Luhan is a big boy: Part 1

Parent's Intuition

Dawn of a New Day

 

...As they would say in a certain video game that Lay could not stop playing.1 It certainly is a Dawn of a New Day! It is the morning of Luhan’s birthday, but the child has not woken up from his slumber and both Kris and Suho were currently trying to plan his birthday party at the ‘super cool water resort,’ as Suho calls it, with the others. The other children knew about the plans which leaves only Luhan to wonder about. So far, the children that are currently awake are Xiumin (He is still a morning person after all), Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Tao.




 

As Suho is the mother in this case, he has the responsibility of waking up all of the little boys. Kris is trying to make pancakes and waffles, so Tao has been assigned to watch over the tall and clumsy idiot. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were already awake when Suho awoke. The two hyperactive puppies boys were trying to rap and sing to EXO’s Two Moons and Baby Don’t Cry that Suho has saved on his phone and onto the ‘family’ computer. Poor Chanyeol can’t even sing his part anymore because he cannot pronounce it well or is too slow at keeping up with the pace. On the other hand, Baekhyun does an excellent job at singing despite his annoyingly high voice. Suho swore he heard a girl singing it instead.



 

Xiumin is still a morning person, even if he is technically a different person or not, the boy was presumably the first person awake. He’s a strange boy, however… Kris found him staring at him from the corner of his and Suho’s room. Just there. Standing. Watching them like a possessed demon child. Kris blames himself because he’s been watching too many horror movies with Suho (More like forcing Suho to watch it since he’s a cry baby).



 

Suho walked upstairs once again after checking Kris to see if he burned himself or Tao or if he created a concoction of death. So far, he’s doing well. The main problem though will be the dishes since the man continued to mess up with the simplest of batters… Anyways, Suho was going back to his room that he also shared with Kyunggie-soo and Yixingy.  Those two children are absolute sweethearts and innocent pure angels but they were afraid of sleeping without their ‘parents’. Suho could not just leave them to sleep all alone in a room or with the other rowdy members.



 

He opened the door slowly to find both Kyungsoo and Yixing sleeping peacefully. The two had to share a bed because Kyungsoo had an… accident the previous night before. That poor mattress. Slowly walking over to the sleeping boys, Suho lightly poked the boys on their cheeks, unable to resist the adorableness of their chubby little cheeks.


 

“Wakey wakey, Kyunggie and Yixingy~” Suho cooed. The two boys groaned (Cutely, if I may add), and turned to their sides, ignoring the older. Suho silently awed at the two boys and poked them again on their cheeks. “Come on you two~ Today is your hyung’s birthday!” Both of the boys shot up from bed, their eyes full of excitement and wonder.

 

“Really?” Kyungsoo asked curiously, wonder in his voice as well. Suho nodded. “Can Kyunggie-soo help Suho umma make hyung his cake?” Suho smiled and ruffled the small boy’s hair.



 

“Of course. What about you, Yixing?” Yixing reached for Suho’s hand and wouldn’t release, “I want to be with Suho umma.” Suho chuckled to himself. Lay — or Yixing, either way he’s still technically the same person — has always been on the clingy side at times. “Alright you two, why don’t you head downstairs while I wake up the others? But of course brush your teeth first! Hygiene is important!” The two boys nodded and ran to the bathroom, fiddling with their brushes and trying their best to squeeze the paste from its tube without getting it everywhere. In the end, Yixing had to do it for Kyungsoo since the boy was too weak.

 

 


 

 

“Tao, Chanyeol, Baekhyun,” Kris called for the boys as he was staring at the waffle and pancake mix box, “How about you guys try fixing this up while I wake up Sehun and Kai?” Tao only stared at him in response, but the boy smiled soon after. However, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were currently climbing the kitchen chairs to reach the top of the counter. Chanyeol saluted to Kris, “We’ll do good, Kris hyung!” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “I’ll make sure he doesn’t burn the house like you, Kris hyung.” Kris was about to say something, but realized that he shouldn’t swear around children.



 

Kris made his way over to the youngest room of the entire house — Tao, Sehun, and Kai’s room. Only god knows that Kris is going to have to deal with little pieces of and the insistent crying brat stubborn boys that may end up with Kris either knocking one of them out or knocking himself out unconscious. He opened the door quietly to find Sehun and Kai quietly curled up into their own blankets. Kris would be lying if he said they didn’t look adorable this way. He moved over to Kai’s bedside and poked the boy on his cheek.



 

“Hey, you. Jongin ah, wake up—” The boy slapped him on the face and to his other side. EXCUSE YOU, Kris thought to himself rather angrily. It took all of his willpower to not throw this boy on the other side of the room. He wrapped his arms around the boy and picked him up, shaking him awake.


 

“Wake up you little s—” Self control, Kris. Self control.

 

“I don’t like you.” Kai said as he rubbed the sleepiness from his eyes. Kris rolled his in response.

 

“This world isn’t all gumdrops and cra—” Self control, Kris. No swearing. Goddammit.

 

“Whatever.” Kai waved him off and walked out of the room. Geez, for a three year old, that boy has an attitude. Hell, he doesn’t even act like a three year old. Kai is more of a bratty teenager in a small boy’s body. He does not remember ever signing up for this. I do not get paid at all for this job. So not worth it, he thought. But hey, a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do. In this case, taking care of 10 children who are your bandmates but you somehow ended up in a different dimension so your adult bandmates are dealing with two children. They got the lucky side of the deal.

 

“Sehunnie,” Kris said, poking the small boy’s cheeks, “Wake up.” He said monotone, not trying to be cute and soft that Suho is. He spoils them too much. Sehun opened his eyes and looked up at Kris. “You won’t hit me, right?” Sehun laughed and smiled like the idiot he is. Kris really can’t tell if he’s stupid or just really, really dumb. He picked Sehun up and held his hand as they walked over to the living room. Xiumin was settled on the couch, watching the morning cartoons.

 

“Hey, Xiumin,” The boy called from the couch, “Watch over Sehun. I need to make sure Baekhyun and Chanyeol didn’t burn everyone’s breakfast. Make sure that you guys all brushed your nasty teeth too.” Okay, that sounded meaner than Kris intended for it to.

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Xiumin looked over to Kris behind the couch, “Wait, what are we having for breakfast?” Kris smiled and fixed his shirt, “Waffles and pancakes made by the best chef in the world.”

 

“Kris hyung, you should stop lying to yourself.”

 

“Listen here you little shi—” SELF CONTROL, KRIS. SELF. CONTROL. “I really need to control my speech better…” He sighed to himself.

 

“Chanyeol, you’re not supposed to put that green stuff in it!” Kris heard Baekhyun yell from the kitchen.

Oh .

 

 


 

 

Suho moved over to the next room — Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Luhan, and Chen’s shared room. The two hyperactive children were currently in the kitchen helping Kris, so it was only Chen and the birthday boy left. Since it is Luhan’s birthday and all, Suho decided to wake Chen up first. He was currently curled up into a ball like a cat would be. Imagining Chen with cat ears and a tail…2 Suho needed to stop before he dies of cute. He nudges the boy on his side, trying to stir him awake.

 

“Hey, Chen Chen~ Wakey wakey~” Chen groaned and opened his eyes, “It’s Luhan hyung’s birthday, so I need you to get up right now~” Chen’s eyes lit up brightly. Maybe Suho should stop telling the plans for everyone’s birthday because sometimes someone will get a bit excited. “Brush your teeth first, Chen! Jesus christ… The boy acts like a cat too.” Yes, Suho is currently acting as a grandfather as well despite being the mother of this relationship.

 

Suho made his way across the room to Luhan’s bed, wanting to surprise the birthday boy. As he was about to wake him up, Luhan jumped out of bed, “Happy birthday to me!” Suho, who was frightened out of his wits, stumbled back and fell on his .

 

“Yes, yes, happy birthday to you— Don’t just leave without brushing your teeth!” Suho yelled at the boy who ignored him by going down the stairs and screaming in joy. Suho doesn’t want the boys to have stinky smelly breath! That’s never a good thing. He would know. He has to deal with Kris and his obnoxious snores and the scent from hell in the morning ever since January — the month in which all of this commotion started.

 

Suho can’t help but wonder what the others will be doing for Luhan’s birthday in that other dimension. Sure, Suho doesn’t mind as much babysitting the little bandmates, but he kind of does want to continue living in his own dimension with his already childish enough adult bandmates. Suho sighed and dusted himself off as he stood up from the floor. He wondered if his is slightly bruised because that was a hard fall. He made his way to the stairs and saw Kris fighting with Chanyeol and Baekhyun, a small little Tao and his panda at the corner of the kitchen, observing. Watching. Like a little demon child.

