Visiting Grave

Living Together with Baekhyun?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Baekhyun's pov:



 

"Is that true, dear?" I heard mom's voice ask as I walked downstairs to eat breakfast.

I ignored everything around me as I sat down and grabbed my chopsticks and my spoon, ready to fill my stomach with warm food.

"Yes... If you want to go to..." I recognized Chanmi's voice say, her voice sounding kinda off.

Still, I ignored the talk mom and Chanmi were having, drinking from the soup mom made with some rice.

"Is it okay, dear? If you want to go alone, I understand. I can go later." mom said, her voice filled with worry.

What are these two talking about anyways?

I sighed softly as my tea was already a bit cold. Even then, I still sipped from it and continued eating.

"It's alright. I bet they would be happy if you would visit." 

Mom cleared and from the corner of my eyes I noticed that both were looking extremely gloomy and fitless.

"If you wouldn't mind, it would be nice to visit your parents."

I stopped moving, the food stilling in my mouth before I swallowed it all down in one go, ignoring the slight pain as I didn't chew it all completely.

My eyes searched for the ones sitting across and I looked at mom with a slight shocked expression.

Visit her parents...?

Didn't they pass away?

"I'll buy some flowers. Roses... White roses ere your mom's favorite." mom said with a sad smile as reality hit me and I caught up.

They're visiting Chanimi's parents their graves.

Chanmi gave mom a surprised look before she nodded and smiled sadly, looking at her bowl of half eaten rice, a piece of sweet omelet decorating the white mass of cooked sticky rice.

"What about school?" I asked, not intending to disrupt their conversation, but it suddenly slipped out of me, without me even realizing.

Chanmi lifted her eyes and looked at me, giving me a look I couldn't read.

"It's alright... I'll get a doctor's note." 

"Are you sure you can skip school with your grades?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Mom gave me a stern glare while Chanmi tried to say something, her words stuck in hter throat.

Her eyebrows knitted together in a frown before she cleared and looked at me directly again, her eyes shining a bit because of the tears she had when she talked with mom.

"Why? I can't?" she asked.

I didn't expect that answer.

I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.

"If you're not afraid of doubling a year and getting low scores, I don't see why you can't skip school." I said nochalantly.

Mom glared at me even harder, but I was ued to her glares.

"Byun baekhyun." she scolded my quietly, but I looked at her like I did nothing wrong.

I did nothing wrong, isn't it?

I just said the truth and if they don't accept that reality, then it's up to them.

"I'll manage." Chanmi said through clenched teeth and ignored me completely for the rest of breakfast time.


 

My ears hurt when I walked inside the school's building. The loud noise was ringing and gave me a headache.

Girls were doubling by the minute near me and I felt suffocated.

So annoying.

"Good morning Baekhyun."

The deep and calm yet cheerful voice calmed my headache down and I turned to my left, seeing Chanyeol walking to me with his typical grin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter