CHAPTER 8 THE REVELATION

I'm In Love by Narsha

Music class is scheduled daily. The intramurals is coming. They have to practice hard because the class is expecting too much from their group.

 

Chanyeol is on his way to the practice room holding his phone. It was baekhyun's contact display on it. Hesitating whether to call him or not. Calling him will lead to confrontation. He landed it front of the practice room door when accidentally or intentionally called  Baekhyun. He was cursing inside of his head, closing his eyes talking to the phone telling to please do not answer. Luckily the prayer has been answered. Their were no answer.

 

Chanyeol opened the door. Then he saw teo seated in front of the drums. Adjacent to the drum set their was a person he didn't expect to see. It was baekhyun. He was fixing the mic stand.

 

Chanyeol's p.o.v

 

I immediately sit on the chair beside him since it was vacant. He wasn't even looking at me when i came in which made me a little bit mad.

Wait what did i just said? But its the reality. i am mad because he wasn't looking or take a glance. My brows started to frown as i sit beside him.

 

He was still busy wiping the mic stand. It was teo who break the silence.

 

"Baekhyun-ssi. What song are we gonna perform?" Teo said.

 

"I don't know yet. Let's wait for Chen for song selection". Baekhyun replied

 

Then both of them nod. I was staring at my phone don't know what to do. A ringtone coming from teo hovered. He stand up and went outside to answer it.

 

"You didn't...... ahm... answer my call." I said to baekhyun. Then he slid his left arm to his satchel and take a look at his phone.

 

"I'm sorry. I put on my phone inn silent. Why? do you need anything?" he replied but a little bit cold and dry. 

 

"You were. Absent. Where were you?" I asked.

 

"Start tuning up your guitar" he said giving me a smile. While he keep on doing something on the mic.

 

I forgot. I get the case zipped open and grab the guitar. I started tuning it up from do re mi fa sol la ti do.

 

"I went home" he shared

 

"What were you doing at your apartment for 3 days."

 

"I wasn't at the apartment. I was at the jeju. Meeting up my foster parents. Remember? The one who keep me. Its been a long time since i haven't seen them after i got amnesia. They were the person who adopted me." He said in teary eyes.

 

"I thought you ran away because you were mad at me"

 

"Mad? Why would i get mad?"

 

"Remember the last thing we saw each other we weren't in good terms"

 

"Oh. That. I admit that you were an . But i apologize for that."

 

"So are we now back to become best friends?" I excitedly said. But his face turn down and give me a sad look.

 

"I guess. We shouldn't become best friends nor be friends." He said

 

"Why?" A big question mark was on my face.

 

"Believe me. You don't want to hear the reason why."

 

"Baekhyun why. I don't understand you. I mean you change. Why."

 

"Because chanyeol. I broke the ultimate rule. Chanyeol I like you. I realize it when you ask me to become your best friend"

 

When i heard it i became speechless. I don't know what to say. My treatment towards him changed if truth to be told.

 

"But i have a gi.....!"

 

"Its okay." He interrupt "of course i know that. I wasn't expecting for a reply. But enable to don't mess things up, i planned to avoid you. I'm sure you would cooperate in that"

 

"Baekhyunnah." I called

 

"Its okay chanyeol. Just pray that it will fade away. You can also cooperate by not talking to me. It helps a lot"

 

I should've like to talk more but chen, yixing and teo entered the hall screaming the word 'hello'.

 

Baekhyun run over towards chen and hug him. I'm not sure about what i see but a tear fall from his eyes and he was able to wipe to chen's shirt.

 

"Hey are you okay?" Chen asked

 

"Yeah. I miss you" baekhyun said

 

"Aohhh. That's so sweet. Come here give me a hug." The hug then. It was strange because i found myself staring at him.

 

Yixing tap my shoulders with strength that made me say ouch.

 

"What up?" He said.

 

"Nothing.. what song?" i immediately said to avoid entertaining questions

 

"Lets ask teo our new friend" chen said as they sit with baekhyun.

 

"I'd like to suggest CNblue's intuition. Its great" teo said.

 

"I'm okay with it." I said.

 

"I like ailee's i'll show you" baekhyun suggest "it would be like a band version. I think it'll give us advantage because everybody knows the song"

 

"I like dagawaseo by brown eyed girls. It specialize strong vocals" i suggest

 

"ft island's severly" yixing suggest.