 

“KRIS,” Suho shouted from the stairs, “What the hell is going on!?” Chen made an exaggerated gasp and pointed accusingly towards Suho, “Suho hyung said a bad word!” The older rolled his eyes and stomped his way towards the kitchen.

 

“Suho umma, calm down!” Lay grabbed a hold of Suho’s shirt along with Kyungsoo and the two started to pull back. He sighed. Gosh these boys are so innocent and cute. “Kyunggie soo doesn’t want Suho umma to be angry!”

 

“I’m sorry you two. It’s just that your idiot of a father— I mean hyung — was fighting with the others and from what I’ve seen, he almost threw Chanyeol into the oven.” Lay looked up at Suho and then walked to the kitchen, where Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Kris were currently destroying the place.

 

“Guys!” Lay screamed at them, grabbing their attention, “It’s Luhan hyung’s birthday and you are all fighting? We’re supposed to be one! One big happy family!”

 

The three looked at each other with guilt written all over their faces. Baekhyun climbed down Kris’s back, Chanyeol dropped the spatula, and Kris put back the knives in the cabinet. Suho was amazed at Lay. Doing this for Luhan and Suho.  It made Suho’s heart feel all warm and fluffy inside that Lay — even from a different dimension — cares for him.

 

“We’re sorry, Lay — Wait, is Suho crying?” Kris pointed towards him, who turned his head to the side and waved his hand, “No, I’m not crying! I just got water in my eyes!” He sniffled.

 

“Suho hyung, please.” Kai commented, rolling his eyes. Kyungsoo held onto Suho’s hand and started to cry as well, “Suho umma, don’t cry!! Kyunggie soo will cry too!” Soon enough, Kyungsoo and Suho were crying in each others arms. You can just feel the jealousy radiate off of Kai.

 

“Kris ge,” Tao hit the taller man on his leg, “You caused this.” He said flatly, staring up at the taller man with intense eyes that pierced right through his soul. Kris patted the boy on his head and gave a thumbs up to him. Apparently he was proud.

 

“GUUUYS,” Luhan was heard screaming as he made his ways downstairs, all dressed up for the new day of which is his birthday, “I’m finally 7 years old! I’m a big—” He stopped and looked around the scene. Suho and Kyungsoo were crying, Sehun was currently engrossed in a kids show along with Xiumin, Kai was staring intensely at Kyungsoo and Suho, Lay was in the kitchen talking to Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were currently covered with batter, and Kris was disregarding the comments Tao made about him starting this.

 

“Oh. We’re still going to celebrate my birthday, right?” Luhan asked Suho, not caring that he was crying at all. Suho sniffled and nodded.

 

“Yeah,” Sniffle, “Of course,” Wait for it… ”L-Luhaaaan!” He sobbed harder into Kyungsoo’s small body. Luhan was definitely confused. Where’s his cake? The party? The awesome cheers of the neighborhood when he’s riding in his new car?

 

“I bet Suho hyung is thinking of the other Luhan.” Xiumin said from the couch, not bothering to look back. Luhan tilted his head in curiousity.

 

“Other Luhan?”

 

“Yeah. I heard Suho and Kris hyung talking about us but they said we’re adults but we’re not them. I don’t get it so yeah— OH MY GOD DORA BIG BIRD IS RIGHT BEHIND YOU.” He yelled. Why is Xiumin and Sehun learning Spanish when they should be watching Korean shows is beyond everyone.

 

I wonder what older me is doing right now… It’s got to be his birthday today too, right?

 

 



A/N:

1 — Reference to Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask! good stuff good stuff. great for scaring a young child at that age lmao.

2 — I totally love Suchen just as much as I love Sulay. But there’s this blog called asksuchen and it is the CUTEST THING EVER… With occasional nc-17 drawings. it’s really adorable and funky funky chen hyung has cat tails and ears. he’s an adorable feline aw. i really love her art ;;

 

two parts for this! but i think you can guess the next one will be about now. haha.

//i never proofread these and i have no friends so no one can do it for me so i apologize for mistakes

Twitter | Tumblr