LAY

A Date With Him

I knock on the door twice, waiting outside is making me feel nervous. I look at my reflection on my phone's screen. 

I look presentable, enough. The door knob twists and opens swiftly, inside is where my boyfriend stands. He smiles at me cheerfully and moves aside for me to enter.

"Well you're early," Yixing says, closing the door after I step in. 

 

I tilt my head to one side and smile back, "Well...I can't help it. I'm excited for our tutorial." 

He looks at the guitar case I'm carrying and grin, completely showing off his dimples that I have loved ever since I met him. His droopy eyes turn to me and chuckles, "Okay. Let's get started then,"

 

"Where do you want to do it?" He asks, politely. Yixing seriously needs to learn Korean fast. He always uses formal words at me.

 

"Somewhere comfortable,"

 

Lay points at the door behind him. "The bathroom?" I laugh and punch his arm playfully. He shrugs and acts innocently.

 

"You said somewhere comfortable," Yixing explains, "The first thing that comes to my mind is that place,"

 

I roll my eyes at him and move to the living room. In there are the usual furnitures you see in a living room but what catch my eyes are his guitar and piano by the corner of the room.

 

"How about here?" I ask, gesturing at the living room. He takes a closer look and grins, "Sure."

 

Yixing sits on one of the couches, so did I. He picks up his guitar and checks it's tune. He closes his eyes and plucks each of the strings. I listen closely, hoping to hear what Yixing hears as well, but there seems to be no problem with it. Yixing, on the other hand, adjusts the strings. I guess I need really good pair of ears.

I don't want to disturb him when he's in the middle of whatever he's doing. Yixing stops and finally opens his eyes, staring straight back at me.

 

"What is it?" Yixing asks, resting his cheek on the guitar's side.

 

I shake my head, "Nothing,,,it's just you look like you were in a different place,"

 

"Jinja?" He raises his head and I nod. "I maybe losing my mind.

 

I laugh. He always say the weirdest things ever. Yixing moves a bit closer, careful in not hitting his guitar on mine. 

 

"First," Yixing says, "Why do you want to learn on how to play the guitar?" 

 

I shrug, "I guess I just want to. I wanted to learn the guitar ever since I have seen my dad played one." I look up and see him smiling at me. As if I'm someone who he has seen for the first time. I can feel the heat rushing to my cheeks.

 

"Okay," he says, "We'll start with the basic chords then."

 

Yixing  first teaches me the guitar. Literally the guitar. This part is easy, my brain can still process things like this. Then we start with the chords. The C, G, and D chords were easy as pie but the rest of the chords are beginning to jumble all in my head. My fingers tangle as I try to make the chords and they're hurting bad already.

I didn't know learning how to play a guitar is hardwork. I used to think it was just strumming and that's it!

 

"Let me see," Yixing takes a good look at my reddened fingers. He rubs it gently and kisses it. "It's nothing, you'll get used to it. Don't worry,"

 

"Thanks," I say. I can feel my cheeks burning red. Yixing lets go of my hand and I'm already missing his touch. 

 

"How about we stop?" Yixing suggests, "You're already tired."

 

I shake my head and hold the guitar firmly. I place my fingers into one of the chords that I've just learned, F. "Yixing, I can do this."

 

He glances at my fingers again and sigh. He has given up, Yixing copies the chord I'm using and we continue with our lesson. It took us four complete hours before I could actually learn how to strum the guitar. I didn't know that there are different ways on how to do it. I thought that this was easy, it isn't. After another hour, Yixing decided that we should take a break. 

 

"All that strumming made me tired, " I frown, resting my guitar on the couch. Yixing laughs and walks to the kitchen. He takes out two softdrinks cans and sandwiches. 

He comes back and place the food on the coffe table in front of us. "Do you want anything else?" 

 

I shake my head and sit on the floor so I am in level with the table. I pat on the space next to me and Yixing occupies it. I reach for the sandwich and offer it to him which he gladly take it from me. I take the the last one and bite into it. 

 

"Today was great," Yixing munches the sandwich. 

 

I nod and wink, "You were great, seon-saeng nim"

 

Yixing tousles my hair like a kid. I laugh as I try to push his hand away from me. I'm glad he complimented me. It's really a great thing for me to hear it from him. 

"Yixing," I call his attention. "Gomawo,"

He smiles and plants a soft kiss on my forehead. Yixing smirks and runs his hand through my hair, "Of course, Anything for you." 

 

I smile and lean on his shoulder. I can never get enough of him. Even though we sometimes fight, at the end of the day we would still love each other. 


"I want to show you something," Yixing gets up from the floor and walks to his bedroom. He comes back out a minute later with a notebook on his hand. I tilt my head sideway and point at the mystery notebook he's holding. 

 

"What's that?" 

 

"A notebook," 

 

I roll my eyes at him, "Duh, I know what it is,"

 

He laughs and return back to his place. Next to me. YIxing grabs my guitar and place it on his lap. He flips the notebook open and stops at one of the pages. He clears his throat and starts to play the guitar. 


"Yixing," 

 

He glances and smirks, "I wrote this song about you," 

 

The song starts slow and picks up his pace.Yixing begins to sing, Somehow, he reminded me of something. Of how short our time is.How we only have this few moments to ourselves and we would be rarely seeing each other now. He doesn't look close his eyes like before, he just keep his stare at mine. 

I can feel every single word of the song. 

Yixing strums slowly to end the song. He blinks once and frowns with concern. "Why are you crying?" He reaches for my cheek and rubs the tears I didn't notice until now. I laugh embarrassingly, I could never be so embarrassed by this.

 

"Sorry," I mutter. "It's just...I felt it." 

 

Yixing smiles comfortingly. He takes my hand and place it on his chest. I can feel his breathing and heart beating steadily. I look up at him and see his angelic face. "It's because you know what I feel right here."

 

"I do," I smile and let the music in our souls sink us deeper to our blissful bubble. 

 

 

A/N: Mianhe, it took me forever to update this. I am currently fixing my college applications and it's really making me hectic. So about the story, I'll try my best to update as quickly as I can. Oh, and please comment if you want! :)