SUHO

A Date With Him
"How's your day?" Joonmyeon asks, ordering our coffees. 
 
"Great." I say, standing next to him. "The kids misses you a lot." 
 
Joonmyeon smiles and hands the cashier girl his credit card. Joonmyeon and I volunteer at the RCY and help kids who are disabled.
He would play with the kids or help clean the facilites and that's also where we first met. 
Brings back so much memories.
 
The girl smiles back, completely smitten by his charms. She swipes the card and hands it back to him, 
 
"Here you go." She stares at Joonmyeon and leaves to make our coffees.
 
Joonmyeon thanks her and place his card back on his wallet. "Really? What did they say?"
 
"That you should drop by sometime. I told them that you're busy for the whole month—"
 
"I can visit them tomorrow." Joonmyeon says, leaning on the wall. 
 
"Why not today?" 
 
Joonmyeon reacts as if I was joking, "Because I'm spending the whole day with you."
 
I nudge him on the shoulder, "Whatever."
 
Joonmyeon chuckles, "It's true!" 
 
The girl comes back with our coffees on our tray. "One caramel latte and americano."
 
Seriously. She doesn't even see me next to him. It's as if I'm his shadow. I must say this girl has the Suho flu. 
 
"Thanks," Joonmyeon takes it from the tray and we sit on the sofa at the cafe.
 
He hands me my caramel latte. "So, where are we going to do today?"
 
I take a sip. "How about let's watch a movie. There is a movie that has been buzzing over lately..."
 
"If it's a horror movie, I'll pass." He puts the straw on the cup's lid hole. 
 
I frown.
Too bad.
I want to see his reactions everytime a ghost appears or the background music has changed and suddenly something surprises you.
 
That last time we watched a horror movie? Never.
 
"Fine." 
 
"How about we just go to Gangnam district?"  He suggests. 
 
"And what are we going to do exactly?" 
 
I look outside of the cafe. People are walking along casually today since it's a weekend.
 
"There's a place I know you'll come to love." Joonmyeon says, drinking his americano like water.
 
"Let me think," A place where I'll love. That could only mean one thing. "It's either a library or a bookstore."
 
"Bingo." Joonmyeon exclaims. 
 
A group of college students enter the cafe and head to the cashier.
 
"I don't know." I say, "anymore suggestions?"
 
"Whoa." Joonmyeon smiles, "This is the first time you have declined books."
 
I shrug. "I don't know. I'm not interested in the new books lately...sloppy plots."
 
Joonmyeon thinks about it and sighs, "Well there's this cafe that I know but the problem is we're already in a cafe."
 
"How about a park?" I giggle. "I know it's a bit common but I can't think of anything else." 
 
Joonmyeon takes out his phone and searches for parks near by the Jeongja Cafe Street.
 
He shakes his head, "We can't. There's an event in the nearest park here and the other one is closed for today."
 
I pout. What is there to do on a normal Saturday? 
 
In the corner, I hear the college group talking about Joonmyeon.
 
The girls keep whispering about him being in an idol group. 
 
He is. 
 
That he's the leader of that group. 
 
He is.
 
And that he's handsome and looks a lot like Siwon from Super Junior. 
 
He does. 
 
And again, no one noticed me. I must have an invisiblity power. No one ever sees me when I'm with him! 
 
I could join EXO now and be the thirteenth member.
 
"Are you uncomfortable?" He asks, leaning closer so only the two of us can hear. 
 
"What do you mean?"
 
He eyes the college group, "Them. I know they're looking at our direction right now and are talking about me."
 
"Joon— Suho." I rarely use his stage name. I use it when I'm serious with him. Weird right? Shouldn't you be using the real name when you're mad?
 
His eyes on mine, "It's cool."
 
He nods and leans back on his sofa. I look at the pastries presented in the front. 
 
I'm getting hungry. 
 
"Do you want something?" I ask, pointing at the pastries. 
 
He takes a close look, "Blueberry cheesecake."
 
I smile and walk to the cashier again.
The college students are already sitting on the other sofas. 
 
Thank goodness. 
 
I don't think I could handle their questions if they ever had. The girl from before smiles at me and asks what I want. 
 
"One blueberry cheesecake and an apple pie." 
 
She punches the orders in the cashier and tells me the amount to pay. 
I hand her the exact bill. She takes it and places it on the cashier. "Hey. Is Suho-oppa your friend?" 
 
Oppa? Ha. I knew it she's completely smitten. 
 
I laugh, as she hands me the receipt and prepare my order. Should I tell him that we're friends? 
 
"Uhm. We're very close."
 
She places my orders on a tray and writes something on a tissue before handing it to me. 
 
I thank her and walk back to our table. 
 
What a funny girl.
Joonmyeon notices me carry the tray and stands to take the tray from me. 
 
"Let me," he holds the tray, "Now go and take a seat."
 
"Okay, thanks." I sit on the couch and take a sip from my latte. 
 
Joonmyeon hands me my apple pie and places his cheesecake on his side of the table, "What's this?"
 
He raises a tissue that has the writing of the girl, it has her name and number. 
Ji young.
 
"Cashier girl asked me if I was a friend of Suho-oppa," I giggle, "I told her we're very close."
 
He laughs. "Why didn't you tell her you were my girlfriend?" 
 
I slice my pie with a knife, "Because I don't want to break any girl's heart by taking away their idol."
 
"You're so sweet." He leans in and tousles my hair. I yank his hand away gently. 
 
"Hey— you're destroying my hairstyle." I frown, "I did this for a very long time."
 
Joonmyeon smiles, "And I thought you were the jealous type."
 
I eat a small slice of apple pie, "I can be the jealous type."
 
Joonmyeon looks unconvinced. "Whatever you say." 
 
He cut the cheesecake in half and effortlessly eats the two third half of it. "Back to our topic, where should we go?"
 
"I don't know..." I swallow the apple pie in my mouth, "I'm too occupied with eating the apple pie... How about you give suggestions and I'll answer to it."
 
Joonmyeon chuckles, "Okay."
 
He says names of restaurants and common date places but nothing seems to catch my attention. 
 
Just then a girl same as my age approach us. She looks at Joonmyeon and holds out a pen and notebook.
 
"Uhm...Suho-oppa...can I have an autograph?" She stutters. 
 
Another girl missing out on me. I am officially invisible. 
 
Suho smiles and takes the pen and notebook from her, "Sure."
 
He quickly signs the paper and hands it to her back, she embraces the notebook and thank him. 
 
"Can...I...also tak...a picture?" 
 
Joonmyeon glances at the girl, "I have my girlfriend with me and I—"
 
"It's okay." I smile at the girl, "You can take a picture with him."
 
The girl notices me and gasps.
Her eyes are now on me. Looks that I can't tell if she's mad or just really surprised. 
 
Now would be a perfect time to be invisible. 
 
"Okay then," Joonmyeon says. 
 
The girl smiles and bows at me, "Thank you very much."
 
She takes out her phone and I volunteer to take the picture.
Joonmyeon position himself standing next to the fan. They both smile but I can see that the girl is so happy about this. 
 
"One, two, three." 
 
Click.
Click.
 
Two shots. I give the phone back to her and she thanks me once again.
She runs to her group of friends on the other table. 
 
"That's the reason why I didn't tell the girl at the cashier I was your girlfriend," I look at Joonmyeon, "It's because I'll crush her heart."
 
Joonmyeon nods. "But we didn't get to hang out on our date today alone." 
 
I look at him and see his disappointed look. 
 
That gives me an idea. 
 
I hold his hand and I lead him out of the cafe.
 
Joonmyeon walks next to me and asks, "Where are we going?"
 
"To your dorm." I smile, "I'll teach you how to cook. The last time I heard, you don't know how to cook."
 
"Can't you just cook for me?" 
 
I grin, "Of course, I'll just teach you the basics and then I'll cook for you. A date."
 
Joonmyeon stops which makes me stop as well, "If that's what we're going to do then let's go to my house."
 
"Why? Aren't the boys out?"
 
He shrugs, "Yeah but Kyungsoo and Chanyeol are still there and I don't want any company when you teach me how to cook."
 
I roll my eyes at him. He doesn't want to get humiliated in front of his dongsaengs. 
 
"Then where?"
 
Joonmyeon points at the other way of the street, "My house. I just told you."
We laugh at my ignorance.
 
"My parents are out for the day and Hyung is on a vacation with his friends..."
 
I smile, "Let's go then."
 
Joonmyeon smiles back, "Come on, I want you to meet someone too."
 
We walk back and pass the cafe, "Who?"
 
"A puppy."
 
I take a look at him closely.
 
I may be doing a favor to those girls but I'll definitely not give him away that easily.
 
"Why are you smiling like that?" Joonmyeon asks. 
 
"I'm just happy about us."
 
even if we didn't get to have that great date I'm happy to spend the day with him.