KAI

A Date With Him
My phone rings in the middle of the night. It's Jongin. 
 
"Yoboseyo?" 
 
"Where are you?" He asks.
 
"Home." I say, looking at the clock. It's 9:34PM. "How about you? Finished your practice?"
 
"Yeah. The time I arrive no one was there. They said Sehun went home with his girlfriend, he must have been waiting for me..I feel bad for him..."
 
"I don't think so." I comfort him, "Sehun's with his girlfriend after all."
 
I can feel Jongin nod in agreement, "So...can we meet up tonight?"
 
"Of course," I walk to my closet door and begin searching for clothes. "Where are we going to meet?"
 
"I'll pick you up," Jongin says, "I'll be there around 10."
 
"Okay, see you." I hang up and continue looking for clothes. I end up wearing a loose yellow sweater, leggings and shoes.
 
A few minutes later, someone knocks on the door and I find Jongin standing in front of me. 
 
"Let's go." 
 
We walk downstairs and Jongin leads me not to a car but to a big bike. 
 
I gasp, "Since when did you change to a bike person?"
 
Jongin shrugs and lets out a smirk, "Well, it takes me to places real fast, and it's taking us to our location FASTER than a car."
 
He rides his bike and hands me the helmet, "You probably need this." 
 
I take it from Jongin and sit behind him.
 
I don't know how to position myself in this situation. Should I put my arms around his waist? Or should I just place my hands on the the seat. 
 
"Here let me help you with the helmet." Jongin gathers my hair and does a ponytail. I put
 
Jongin starts the engine but as soon as he hits he gas, I unconsciously place my arms around his waist. 
 
I scream out my lungs.
 
I have never seen Jongin be like this.
 
So carefree and happy. I can't help but feel happy for him. 
 
We arrive at the Han river in no time.
 
Jongin parks the bike in front of a cafe. 
 
"Here we are," Jongin helps me take off the helmet. 
 
He laughs. "You're so cute." 
 
Jongin tames my wild hair and helps me get off the bike. I sway a little bit trying to balance myself again. 
 
"You okay?" He holds my arm. 
 
"Yup. Just a little unbalanced...that's all."  
 
Jongin looks at me with his concerned look, "If you're not feeling well today, I could just take you home. It's fine with me."
 
I place my hand on his warm cheek. "Jongin. I'm fine." 
 
I don't want to go.
 
I don't want to disappoint him, we only had so little time together that I don't want to waste any second with him. 
 
"Okay, but please tell me." He kisses my hand on his cheek, "Tell me, if you're not feeling well."
 
I nod, feeling all light headed and butterflies on my stomach.
 
Jongin takes my hand and we walk along the bridge of the Han River. 
 
"Where are we going?" 
 
Jongin points at a cafe, "At the Cloud Cafe." 
 
I can feel him squeeze my hand, "Let's go." 
 
We walk towards the cafe and see the sign says closed.
 
The cafe's lights are on but no one is around. 
 
I sigh, "Jongin, it's closed." 
 
He shakes his head and taps the glass window.
 
A few seconds later a guy walks up to the door and opens it. His eyes and body say drowsy all over. He must have been waiting for us, poor guy. 
 
"Ya— you're late." He growls, "Now the food's all cold."
 
Jongin bows in apology, "Sorry, hyung. I got caught up at practice again," 
 
The guy yawns and opens the door wide enough for us to get inside. "Alright, come on you two love birds..."
 
Jongin grins and leads me inside the cafe. 
 
The cafe has a bright and cozy atmosphere even at night. 
 
The guy approaches us, "You could sit wherever you want."
 
He glances at me and gives a tired smile, "I'm a friend of Jongin. Call me hyung. I don't like people calling me by my name and all."
 
"Okay, hyung." I wink at hyung. 
 
Jongin rolls his eyes, "Alright, come on. Where's the food, hyung?"
 
Hyung sighs in frustration, "Well, if you guys came here early, the food won't be in the microwave right now being re heated."
 
I laugh.
Jongin and Hyung continue fighting about the food, the microwave stops but hyung doesn't seem to notice it. 
 
I take our dishes out of the microwave and walk up to the table and watch Jongin and hyung blabber about things. 
 
"Oppa," I call Jongin. "You done yet? Because I don't want to eat this alone."
 
Jongin and hyung stops from talking.
 
Hyung bows courteously, "Mianhe, I was acting childishly for my age. It's all because of your boyfriend over here."
 
Jongin bows as well, "I'm sorry as well. My stomach got carried away."
 
I laugh, "It's okay, as long as we could eat our pastas." 
 
Hyung declines, "Sorry but I can't stay. I only wanted to give you two something special for the night."
 
"Here's the key, enjoy." He takes his coat from the counter and walks out saying his goodbye.
 
Jongin and I watch him as he disappears from our view.
 
"That was awkward." I mumble. 
 
Jongin claps and stares at the pasta in front of us. He smiles at me, "Shall we start our romantic dinner?"
 
I can't necessarily call it dinner anymore since it's almost midnight but I don't want to destroy the mood. 
 
"But we should have a romantic atmosphere if we want this to be a romantic dinner." I say. 
 
"You're right." Jongin walks to the light switch and turns off the lights leaving only the light on the middle of the  cafe. 
 
We look at our table and see it only has the pasta dish. 
 
"I'll go get the rose from the other table," Jongin says.
 
"I'll get the silverware." I search for the knives and forks and find a cabinet. I open one of the dishware cabinets and find the utensils. 
 
Lucky me.
 
I take two of each and walk back to our table.
 
The flower vase is already placed on the table. 
 
Jongin places a rose in it. "One more," 
 
He runs to the kitchen and comes out holding two sparkling water bottles, he grins.
 
"Substitution for wine."
 
"Funny," 
 
Jongin places two wine glasses on the table and pour the sparkling water on it. "Now we only need music." 
 
I take out my iPod and give it to Jongin, for him to choose the perfect song.
 
He chuckles as he scrolls down my playlist. He must find my taste in music weird.
 
"I like this." He plays the piano cover of Baby Don't Cry. 
 
"Where'd you get this?" He asks, sitting down next to me. 
 
"I did my own cover." I say proudly. "I like the song."
 
 I hand him the fork, "Wait, we're still missing something."
 
"What?"
 
"Candles." 
 
Jongin looks around but doesn't notice the candles. 
 
"Don't worry, I'll go get it." I get up from my seat and take the candles from each of the tables. 
 
"Here let me light it." Jongin takes the candles and place it around the cafe giving the place a bright glow. 
 
Jongin and I stand together on the center looking at our hard work.
 
He slides his arm around my waist and pulls me close, "We did a good job."
 
"We did."
 
Jongin points at the pasta, "let's go eat now...or else we have to reheat it...again."
 
I laugh, resting my head on his chest.
 
We walk to the table and start eating the pasta, together. 
 
"Hyung really cooks well." I slurp the noodle. 
 
Jongin leans in, "You have sauce in your cheek," and rubs the sauce off. 
 
"Thanks." My heart's beating fast again.
 
I calm down by drinking the sparkling water. It feels ticklish on my throat but it smoothens each time you take.
 
"Jongin," I call his attention, "What's with you to call me in the middle of the night and brought me here to eat pasta with you?"
 
He shrugs and smiles, "I just want to be with you right now, can't I?"
 
"Of course you can, it's just...unlike you."
 
Jongin finishes his sparkling water, "Maybe..."
 
The music filled the whole cafe. Jongin gets up from his seat and offers me his hand, "May I have this dance?"
 
I laugh.
 
Jongin's trying to keep a straight face but laughs with me. I place my hand on his. 
 
He leads me to the center of the cafe, "Place your hand over here..." He takes my right hand and place it on his left shoulder. His left hand on my waist, 
 
"And your left hand," he holds it with his right and raises it to his shoulder level. 
 
"But I have two left feet..." I shyly look away. 
 
He chuckles, "Just follow my lead. If I step forward, you step backward."
 
We follow the beat of the song as we dance. Jongin moves smoothly while I on the other hand...am clumsy as hell.
 
I accidentally step on his foot twice...thrice...I think.
 
I apologize and he just smiles and tells me it's nothing and we continue to move to the beat. 
 
The song's about to end.
 
Jongin stops midway and spins me gently, I stop and find myself staring at Jongin. His eyes on mine as well, 
 
"I thought you hace two left feet?" asks, joking. 
 
I smile at him, "I do but not with you..." 
 
Jongin smiles back and looks away. He chuckles, "I'm sorry to tell you this but we have work to do."
 
I look around and notice how we messed up the cafe. I giggle, "You're right."
 
Jongin and I stare at each other. Giving each other mental signals about what to do for the next minutes.
 
"I'll do the dishes," I say. 
 
"I'll clean up the place." He says. 
 
I walk to the table when Jongin pulls me out of nowhere and kisses me. 
 
Jongin winks, "It won't be a romantic dinner without a kiss in the end right?"
 
I give him a slight push and walk a bit farther, "Shouldn't the kiss be at the end? Where you take the girl home?"
 
Jongin shrugs, "Maybe...maybe not..."
 
The Jongin I knew is a bit different from the Jongin tonight. He still has that attitude of his but has a new addition to it. Sweetness.
  
I look back at him and see him slipping something on my purse. I smile to myself and pretend I didn't see anything.
 
"What?" He asks, looking flustered and all.
 
I just shake my head and start washing the plate.