Chapter 4: His Snapback

7 Things Belonging to Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ugh.” Soo Ah groans as she closes her apartment door behind her. She drags herself over to the couch and flops down on it. She was exhausted. She literally had to run all over campus today to get all her paperwork filled out for the beginning of her semester. Everyone was so busy to help her so she had to do it all by herself, all she wanted to do now was to close her eyes and take a nap.

Knock. Knock.

Terrific. Soo Ah thought to herself. Maybe if she just stay quiet –

“Soo Ah, open the door!”

Soo Ah closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Because God please give her patience so she wouldn’t wring her best friend’s neck.

It was Ji Young and Soo Ah looks over to the clock on the wall. It was already 8 pm, what was Ji Young doing here. She forces herself to get up and walks over to the door. She rolls her eyes when more knocking started to sound off.

“What is it Ji Young?”

“Do you always greet your friends like that?” She crossed her arms and gave Soo Ah an attitude.

“Only the annoying ones.” Soo Ah smirked when she saw how Ji Young became speechless. Ji Young gave her a dirty look and that’s when Soo Ah noticed the bags. “What’s all that?” Soo Ah pointed to the shopping bags hanging from her forearms.

Ji Young broke into a grin and pushed Soo Ah aside so she could walk in. “Today is Friday.”

Soo Ah waited for her to continue to talk. “…And?” She arched her brow at Ji Young.

“It’s Friday night.” Ji Young challenged her back but Soo Ah was only confused. Why couldn’t Ji Young come out and say what she means? Why do they have to go around in a circle?

“It would really help my brain from working overtime if you would just spit it out.” Soo Ah stared at Ji Young tiredly.

Ji Young sighs. “It’s Friday and we should go out.” So that’s what she was getting at. And now it was time for Soo Ah to make her decision. It wasn’t hard and it didn’t take Soo Ah long to finally give Ji Young an answer.

“No.” Soo Ah turns around and heads to her bedroom.

“But why?” Ji Young whined in her high pitch voice. She knew how much Soo Ah hated it when she did that. Soo Ah covers her ears and falls on her bed. “Soo Ah, we never go out anymore.” There it was again, that high pitch squealing. Soo Ah silently groans, please was there anything to shut her friend up with. Why of all days does Ji Young want to go out now?

“Ji Youngie, I’m so tired. Please let me off today.” Soo Ah begged her best friend. But she knew. She knew Ji Young was not going to let her off so easily. Ji Young drops on her bed.

“But there are going to be a ton of people going today!”

“Who?”

“The cute boys from my apartment complex.” Ji Young smiles. “So please Soo Ah, just this once. For me.” She put on her best puppy dog look and clasped her hands in front of her.

Soo Ah sits up to look at her friend. She wanted to whine and stomp her foot so Ji Young could know how badly she wants to stay home but even then, she was too tired to do that. And frankly, she is also too tired to argue anymore.

She knew she would regret this decision. Hell! She would probably fall asleep standing up but Ji Young will never let her live this down if she didn’t go with her. Ji Young would take her on a guilt trip and Soo Ah would realized that she would regret it more if she said no to Ji Young.

“Fine.” Soo Ah answers exasperatedly and falls back on her bed.

“Yes!” Ji Young was the only one cheering and she pulls Soo Ah up into a sitting position. “Now then…” She grabs her bags and places them on the bed. “I brought you some things.”

***

“Ji Young.” Soo Ah whined. She pulled at the skirt and grimaced at her reflection. “This is too short.”

She smacked away Soo Ah’s hand. “Stop that. Your legs look so long.” She looked at Soo Ah with eyes that were filled with amazement.

“Yeah. Maybe it has something to do with the seven inch heels you got me.” Soo Ah shot back at her. She stood and fidgeted around. This wasn’t exactly a comfortable outfit. Soo Ah glared at her so called best friend. 

“But, you look hot!” She stood up and straightens Soo Ah’s back. She was totally ignoring the consequences. Soo Ah could only shake her head at her friend. “Oh my God, look at yourself.” She pushes Soo Ah forward so she can see herself in the mirror. Ji Young had done everything. From the hair, the makeup, the outfit, and to the shoes. Everything.

Soo Ah roll her eyes. Seeing herself wasn’t the problem! But, Ji Young was so pro at ignoring Soo Ah.

“But you’re missing something…” Ji Young thoughtfully looked at Soo Ah. She glances around the room and spies Yong Guk’s box. Thinking it was a box of Soo Ah’s clothing, she opens and finds his snapback, a black cap with the word ‘OBEY’ stitched on it. She grins and pulls it out. “This should complete the look.” She places the cap on Soo Ah’s head and Soo Ah gasps upon seeing the thing on her head.

“I can’t wear this!” Soo Ah quickly removes the snapback and prepared to toss it back in the box but Ji Young grabs it from her hand before she could.

“Why not?” Ji Young pouts.

“It-it looks strange with this outfit.” Soo Ah tried to make up something to persuade Ji Young to put the snapback back into the box.

“Fine, I’ll wear it then.” Ji Young gave up and placed it on her own head. Soo Ah’s eyes widened. She couldn’t risk Ji Young ruining it or losing it tonight. She grabbed it from her head.

“On second thought, I like it.” Soo Ah glanced at Ji Young and Ji Young rolls her eyes. Soo Ah decided that at least she could try to protect it tonight and return it to Yong Guk another day.

***

This is why Soo Ah didn’t want to go out. The people inside the club were crazy and Soo Ah had no energy to keep up with them. Ji Young leaned towards Soo Ah’s ears and tried to speak over the blaring music in the background.

“They said they were close to the bar!”

Soo Ah nodded and held Ji Young’s hand so she could lead her there. It was extremely stuffy and hot in the place, Soo Ah wanted nothing more than to be home at the moment.

They made it through the crowd of people and found the three boys leaning against the bar counter.

The boy’s expression lightened up when they saw Soo Ah and Ji Young approaching and Soo Ah noticed how Ji Young’s attitude changed completely. Soo Ah glanced at each boy, trying to figure out which one Ji Young had her eyes on. They reached out and pulled Soo Ah and Ji Young into hugs. Ji Young was more natural but Soo Ah’s body immediately tensed upon contact. She tried to smile it off but this was definitely awkward.

She didn’t know any of them and she wasn’t exactly ecstatic being here.

“You girls want anything to drink?” One of the boys, I’m assuming is Baek Min yelled over the music. Ji Young nods her head, she was always the bigger the drinker between

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter