I’m busy or anything.”

Yoseob beamed. “Sweet -- I know just the place.”

[ Later That Day ]

8:30 PM

Hyunseung found himself heading home with a small brown paper bag in hand. He had just visited the local pharmacy to pick up some medicine for his mother’s fever and was now heading back home. Man, it’s already this dark, he thought to himself.

All of a sudden, he heard a can skid across the pavement from behind.

The 24 year old whirled around but no one was in sight.

That’s weird -- I’m pretty sure I heard something.

He just shrugged and continued on his way, but raised his guard up. A couple minutes passed and soon he was sure someone was following him.

Should I take him one-on-one right now? He wondered. Or should I wait until he makes his move?

Before he could even finish his thought, he heard footsteps behind him. The second he turned around, the person launched a punch at his face. Thank goodness Hyunseung had quick reflexes or else he would be clutching his cheek in pain right now.

Hyunseung brought the bag up to his teeth and bit on it as he kicked his attacker’s hip, and when the man doubled over, the weapon specialist took the bag out of his mouth and grabbed his attacker by the collar.

“Who are you and why’re you following me?” he demanded.

Before his attacker could talk, a bright light appeared around the corner and momentarily blinded Hyunseung. Seeing this blind spot, the mysterious man shoved the officer away and took off.

Hyunseung groaned and rubbed his eyes. Once his vision was back to normal, he realized the light belonged to a familiar motorcycle. The driver stopped and took off his helmet revealing none other than Yong Junhyung.

“Hey, you alright? Who was that guy that ran away?” the 25 year old questioned.

Hyunseung turned to look where his attacker last was seen. “I don’t know,” he answered. “But whoever it was, they’re lucky they left unbroken.”

Junhyung stayed silent for a minute but immediately spoke up when Hyunseung started leaving.

“Letmedriveyouhome,” he blurted and mentally slapped himself afterwards. Great, he groaned. Now Hyunseung’s gonna think I’m gay.

Hyunseung looked at Junhyung suspiciously. “Did you just offer to drive me home?”

The 25 year old looked down and scratched his head. “Um, yeah- we’re heading the same way and you’re kinda handicapped with that bag.”

“So you’re willing to drive me home… even after I called you an idiot?”

Junhyung twitched. “Let’s just forget about the past.”

Hyunseung shrugged. “Fine with me. I don’t have to walk.”

Junhyung scooted up to make room for his teammate. The 24 year old climbed on and placed his hands on his knees.

“Um… Hyunseung,” Junhyung spoke.

“Yeah?”

“If you sit this way, you’re gonna fall.”

Without warning, Junhyung grabbed his teammate’s arms and wrapped it around his waist. Hyunseung reddened but the motorcyclist couldn’t help but grin like an idiot. “That’s better. Hold on tight now, because this is gonna be one bumpy ride.”

“What are you—AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”


Sorry, I just couldn’t resist adding the ending XD I’m glad you guys like it~ But I feel like I update too much TT.TT Anyways, comments and subscriptions are appreciated! Thank you readers! <3

Btw, tell me what you think about the Kiwoon and Junseung scenes so far! Sorry that there hasn't been any Dooseob yet. BUT there will be soon ;D kekekeke