~Christmas Eve Special: One Wish~

Parent's Intuition

okay just deal with this weird christmas eve (here in america) special

just

just wait until christmas day (for us americans lmao) and then the madness will ensue


 

Suho tucked in Kyungsoo and Lay into bed, right after they had their bath. The two were the last ones to get ready for bed, and Suho was relieved to have finally cleaned up all of the children with ease — well, sort of. Chen was being an absolute when he splashed water everywhere — floors, walls, even ceiling, and Suho! — and both Chanyeol and Baekhyun were doing the same when it was their turn. Kris was the only one responsible for Tao’s bath since the little boy refused to bathe without him. It was silly, but cute in a way. Despite him being a stubborn little brat — that was usually Sehun or Kai’s job.

 

With it being winter, the dorm was freezing cold, even with the heater . Suho was freezing each time he had to walk out of the warmth of the bathroom and call the next pair of children for their bath. Unfortunately, by the time Suho was getting ready to relax on the couch near the fireplace, he started to cough up a storm and was sniffling nonstop.

 

“Hey,” Kris said, placing a cup of hot chocolate — for him — and a cup of tea — for Suho — on the coffee table. “You feeling okay?” The couch shifted as sat besides his sick friend.

 

Suho sniffled, blowing his nose, “I don’t know.” He leaned over and grabbed the hot chocolate, “Yes, I did just take your drink.” He blew on the hot liquid before taking a sip, sighing in satisfaction once he tasted the sweet, creamy chocolate drink.

 

Kris pouted as he grabbed his-actually-for-Suho-but-he-took-it drink and looked at Suho, “But I don’t like this kind of tea…” Suho chuckled, which soon turned into a cough. Kris was the one laughing now.

 

“Can you believe its Christmas Eve?” Suho asked out of the blue, staring at the fireplace with mug in hand. Kris didn’t even know what season it was since he was busy doing other ‘things’.

 

“Not really,” He sighed, extending his arm out, resting behind Suho on the frame of the couch, “But there is another thing I can’t believe.”

 

Suho turned around, looking at Kris, “What is it?” He asked, fixing the blanket wrapped around him.

 

“We never found a way to get back to our friends. Think they’re dealing well without us and with our child counterparts?”

 

Suho shrugged, turning back to face the fireplace once again. “I’m sure they are fine. Worried, but fine. They’re not the children we’re dealing with here, Kris.”

 

“I guess you’re right.” He laughed, now wrapping his arms around Suho and bringing him in closer. Suho whined in protest, but did not move away when now leans on Kris’ shoulder.

 

“I might get you sick, you know.” He half-coughed and half-faked it to make his point clear. Kris simply shrugged in response. “But I am worried about how Christmas will be for them…” Suho started, voice full of worry, “It’s going to be the first Christmas without them all. I mean, we didn’t have Christmas with M last year, and we were supposed to have it as all twelve members. And my parents too — I was supposed to visit them. I really haven’t visited them a lot since we started to get busier.” Suho’s voice was slightly shaky, and Kris tightened his hold around the younger.

 

“Weird, it feels like I’m gonna cry.” He chuckled to himself, but it has a hint of sadness. Suho was totally shaking now, as if trying to hold his tears back. Well, thats what others would think, as he’s silently crying now, using the blanket to wipe his tears. Kris, being the ‘father’ of the relationship, did his best to comfort the other by hugging him close, hoping to soothe the younger.

 

“Hey now, no need to cry.” Kris whispered softly to the now whimpering Suho. He nodded into the older’s arms, taking a sip of his hot chocolate once he sniffles were reduced to little whimpers. Aish, still drinking my hot chocolate… Kris thought.

 

“I’m just really sad that we can’t see our friends and it just feels really lonely without them.” He sighed, burying his face into Kris’ chest. There was a comforting and reassuring feeling as Suho rested on the older’s chest. Kris’ arm was wrapped around Suho, hugging him close to his chest as the two watched the embers and the bright, warm flame illuminate the dark living room.

 

The two leaders often shared moments such as this, with them being the only adults to take care of the hyperactive children. The two are like brothers; brothers who share something bit more in between. Of course the children must think they are in a relationship, but its simply the two sharing friendly kisses and being mistaken for other… actions at times. The two obviously missed their special friends — Suho misses his sly Chen, who would always rile things up in bed and cause a commotion attracting unwanted attention; Kris missed his soft panda Tao, who would whine whenever Kris wasn’t by his side — but they were the best they got: each other.

 

Suddenly, the two heard a door being opened somewhere in the dorm. The sound came from behind them, so Kris turned around to see who it was. One of the children must have heard either of them talking and may have come out to tell them to be quiet or something. That’s something that either Xiumin or Luhan would do. To their surprise, it was Yixing who came out of his room, rubbing the sleepiness in his eyes with one clenched fist while the other arm was holding a unicorn plushie close to his chest.

 

“Suho umma… Kris appa…” He said quietly, walking towards the two, “Are you okay? I heard Suho umma crying…” He walked around the couch and sat between Kris and Suho, who was now sitting up and wrapping the blanket around the little boy.

 

“Ah, I’m fine, Yixing-ah.” Suho forced a smile. Obviously he wasn’t, but he didn’t want the little boy to worry for him. Yixing looked at him and pouted, seeing through the fake smile. He hit Suho on his chest lightly.

 

“No you’re not!” He kicked his legs on the couch,  “What can XingXing do to make you better?” He looked up at Suho with worried and genuine eyes. Suho hugged the boy, muffled noises coming from the child.

 

“There’s nothing really, but I’m glad you’re looking out for me Yixing-ah.” It pains Suho’s heart, really. This is exactly what Yixing — his Yixing — would do whenever Suho was down, and seeing the alternate-universe-probably-my-friend-or-something Yixing do the same reminds him of home. Kris was silently watching Suho and Yixing stare at each other until the older broke his gaze. He could tell that he was on the verge of tears again.

 

Kris tapped Yixing on his shoulder. The boy turned around and faced him, “Yixing, I think Suho needs a little space. He’s sick right now.” Yixing silently made a soft “Oooh” sound and scooted near Kris, offering him some of the blanket Suho shared. Kris gladly accepted and offered him some tea (he still doesn’t like it), which the younger boy quietly thanked him and held the big mug in his small hands, taking small sips of the warm drink. Suho continued to wipe his tears with the blanket, silently cursing at himself for thinking of his old friends.

 

The three heard footsteps approaching them and they all turned around in curiosity to find Kyungsoo walking, holding his teddy bear which was dragging itself along the floor. He too looked sleepy but also worried as he looked at Suho, who currently has red puffy eyes. The young boy walked around the couch and sat in between Lay and Suho, enjoying the slight heat radiating from the fireplace. He placed his teddy bear onto Suho’s lap and looked up at him.

 

“Suho umma, don’t cry please.” Kyungsoo said in his quiet, soft voice. He grabbed Suho’s left hand and looked down at his own lap. “It makes me sad. I hear you crying. Please don’t cry.” He rested on Suho’s arm. Kyungsoo brought his hand up to his eyes and rubbed the tears before the fell. “I don’t want Suho to cry anymore.”

 

Yixing gasped, tugging at Kris’s shirt sleeve and pointing towards Kyungsoo, “Kyunggie! You’re crying!” He pointed out, turning around to look up at Kris, “Kris appa! What do we do?” Yixing asked, hands curled up into little balls as he held them in front of him, determined to help.


Kris shrugged, unable to think of something to help the two. “Hope for a miracle, I guess.” Yixing pouted, crossing his arms over his chest as he leaned on Kris’ arm. Suho was petting Kyungsoo’s head as the boy fell asleep already, still sniffling. Kris looked down at the small boy leaning on his arm and sighed. Kris missed their old friends (literally, they act like 60 year olds sometimes) as much as Suho, but there is literally no way of getting back there. Kris silently wished for a miracle this december so that they could go back to their friends, but bringing along the children because… honestly, it would be too sad to just leave them all alone. Kris silently fell asleep, along with the other three beside him.

 


 

ok ok short i know but wiat until tomorrow its long

[edit: i really need to remember to link to my other links on the internet]

Twitter | Tumblr | Livejournal