Behind the Screen: YIS: Our Virtual Story

Yuna Inspired: Our Virtual Family [Luhan Version]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello Typies,

Sorry for not posting this chapter on the day it was supposed to be published, but unexpected things dropped by my invisible door and forced me to turn my attention away from updating. >_< I finally got a break, so here we go!

This is a new “thing” (because I don’t know what to call it) that I will be doing, and it’s called “Behind the Screen,” or in short, BTS. No, It is not related to the Kpop group BTS in any way either. This feature, if I may say, will have anything related to the specified story, such as character inspiration, ending choices, rejected ideas, and etc. In other words, you’re going to get a “read” on how this story came to be!

Let us start, shall we?

If you didn’t know, this is the first installment in the Yuna Inspired Story series (the YIS series, pronounced “yes”). The series is dedicated to a personal friend named, surprise—Yuna. Of course, that’s not her real name.

This series came to me while I was currently writing “Mirai.” I was halfway with that story, so I told myself it was time to prepare for the next story. When I thought about what story to write next, I was lost and, not being the creative person I wish I was, Yuna, after hearing me out, advised me to write a story that’s loosely based off of an event or something so that I can have something solid and relative since I am not as imaginative.

Unfortunately, I don’t have anything fun or writing-worthwhile, so I asked her if she can come up with an idea from her own life.

It was her turn to vent.

Of course, with this first installment being about babysitting and little kids, I guess you can tell what she vented to me about, right?

And that was how this story was conceived. Yes, pun intended.

We instantly planned and made a certain character portray a personal person that either of us know; for example, Taeyang is based off of Yuna’s then 18-month-old nephew.

Other thought-out things are character foils. Before I go in depth, let me put this out there: although I am both an author and a writer, I don’t pay much attention to other elements, such as creating character foils, symbolism, and the whatnot (because I really, really, really at them). Yes, I do have character foils, and yes, I do have symbolism in this story, but they were not pre-conceived.

This is important to take notice becaus

Please log in to read the full chapter