009

Yuna Inspired: Our Virtual Family [Luhan Version]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Upstairs, Hana had finished getting dressed after her long and relaxing bath. Just as she opened her bedroom door and was ready to head downstairs, she heard noises from the kitchen of plates falling and crashing onto the ground. At the same time, Luhan was heard downstairs hissing at himself. She came down, ready to bicker with Luhan for whatever noises he was making. To her surprise, she saw Taeyang was with Luhan at the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" Hana said. She laughed when Taeyang sat up and picked a bowl and played around with it. "You're going to break the dishes we got for free from your brother."

Luhan gathered all the dishes, even the one from Taeyang. When Taeyang was about to cry, Luhan started to panic. Seeing this, Hana came over and took Taeyang, rocking him back and forth.

Relieved, Luhan exhaled. "Thank you for taking care of him."

"You know, you don't have to have panic attacks whenever he's going to cry. It's not always going to be because of you." Hana said. "What happens if I'm not there and he starts crying, what are you going to do?"

Luhan snickered, "Ha, that's never going to happen. He and I will never be alone."

Hana glared at him, "Are you still angry that he made your parents kicked you out of the house and made your life like this?" She looked at Taeyang, "I told you, I can-"

"No. You don't have to tell my parents anything." Luhan interrupted. He came over and sat on the chair of the dining table. "I like the current life I have, I really do."

"Okay." Hana said. She rested Taeyang on top of the dining table as she sat in front of Taeyang, "Just curious." Smiling, she added, "There's no way Luhan can stay mad at you, huh, Taeyanggie?"

Luhan shivered, "Seriously, don't speak like that to him. You're going to creep him out."

Hana raised a brow. She leaned her head to the side to look at Luhan. She purposely spoke in a childish voice to Luhan, "Why, is it bothering you?"

Luhan scoffed, "Hmph, not me. Taeyang." Suddenly, a loud hissing sound coming from a kettle was heard, making the family flinched. "Oh, it's ready!"

Hana looked at Luhan, "What's ready? What are you up to?" Eyeing the kettle, she asked, "Didn't we just have dinner?"

With his back turned, Luhan started pouring the kettle into a cup. Guarding the microwave, he answered, "This isn't for dinner, and...this is for you." He turned around and placed a cup of hot chocolate on top of a coaster in front of Hana. "The weather was cold today, and although you were cheering the entire time, you were cold, weren't you?"

Emotionally touched, she couldn't bring her eyes to look at Luhan, so she stared at the cup, "Thanks." Slightly embarrassed, she decided to , "Actually, thanks to your knee stockings, I stayed warm." She knew he'd get shy about it.

And, she was right.

Luhan almost choked on his drink and almost spilling it onto the dining table. He blushingly cried out, "Oi, can we please not talk about the stockings?"

Hana purposely raised her brows, acting innocent, "Why? Why can't I talk about the stockings?" She stood up with Taeyang and came to Luhan's side. Strutting and posing, she lifted up a leg halfway as she balanced on the other, "Were they too y on me?"

Luhan coughed even more. He didn't think Hana would say those words. Spazzing, Luhan stood up, moving farther away from Hana. He questioned himself, "Why did I buy her those stockings?"

"Cause you imagined they'd be pretty on me, didn't you?" Having enough fun teasing him, Hana laughed out loud. As Luhan stuttered for a comeback, Hana came forward, "You guys go watch TV or do something. I have to make lunch for tomorrow."

Luhan hesitated to accept Taeyang. He was confused. He already had one hand occupied with the cup of hot chocolate, so he didn't know how else he could hold Taeyang. "I- I have this, though." He raised his cup. "I won't be able to hold him."

"Pabo," Hana pressed Taeyang onto Luhan's chest and Luhan's free hand reflexively grabbed onto the back of Taeyang. "See, you did it. Taeyang's already stable that one hand's enough." She locked eyes with him, giving him a warning, "But, that doesn't mean you can be more relaxed." Patting Taeyang on the back, she smiled, "Go, go, go." She helped Luhan turned around. When he wouldn't walk because of fear that he might drop Taeyang, Hana guided him to the living room.

Looking back up from Taeyang, Luhan asked, "Ne, can you make some fried shrimp for tomorrow's lunch for me? I didn't get to eat any of yours."

"I thought my food were poisonous." Hana said. "You might have a stomachache tomorrow."

