Chapter 3: His Jersey

7 Things Belonging to Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo Ah awoke from the ringing of her phone. With her eyes closed, she felt around the bedside table for it. She was up late settling and unpacking things, thankfully she prepared the bed so she slept on something rather than the couch.

But, she wasn’t complaining. It was a couch gifted from Bang freaking Yong Guk after all.

“…Hello?” She didn’t try to hide the tiredness from her voice. Besides unpacking, she had been busy with registering for classes at the nearby university that she had forgotten what time it was when she went to bed last night.

“Hey, Soo Ah!”

Soo Ah groaned to herself. Why was her best friend so hyper in the morning?

“What are you doing today?” She never wished so bad for a snooze button for her friend.

“I don’t know. Probably just stay in.” Soo Ah mumbled into the phone. She just wanted to sleep the day away. There has been a lot of work and too much excitement in her life recently for her to have any energy left.

“Well, not today!” Ji Young said cheerfully. “I have tickets for the baseball game today!”

“Are you talking about the professional baseball game?” Soo Ah sat up in surprise. Yong Guk said something about going to a baseball game the other day. It had to be the same one right?

“Yup!” Ji Young’s voice rang out. “Get ready by noon! I’ll come pick you up.”

They say their goodbyes and Soo Ah sits up in bed to get everything registered. This was her chance to see Yong Guk again. She pulled out her phone and scrolled down to Yong Guk’s contact.

No, she did not delete it and yes, it is under ‘boyfriend’. No one would ever know right? She debated on pressing the green phone. What if he gets upset because she said she would delete his number and in the end, didn’t?

Would he be disappointed? Because even though that wasn’t the end of the world, it was pretty damn close to it.

She thought for a second. Oh well, he’ll probably be happy over the fact that she ‘found’ his jersey. She went ahead and pressed the icon and put the phone up to her ear.

She heard the other line click. “Hello, Yong Guk?”

“Ah, no, he’s busy at the moment. Can I ask who is calling?”

Soo Ah was taken back. It was a girl’s voice. More specifically, it sounded like Secret’s Ji Eun’s voice. Soo Ah found her own voice and focused back. “Umm it’s Soo Ah.”

“Soo Ah?” Ji Eun repeated her name. If they weren’t locked in a rivalry, Soo Ah would have freaked out for speaking to another idol but come on, she couldn’t act that way. No matter how starstruck she was.

“Yes, I was hoping you can tell him –“

“Soo Ah?” The voice suddenly changed and Soo Ah’s heart beat faster recognizing who it was.

“Yong Guk?”

“Yeah.” He laughed and she smiled at the sound. “Is there something?”

“Sorry, I know you wanted me to delete your number but I didn’t…” This wasn’t what she wanted to say. “Anyways, I found your jersey.”

“Really?!” Even over the phone, it couldn’t hide how excited he sounded.

“Yeah, I will also be at the game so I’ll give it to you there.”

“Thanks so much! I’ll see you soon.”

“Okay, bye Yong Guk.” She shut off the phone and squealed to herself. There were so many firsts! And this was another, to have a chance to speak to Yong Guk on the phone. But she couldn’t be entirely happy. “So they’re together.” She mumbled while staring at her phone and they seemed close enough for her to pick up his phone. “Oh well, I’ll be seeing him soon.” She attempted to comfort herself and got up to get ready.

“What should I wear?”

***

Soo Ah walked into the entrance of the stadium with Ji Young and instead of focusing on her. Her eyes were scanning for that one person.

Who else? Yong Guk of course.

A few minutes ago, she had texted him asking if he wanted to meet up near the concession stands so she could give him the jersey that was folded inside her bag. He agreed and now all she had to do was to wait and look out for him,

“Ji Young, wanna stop by the concession stands for some food?” One thing she couldn’t do was to let Ji Young know about this. She would freak and that isn’t an entirely good thing. But, Ji Young wouldn’t leave Soo Ah by herself and Soo Ah wouldn’t want that either, if she didn’t want to get lost.

Ji Young agreed and they headed over to the food stands. Ji Young quickly got her food and started munching, making a mess everywhere. “Ji Young, are you a girl?”

Ji Young responded with full of hotdog, something like ‘Soo Ah, you’ve gotten funnier’ but Soo Ah was too busy grimacing at her friend. She handed Ji Young a napkin and hoped Ji Young could take the hint and clean up a little. Her eyes continue to scan before she saw Ji Young toss the napkin on the ground.

“Hey, Ji Young clean up after yourself.” Soo Ah bent over and picked the napkin up from the ground. She left Ji Young and went to the closest trash can to toss it out.

“Did you do that knowing I was here?”

Soo Ah jumped in surprised and clutched her heart.

Yong Guk laughed out loud. He was wearing a cap, obviously to try to keep himself from being notice but Soo Ah knows that at any moment, he was going to get caught whether he liked it or not. “I’ll take that as a ‘no’.” He answered his own question.

“Wha – “ She looked at him wide eyed, unable to calm her scared heart.

“Never mind.” He laughed again. He was pleasantly surprised to see Soo Ah pick up after her friend. He had always stated that he liked women who picked up trash and Soo Ah did just that. He thought she had seen him so she felt pressured to do it but based on her response, she didn’t even know he saw her.

She nodded her head still unsure but after collecting her thoughts, she reached in and pulled out the jersey. “Here you are.” She gave it to him with a smile.

“Thanks for calling me.” He took it from her and Soo Ah smiled wider seeing him happy.

“No problem.” It was her master plan after all. Thanks to the little mistake that she thought would forever ruin her life, it ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter