I Love You

Once More

I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
Mother Teresa 

 


" I love you too, Kang Yuri. "

 

Wait............what? Is he joking around with me again? The thing is that he kissed me with passion and told me those words directly in my face. How could I not believe that? I stared at him with disbelief.

" C-chen....you better not joke with me right now. "

I said without looking at his face. I was embarrassed and a bit mad because I believed he was just trolling me. He touched the skin under my chin and lifted it up with his two fingers so my eyes were staring straight at him.

" Do I look like I'm joking right now? "

He asked full of seriousness in his dark black eyes.

Chen did look serious. He could easily fake it but I know when he's not. I know this time he wasn't.

" Then......why did you hurt me? "

I said with tears rolling down my cheeks. I couldn't hold the pain I was feeling inside so I just let it all out. If he really loved me, why did he get a girlfriend, stabbed my heart, and left me all lonely in the inside?

" Because you never told me that you loved me. "

" Eh? "

Well it was true I never told him I loved him because I was too scared. I was scared that he will reject me. Was that really the reason why he hurt me all this time?

" Yuri. For all this time you didn't know so I made up a plan. "

Chen said softly and cupped my tear-stained face into his hands.

" What are you talking about? "

" I have always loved you, Yuri. Ever since we were kids. I thought it was nothing because I was just a kid but my love for you grew. "

I stayed silent and soaked up every word he said in my mind while he went on.

" When you came back, my love for you didn't fade away. It was still there but I didn't know if you liked me too. "

" Then why didn't you tell me? "

" I wasn't sure so I asked my friend to be my girlfriend. I thought you wouldn't get hurt at first but later on I realized that you loved me too. "

" If you knew then why do you keep on going? "

" Well because I've wanted to hear those words directly from you. "

I was touched and guilty by his words. I was happy that Chen actually loves me and this time not as a friend. I was also guilty because I was oblivious of his feelings for me. The way I thought I felt during this whole time.

" So that was like revenge? "

" Haha. You could say it like that. "

" Pabo! "

" You're even a bigger one! "

We bickered like children but after a few seconds we laughed like old friends. This time it wasn't old friends. New lovers.

Chen leaned his forehead to touch mine and closed his eyes with a happy smile.

" What are you doing? "

" Tell me those words again. "

" What words? "

" You're really forgetful, aren't you? Tell me these words: I love you. "

I smiled at his request and this time I cupped my hands to his face with our heads still touching.

 

" I love you, you troll. "

This is a day I'll never forget.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

If you love someone tell them. Forget about the fear of denial or looking ridiculous. Don't pass up the opportunity to tell them the feelings your heart received from them. If not, that opportunity was a waste and so was your feelings.

Avalon