Silent

Can I Be Your Matoki?

 

(A/N: Congratulations to Kaisoo for winning the most votes! I had a feeling Kaisoo was going to win! DAEHYUN SPECIAL!!!) 
 
 
Chapter Title: Silent
 
 
The next morning, Daehyun woke up to the smell of- well, he didn't know what type of food it was but it smelled good. Crawling over Youngjae and jumping off the bed, the quiet brunette went into the closet to wear some suitable clothes. The owner of the house was happy to give the six of them some new clothes for they have came in with empty hands. 
 
After slipping on his clothes, he grabbed his mask and wore it, the tip snuggling on his nose bridge. Daehyun walked towards the door, opening it slowly so that the three sleeping bunnies wouldn't wake up. Especially Zelo. Creeping across the hallway, a sizzling sound could be heard and whispers from two people. Suddenly, a crash.
 
"Yah! Be careful would you?!" A shocked voice whispered frantically. 
 
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Another voice yelped out desperately. A couple of shuffling and then back to chopping and sizzling. 
 
Daehyun crept around the corner, peeking half of his face out to see Kyungsoo wearing a pink apron and Jongin trying to cut the onions without crying. Similar to Himchan and Yongguk in the morning, he chuckled at the bickering couple and sneakily advanced forward. Daehyun reached out his hand and quickly grabbed a piece of American bacon, not knowing what it was. Looking up to see that Jongin was about to turn around, he slipped into a suitable sized cabinet and hid in there. In the dark, Daehyun bit into the juicy bacon and chewed. 
 
And chewed. 
 
And chewed.
 
And chewed until he realized it was all gone. What yummy earth food! Daehyun thought in amazement, having an urge to get a handful more. 
 
"Kim Jongin! What did I say about sneaking food?!" Knowing this, Kyungsoo yelled in a hush tone. 
 
"What?! I didn't steal any this time hyung!" Taking this chance, Daehyun slowly opened the door and crept out. He walked towards the exit of the kitchen and suddenly bumped into a person. 
 
"Oh Daehyun! Are you okay?" He down a bit to see Suho looking up in amusement. Ahhh...so embarrassing! He silently groaned, wanting to run and hide. 
 
"Hmm..." Daehyun hummed instead, giving him a slight nod. 
 
"Okay then," He smiled, nodding a bit. "Why don't you help Kyungsoo?" Suho suggested, gesturing his hand towards the kitchen. Daehyun's eyes sparkled as he nodded, quickly walking into the kitchen again. 
 
"Oh, Daehyun!" Kyungsoo exclaimed, turning around in shock to see him hovering over his shoulders. He pointed at the sizzling bacons on the pan while the owner of it just gave him a confused look. 
 
"He probably wants to help hyung." Jongin blurted out, looking up down to see the silent ninja nod. Nodding in agreement, Kyungsoo took out another pan and placed it on the stove. "I'll get the eggs and teach him." 
 
"'Kay." While working on the bacon, Kyungsoo oiled the other pan a bit so that the two can get started. Daehyun turned his head and walked over to Jongin, watching as he took out a white and green ball out from the fridge. He bent down when the other bent down, staring as he took out a brown box with oval shaped balls. 
 
"Alright Daehyun hyung," The said person raised his brow at the word 'hyung'. "Cut this up for me." Jongin handed him a green ball and a kitchen knife. 
 
Daehyun went over to the cutting board and sliced the ball in half, widening his eyes when he saw that nothing was inside. He experimentally took out the seeds and handed it to Jongin who was crying as he cut the white ball. 
 
"Huh?" The boy looked up to see Daehyun looking at him in confusion, half of a bell pepper in each hand. He wiped away his tears and sniffed, chuckling. "Keep cutting until it gets smaller, it's too big!" The older blinked and walked back to his station, placing the bell pepper back on top of the cutting board. 
 
Why was he crying? Daehyun thought as he took the knife and slowly sliced the pepper into smaller pieces. Jongin passed him a small bowl and he dumped the pieces in there, passing it back. Suddenly, the younger gave him two eggs and gestured towards the hot pan. Confused, Daehyun naively placed the two eggs in the pan and watched it slowly turn black. 
 
"Jongin, can yo- oh! Daehyun!" Kyungsoo quickly saved the eggs and sighed. Looking up at a pair of innocent eyes, the chef couldn't stay mad at his assistant. "That's not how you do it..." He mumbled, taking the eggs and cracking them onto the pan, adding some more. "Here, just keep mixing this." Daehyun nodded and took a spatula. 
 
This is so interesting! It was liquid just a minute ago! Fascinated with the sudden change, he didn't noticed that the eggs were slowly burning until Jongin quickly cut off the stove and picked up the pan. Daehyun blinked. 
 
"Hyung..." The younger sighed heavily, pouring the scrambled (almost burnt) eggs into a big bowl. Suddenly, a small brunette came downstairs and walked into the kitchen. 
 
"Done? Chanyeol's whining about how hungry he is, it's annoyin- oh..." Baekhyun mumbled, finally noticing that Daehyun was carefully placing the bowls of food on the glass table. He looked up from the food and nodded, going upstairs. "Well, okay then..." 
 
~~~
 
After waking up the five of his friends from their dreamland, he all guided them to the table for breakfast. Wanting everyone to get there (Suho joked that he needed to have everyone here since the rest might eat all of it but Daehyun took that seriously), he frantically urged them to walk faster and quickly take a seat. Once everyone was at the table and ready to eat, Kyungsoo politely gave everyone a scoop of each. The five bunnies were confused by the sudden action but followed along with it while Daehyun got his own servings, making sure to get extra strips of bacon. 
 
"Heeeey! Not all of it!" Sehun quietly complained, staring at the guest as he grabbed three more and placed it on his plate. Himchan looked up from his food and gave the younger a look. 
 
"Yah! Daehyunnie!" He whispered, nudging the said boy in the ribs. He was too busy chewing on the bacon that he couldn't hear Himchan's nagging. "Yongguk!" Himchan turned to whine at the leader of the group, gesturing towards the innocent chipmunk who was stuffing his mouth. 
 
"Daehyun, don't eat too mu- Jongup!" Yongguk raised his voice in shock, witnessing the 4D matoki flick pieces of scrambled eggs accurately into Daehyun's mouth. Suho looked at Himchan as he sighed and laughed. 
 
"Just multiply him by five and watch as our fridge become bare by the end of the day!" The other chuckled and raked his hair, looking down at the smaller. 
 
"How do you do it?" He asked. 
 
"Easy! I just go along with it!" 
 
 
 
 
 
(A/N: Yay! Another update! Next chapter is gonna be better~! Tell me if I have any grammar mistakes!)