"Please?" Luhan pleaded, ignoring her comment. "Please?"

Hana sighed, "Fine. They are still some extra anyway." She smiled.

"YAY!" Luhan shot his fists into the air, scaring Hana. "Sorry." He turned his attention back to the TV, "Okay, go make food."

Hana rolled her eyes. This brat.

As Hana walked back to the kitchen, Luhan could see her reflection through the TV screen. Once again, the feeling of them being a family kicked in. He saw her put on the apron, tying her hair into a ponytail, taking out a knife and doing her business. Seeing this, he didn't realize he was looking at her the entire time. She looks much more feminine when she's in the kitchen, holding a knife so carefully, yet gracefully.

She's so concentrated...Somehow, it's....

Waiting in front of the stove to turn over the frying shrimps, she remembered that she was asked by Jongsuk to make him a lunch box, too, and started to panic. She wanted to make one, but she didn't know which recipe she should make to fit his liking. She finally came to the conclusion of making the lunch she always made for the team- honey lemon slices, onigiri, ham and sausages. That should be good enough. This way, he won't think weird of me if I were to cook him other recipes. Smiling, she gave it her all for a late-night cooking. Yay, a lunch box for Lee Jongsuk sunbaenim!

*

"Morning," Hana greeted Luhan downstairs as she carried Taeyang on her hip. Seeing Taeyang’s saliva dripping from the side of his mouth, she asked Luhan, "Can you give me the lunch at the table while I put Taeyang's shoes on him?"

Luhan followed her direction and took the lunch off of the dining table and came over to her. However, Hana noticed that he didn't give it to her directly. Instead, he put it on the sofa and didn't look at her.

"Hey, I--" Luhan began, "I'm going to go first, okay?"

Hana nodded, "Sure. It's okay. Yunho songsaenim assigned training today?"

Today was Thursday, and Thursdays and Fridays were days that training wasn't needed.

She looked at him as she simultaneously fixed Taeyang's coat. When she woke up this morning, she could hear the loud wind knocking at her bedroom window.

Luhan shook his head, "No. No training. I- I just need to do something." He paced to the door, flustered. Opening it and without looking back, he said, "I'm heading out now. See ya!"

"See--" Hana couldn't even respond to him.

He was already out, running.

"What's his rush?" Hugging Taeyang, she said, "It's okay. Today's just you and me."

*

Luhan paced himself as he walked. His own thoughts of yesterday about Hana being while cooking was still a huge shock to him. He couldn't believe that he had thought of that even for a slight moment - and for once, it was a thought that wasn't a joke. Usually, all his thoughts about Hana were playful ones, but that particular one was actually what he really felt that time, and it scared him.

Luhan moaned, "She knows I avoided her! She knows!" He frowned, "What am I going to say to her when I see her?!" He stomped on the ground, "WHY IN THE FREAKING WORLD DID I THINK THAT SHE WAS ?!" Realizing that he had shouted that out in the streets with people walking around him, he walked away as if nothing had happened, head down low.

*

"Hey~!" Hana exclaimed as she entered her classroom and headed to her seats. Resting her backpack on top of her desk, Hana asked Luhan whom she caught avoiding her eyes again, "What's wrong?"

Luna looked at her boyfriend and then at Xiumin and then at Luhan. She pointed back and forth between Hana and Luhan, "Oh, you two didn't come to school together? You guys are in the ‘same area’."

“No, Luhan went off first.” Hana looked at the board and saw her name under the 'classroom cleaning’' list. Turning to Luhan, she said, "Hey, since I'm on classroom duty, can you go pick up Taeyang by yourself?"

Luhan nodded. "S-sure."

Hana frowned. It was the first time Luhan was like this to her, and it was making her curious. She started to wonder if she had done something wrong to him or something. "Thanks."

Luhan caught the slight smile from her and immediately thought back to how beautiful Hana looked to him yesterday night as she was making the lunch. He looked away, not wanting to be reminded of what he had silently described her.

Hana caught Luhan looking away again and frowned. Something's definitely up.

*

Kris exited out of a cell phone store with a new cell phone in hand. Instead of being in the countryside as he was supposed to be for his information gathering, he had to come back to Seoul because he had fallen into a muddy pond that he didn’t see and almost everything he had was spoiled and/or lost. As he looked through his cell, he noticed that he had received a message from Hana and decided to read hers first.

