Old Friends

Once More

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
Michel de Montaigne 

 


 

I can't remember the last time our relationship was normal.

It was normal for Jongdae but for me..... he was conflicting my mind ever since.

Jongdae was my best friend ever since 5th grade and has always sticked up to me. He'll beat off all the guys that teased me which gets him in trouble. It has worried me every time but he smiles and says 'Its okay' to reassure me that he's fine. He would hold my frail hand to show me he'll protect me and stay by me. We were like peanut butter and jelly. We promised that we'll never leave each other. But I broke that promise. I remember that day he went out to look for me.

"Yuri!!!"

The young boy ran in the rain looking for the girl. He couldn't care less that the rain soaked up his clothes and left him cold. He needs to find Yuri.

Jongdae heard the news that Yuri was leaving. Her family was moving to a different country and will be staying there. She was leaving him. Horrified by the thought, Jongdae searched his small school hoping to see her there. He searched the tiny library filled with books stuffed everywhere. He searched the playground hoping that she'll be on the swings but wasn't anywhere in sight. Jongdae ran back to the classroom wishing that the news wasn't true.

" Jongdae. You're all soggy. What happened?"

A cute looking boy asked. His name was Luhan and was one of Yuri's close friends.

" Where.Is.Yuri."

Jongdae asked taking short pauses between each word since he was out of breath running around.

Luhan suddenly frowned. He was about to break into tears after hearing her name. A boy named Sehun calmed his hyung and answered Jongdae's question for he knew what happened since he was also Yuri's close friend.

" She's gone."

Sehun said with a gloom face. He too was devasted by Yuri's sudden dissappearence.

" What do you mean she's gone?"

" She moved. She went to America."

Jongdae was extremely furious that she didn't tell them that you were leaving without a day notice. Yuri was here with them one day and gone the next. 

He wasn't furious anymore since he was a kind and understanding guy and will understand her reasons even he knows Yuri didn't want to leave in the first place. Although he was a bit angry that she didn't tell him that she was leaving.

Years past. Yuri was getting along fine in America. Gaining alot of friends along the way. Yuri had too much friends that she eventually forgot hilarious Jongdae.

Yuri's parents decided one day that they'll be moving back to South Korea. Back to where Jongdae was. Yuri was happy about the idea of seeing all of her old friends. Cute Luhan and nonchalant Sehun. Oh! How excited she was. But she didn't realize she forgot Jongdae.

Yuri's first day at school was kind of scary for her. 'Will she see her old friends?' or 'Did they moved also?'. These thoughts filled her mind. The day went by fine but lonely. Yuri felt lonely until she got to her 5th period. She was nervous with all the unfamiliar faces surrounding her. The teacher seated her next to a boy that she didn't remember.

Yuri walked to her seat and sat down nervously. The boy next to her stared her with shocked eyes.

" A-Are you..Yuri?!?!"

The boy yelled but not loud enough for the teacher to hear. Yuri looked at the boy and scanned his face. She didn't recognize his face nor did she know his name. Yuri was confused on how did he know her name.

She tilted her head making her long hair fall to the side and kindly asked the boy a question. Not knowing that the question will hurt him.

" Do I know you? "

 

 


 

Well I'm sorry for the grammar mistakes and for being rushed because I'm typing this quickly during midnight trying not to get caught. I'll continue tomorrow. I hope this background history wasn't boring or anything 030