Just Friends

Once More

People do incredible things for love, particularly for unrequited love.
Daniel Radcliffe 

 


 

I love his smile. I love the way the corners of his lips turn upwards with his beautiful eyes scrunched up. I love his laugh. The way he giggles and rolls on the floor holding his stomach from laughing too much. I love his awkwardness. I love his humor. I love his personality. I love everything about him.

I love him.

The only problem is that he didn't love me back.

" Jongdae-oppa!!! "

A deafening shriek filled the vast hall of the high school. A certain brown-headed girl ran as fast as her legs can take her and headed straight to the boy named Jongdae.

" Oppa! Make him stop! "

The girl wailed for help. She hid behind Jongdae and grasped his shirt for safety. Following behind her was a tall young man with a bright white smile. He tried to catch her but she used Jongdae as a shield.

" Chanyeol! You know Yuri doesn't like it when you hug her. "

Jongdae said, understanding what was happening between the two. Chanyeol always gives tight hugs that you'll regret getting.

" But Jongdae sh-"

Chanyeol tried to argue but was cut off by Jongdae.

" Just ssshhhh."

Jongdae hushed him while putting his finger on his mouth indicating to be quiet.

" Aishh!!~ Fine. Why do you always protect her?"

Chanyeol asked while he swatted away Jongdae's finger and pouted. Jongdae stayed silent for a few seconds before answering.

" Because I like her."

There was a few seconds of awkward silence before Jongdae broke it.

" I like her because she's my best friend of course. You're my best friend too, Chanyeol. So I like you too."

He laughed and tried to place his arm over his shoulder (tried because Chanyeol was too tall). Chanyeol disgusted by his reply tried to detach Jongdae's arm and simply said 'Gross dude'. Jongdae chuckled at Chanyeol's reaction and they both headed to their classroom unknowingly leaving the frozen girl behind.

Yuri was glued to her spot and thought of what Jongdae said.

I like her because she's my best friend of course.

Is that all he thinks of me? Just his best friend?

Something inside her couldn't accept that because deep inside her heart she knows that she loves him too much to let their relationship to be 'Just best friends'.

How wrong she was.