TO: [email protected]

FROM: [email protected]

SUBJECT: Help with Taeyang.

Hi, Mr. Lu. How have you been lately? We haven’t received any information, news, or updates from you so we’re kind of worried. Do make sure to check up with us once in a while, ne? Anyway, sorry for this out-of-the-blue email, but I would like to ask if you can help us with something. Even if you can’t, we’re wondering if you would have an idea of how to help us. Well, Coach Yunho, ah, he’s Luhan’s baseball coach, asked us to go on this weekend training thingy, even though it’s only for Luhan. We haven’t told anyone about Taeyang, yet, so we were wondering if you could help us find a solution about what to do in this situation? Thank you!

P.S. By the way, I need an answer before Friday, if you can.

 

Well, I'm in Seoul now, so I guess I can go over and help. Kris sighed, depressed. But, if I go, they're going to ask me about the information I've gathered...and, I have nothing yet. He decided to start a new message.

 

TO: [email protected]

FROM: [email protected]

SUBJECT: Help with Taeyang.

Yo! Yeah, sorry that I haven’t been keeping up to date with you guys, but I’m doing fine, thanks. Sorry for making you guys worried about my whereabouts. Sure, I'd be glad to help. In fact, I'm actually in Seoul because of something that had happened. When do you guys want me to get him?

By the way, how’s the virtual marriage life? Is Luhan treating you any better, or is he still the same teasing little brat as usual?

And…uh…How’s Taeyang doing?

Well, keep out for the next message.

Kris.

That should do it. Kris put his cell away.

"You're finished? Is it working properly?" Someone asked from behind him, a much younger boy who was almost the same height as him.

Kris turned around. Smiling, he replied, "Yes. Thanks for taking me here, and for helping me after I fell into the big pond."

"No problem." The person said. "Just one glance and I knew you were from the city, so I figured you wouldn't know your source of help."

“You live in the countryside, so how do you know your way around Seoul so much?" Much better than I do, too. Well, that's probably because I hardly go out anyway when I was working with dad.

The two people started heading towards their next destination, a restaurant so they can have dinner. It was a long day, and because the stranger helped Kris and it had become too late to return back to the countryside, Kris decided he would pay for dinner and find them a place to rest before heading back.

"Before I lived in the countryside, I used to live in Seoul." The stranger explained. I believe we turned a left on here.

Oh, so that's why he knew what internet and phone signal were. "You prefer the country life?"

The stranger stopped walking and Kris feared that he had asked a taboo question.

The stranger didn't turn around, but answered, "No. I moved to the countryside...to grow up."

*

The lunch bell rang and Hana's heart started to throb. The time was here. The time to give Jongsuk his lunch box that she made. Throughout the entire day, she had been constantly role-playing ways of how to greet him and give him the lunch box. As she ped her bag, she saw Luhan's lunch. She took his lunch out and looked at him. As she was about to call him, he got off of his seat and headed out the classroom. She decided to hand it to Luna who sat on her left, "Ne, can you give this Luhan?"

Luna looked at the lunch box and smirked, "Oh yeah, today's the day you eat lunch with sunbaenim."

Hana blinked, "No, we're not eating lunch together. I only made him a lunch box."

Luna gasped and hissed at her, "Pabo, he said that he wanted to eat with you."

Hana shook her head and clarified to her pushy friend, "No, he said that he'd like for me to make lunch for him."

Luna took the lunch with a frown. She was dissatisfied at how oblivious her friend was being at the moment, "Fine. So, you're coming back to eat with us?"

Hana nodded without hesitation. "I will."

*

Luhan entered the boys' bathroom and went over to the sink. He splashed cold water on his face. The girls definitely know something's up! He grabbed some paper towels and dried his face. As he headed towards the exit, he saw Jongsuk entering in. Confused, he asked, "Jongsuk sunbaenim, what are you doing here?"

First year, second year, and third year students have their own floor and their own bathroom, so it was usually rare to see a student from another year be on a floor that wasn't their year's floor.

Jongsuk passed by Luhan to wash his hands, "I came over for Hana ssi."

Luhan turned back, "Hana?"

Jongsuk nodded. Putting soap in his hands, he asked, "Are you and...uh...Hana ssi close?"

Luhan took a step forward, thinking about the correct answer. "Well...we're friends...I guess you can say that."

"No more than that, right?" Jongsuk instantly raised the question.

Immediately, Luhan did an X with his arms, "No! No more than that! Ever!"

After his comment, Jongsuk laughed out loud.

Luhan saw that Jongsuk looked relieved, so he decided to question, "Why did you asked?" Before Jongsuk got a chance to answer, Luhan gasped, "Don't tell me- Yunho songsaenim passed another weird rumor about us again to the team, didn't he?"

Jongsuk leaned straight and looked at Luhan's reflection. "No, it's not that. But..." He looked away, "Even if Yunho songsaenim didn't make rumors about you two...anybody would've think you guys were going out."

Luhan made a throwing up face, showing that he was disgusted. "You will never see her and me go out. Trust me, sunbaenim. She's one of those few girls that are good to hang around with, but not a girlfriend candidate person type."

Jongsuk turned over to look at Luhan directly in the eyes. "That may be true to you. But, I don't think so."

"Eh?"

Slightly smiling and drifting off into memories of when he had stolen glances of Hana secretly, Jongsuk gave his honest opinion. "To me, not only does she seem like a fun person to hang around with, talk to, or even look at...she's someone...who's always supportive, optimistic, thoughtful, and caring of anyone surrounding her. Her expressions always express her sincerity, and her actions are always with meaning behind it."

Luhan knew, based on Jongsuk's expression and words of praises meant something, but he wanted to ignore it. Deep inside, he wished it wouldn't be what he thought it was. But, what bothered Luhan even more was the feeling of wishing Jongsuk wouldn't be implying what he thought it would be. "Sunbae, why those praises?"

Jongsuk took a few steps over to Luhan, "I know you said you guys will have no other relationship other than being friends. Even the members on the team have heard you said that out loud whenever Coach teased you two. But, every time I see you guys together, there's always this thing that tells me you two are more than that."

"That's cause we've known each other since middle school, sunbae." Luhan clarified.

"I know. But, she just seems to be more expressive when she's with you. It's as if she's more of herself.” Jongsuk said. "I want her to be like that around me." Even though she's always smiling, it's only a reflexive smile used by everyone to greet others. But, with Luhan, she could frown, pout, and even get angry at him. Realizing that this conversation was just making him even more depressed, he decided to end it. "Well, I guess that's it for now. See you later, Luhan." He headed out the door.

Luhan followed, but when he saw Jongsuk headed to his classroom, Luhan remembered that Jongsuk was here to wait for Hana. Having a feeling that something was going to happen between Hana and Jongsuk, he stalked him. Hiding behind a wall, he saw Hana exited the door after being asked by Jongsuk. He saw her carrying a lunch that wasn't hers or his and knew immediately that it was for Jongsuk. Oh...so, she made him a lunch. Hmph. Luhan turned away. "As if I care."

*

"You usually eat here?" Hana asked as she followed Jongsuk to the baseball field. Looking around, she didn’t see anyone and hesitated on following him even further. She didn’t want to get in trouble; however, knowing that Jongsuk wasn’t the type to cause trouble or look for trouble like a certain someone she knew, she figured it was safe to go along with him. "It's allowed?"

"Yeah, it is. Not a lot of people know that and the staffs kind of want to keep it that way, too, or else there'd be a lot of garbage lying around," Jongsuk explained. He spotted the bench and pointed to it. "Ne, let's go sit at the bench and eat."

Eat? But... Hana decided to follow despite internally hesitating. As Jongsuk sat down, she continued to stand up. Putting out the lunch, she said, "Yes,sunbae." Bowing, she made a formal apology, "I'm sorry that your lunch fell yesterday."

Jongsuk laughed. "It's okay. In fact, I was more than happy it happened."

"Why? Is it because of the diet?"

Jongsuk shook his head. "No. It's because I could finally get a chance to have lunch with you."

*

"You're not eating, Luhan?" Xiumin asked with his chopsticks still in his mouth. He eyed Luhan's unopened lunch box.

Luhan didn't look at his friends. He was eyeing the door to the rooftop, hoping Hana would pop the door open and join them for lunch as always. "I'm waiting."

"For what?" The friends asked. They knew Luhan never waited for anything when food was right in front of him.

Following what Luhan was looking at, Luna finally understood. "If you're waiting for Hana to ab

Please log in to read the full chapter