KRIS

A Date With Him

A/N: Sorry it took so long for me to update. I had a very rough week in school. Hope you enjoy it!

 
"Thank you," I walk out of the music room and feel my phone vibrating in my purse. 
 
"Yoboseyo?" 
 
"Hi." It's Yi Fan. 
 
I smile,"Hey. Why'd you call? Aren't you supposed to be doing a showcase or something?"
 
"We did." I can hear him chuckle over the phone, "So, what are you doing?"
 
 "Music school. I just finished tutoring the kids, why?"
 
"I'm here to pick you up." 
 
I laugh, "But you're still in China. How on earth can —"
 
Someone taps my shoulder. I turn and see Yi Fan grinning at me.
 
My whole body just moved by itself. I throw myself at him and Yi Fan wraps his arms around me and lifts me up in the air.
 
"I missed you," he says. 
 
I missed him so much, it's been so long since I have seen him. A month to be exact. But you have to know that dating an idol is tough because that how it is.
 
"I missed you too," I whisper.
 
He puts me back down and cups my face with his big and delicate hands, "you're still small...or did you get smaller?"
 
I place my hands on my waist and give him a queasy look. 
 
"And you're still the same annoying guy I've met." 
 
He nods and tousles my hair, "Annoying, yes. But this guy is also the one you fell in love with."
 
Believe me. I, too can't believe it. His annoyance had become something I'm familiar with that it's weird not being teased by him.
 
I fix my hair while I batter him with words once more, "Correction, the one I'm falling in love with everyday."
 
Yi Fan laughs and embraces me once more. 
 
This time it was only a brief hug. I didn't want him to let go, I missed him too much that I don't want him to go out of sight.
 
"Let's go." He walks ahead of me and I follow. 
 
"Wait, Yi Fan." I say, "Where are we going?"
 
Yi Fan walks to his sports car and unlocks the door for me. Shh, boys and their toys.
 
 I get inside and he closes the door for me. 
 
He walks to the driver's side and opens the door, "We're going to watch a movie."
 
"And why?" 
 
He pulls the door close and puts in the key. Yi Fan starts the ignition and glances at me. 
 
"I just feel like it." He leans close and grins, "You're wearing the perfume I bought you."
 
"So?" I look away. I can feel my face turning bright red.  
 
Yi Fan steps on the gas and we head off to the park. It's rare to see Yi Fan get all excited. He usually is serious or mischievous but not excited. 
 
"If you're here...then that means the boys are also here?"
 
Yi Fan taps on the steering wheel as he drives, "Not yet. I arrived two hours ago. They'll arrive right about—" 
 
He glances at his wristwatch and back on the streets. 
 
"Now."
 
I frown, "which also means you haven't rested well enough yet."
 
He winces as I tell him my guess, "A bit."
 
"Yi Fan," I sigh in exasperation. "You should have slept for today. I don't want you getting tired even more because of me."
 
Yi Fan stares at me for a long time, reading my expression. "Please don't get mad."
 
I touch his cheek and rub my thumb gently on his skin, "I'm not. I just worry for you."
 
He kisses my hand and apologizes. "I'm sorry. I just can't help it."
 
I just worry about him. I don't want him getting sick or anything bad happen to him.
 
A few more minutes and we arrive at a parking lot. Cars parked in different slots and in front of all is a big white screen.
 
I look at Yi Fan and laugh. 
 
"I thought we're going to watch a movie." 
 
He points at the blank screen, "We are." And gestures at the cars with us.
 
"People who are watching the movie with us are also in their cars."
 
Whoa. I take a closer look and see silhouttes of people in their cars, others are outside in their picnic mats.
 
It's like a scene from the American movies where people watch the movie in their cars.
 
"Daebak." I say.
 
Yi Fan takes something behind us and hands me a popcorn bucket. I giggle. 
 
"What's the sense of watching a movie without a popcorn."
 
I shoot a popcorn in his mouth and laugh, "Funny. When will the movie start then?"
 
Yi Fan chews it slowly, "about 30 minutes."
 
I pop a popcorn on my mouth. What on earth should we do for 30 minutes?
 
"Bored?" 
 
Yi Fan exactly knows what I was thinking. I nod in agreement. 
 
"Okay," Yi Fan pulls out a coin from his pocket. "How about a little magic."
 
I let out a big smile. I like when he do these little magic tricks. Call me childish because I am with him.
 
He shows me a small trick about the coin teleporting from his right hand to his left. 
 
Each trick makes me laugh and gasp. No matter how many times he has done it.
 
"Omo! Do it again!" 
 
Kris laughs and shows me the coin on his palm, "Okay. Take a close look." 
 
He closes his left palm and places his other hand on top of his closed fist. "Now tap it." 
 
I tap his hand and when he lifts his hand from his fist, the coin is on top of his fist. 
 
I laugh. 
 
"Okay, I think that's enough now." He hands me the coin,
 
"You're right."
 
I have been watching him do the same trick over and over again. 
 
"How about another trick?" I ask. 
 
He nods and takes hold of both my wrists. "Now close your eyes."
 
And I did. 
 
Seconds later, I feel him move closer and the next thing I know is his lips are on mine.
 
He leans back and whispers, "You can open your eyes now."
 
I open it and see Yi Fan smiling. "Awesome magic, huh?"
 
I smile back. "Yeah. But I like the coin trick better."
 
Yi Fan chuckles. I like him this way, a carefree yet serious person. 
 
Yi Fan told me about missing his family that much. Once, he didn't want to answer his family's phone call and I didn't want to see that side of him. 
 
"I'm really glad that I'm with you." I say.
 
"I'm glad too. Glad that I met someone like you." 
 
30 minutes is up. 
 
The movie starts with the movie's introduction. An american movie, good thing it has subtitles.
 
Lucky for Yi Fan, he understands English. 
 
I understand too, but I'm not as good as Yi Fan.
 
Yi Fan leans on my shoulder as we watch the movie. What I didn't know was he is already sleeping.
 
He must be really tired. 
 
I run my hand through his soft hair like what mother's do when their kids fall asleep. 
 
In my case, my boyfriend fell asleep. 
 
It's hard being an idol at the same time be someone's boyfriend. 
 
I focus on the movie but something takes my attention away from everything around me. 
 
Yi Fan mutters my name in his sleep with a the three words that he always says to me. 
 
"I...love you..." 
 
I smile and lean to give him a kiss, "I love you too."