 

They end up practicing all songs that they all suggest. Til the practice is over.

 

"Baekhyunnah" chanyeol called

 

 "wanna go eat ramen?" The tall guy offered but baekhyun hesitates to respond

 

"Baekhyunnah. Let's eat sushi" chen offered on the other hand.,

 

"Sure. Do you know where we can buy that? It doesn't matter. Lets go faster" both run and left chanyeol alone.

 

"I offered first but why did he go to him. I don't understand" chanyeol whispers.

 

Chanyeol's phone receive a text message coming from his girlfriend

 

'Chanyeol. Practice ends. Wanna meet up?'

 

Chanyeol replied the text message saying:  'it extends sorry.'

 

--------

 

"You can still consider this to be our first date" sehun said.

Luhan glared at sehun "no its not. You didn't remember did you?"

 

Sehun fell silent. Luhan remembers that he said the changes that sehun feel but it doesn't mean he forgets everything.

 

They were walking together beside the sea shore. The breeze taking their hair caress their cheeks. 

 

"Yeah. I remember" sehun said glance at luhan and smil

 

"Sehunnah" luhan called without opening his mouth.

 

"Hmm?

 

"You've change. The way you dress, your looks. But i kinda miss the old you."

 

"Really?" Sehun replied with a romantic smile then smirk.

 

"And i realize that i was the reason of the changes. I'm deeply asking for your forgiveness." Luhan said

 

"I'm sorry" this time luhan's voice is breaking and his tears pouring out of his eyes

 

Sehun cupped his cheeks "hey. Hey. Don't cry."

 

"I'm sorry. That because of me you feel uncomfortable living your life. I'm sorry if your mad, frustrated, having hard time getting in to the entertainment. I'm sorry if you didn't finish school. I'm sorry because i didn't love you back, back then. I'm sorry bec....."

 

Luhan didn't finish his sentence because sehun's lips were pressed on the pink lips of luhan.

 

Both them closed their eyes feeling the great sensation of vibration through out their lips. Sehun's hand was still cupped on luhan's cheeks. The kissed lasted for 2 minutes. They opened their eyes and saw each other's love.

 

"Listen. I didn't regret anything about who am i today. Its for my own good though. I'm not even mad at you. Its my decision to be more manly because that's what my love ones(luhan) told me to do. I like it. Don't blame yourself. In fact i would like to thank you because you transform me into something good. Don't you want that?"

 

*sobs* "I'm scared because i thought you forgot everything."

 

"I should be the one who gets scared instead" sehun paused and luhan studied him.

 

"Remember what i said the last time?I said that if i became more mature, i will make you like me. Did i hit the goal? "

 

Luhan burst out crying and hug sehun indicating that he didn't just hit the goal but he also win the price.

 

"Luhan. Don't cry" sehun pulled sehun

 

"Why?" Wiping his eyes

 

"Because you look ugly when you cry"

Luhan give sehun a hit in his right arm

 

 "sehunnah"

 

They continue walking but this time their hands intertwined.

Then luhan remember something

 

"Sehunnah. Your training is starting. Does that mean we will not see each other?" Luhan said

 

Sehun didn't say anything but rather he just hug luhan tight.

 

--------

 

Chanyeol's thought

 

"Musical class meaning we are going to practice. What's this feeling? Why am i so excited? I never get excited this much before Its my first time feeling this"

 

*********

 

Baekhyun entered the room hesitate. He is embarrassed because of what he confess.

The moment he entered the room he look at the floor never looking who was their.

 

"Baekhyun. in here" chanyeol called to sit beside him.

He didn't bother and ignore chanyeol. Instead he went to the other vacant chair.  He open the notes that he had just to change the focus of his attention.

Baekhyun could feel a deadly stares coming the tall guy. Although he couldn't see it really but he has the feels that he really was staring at him. He change his position and face his back towards the tall guy.

Good thing teo was their so that it doesn't feel awkward. Because teo keeps on talking him.

 

5 minutes later teo went outside. I was frantically panicking as soon as teo step outside because that could only mean that their will be chanyeol and baekhyun left in one room and baekhyun hated the idea.

 

Baekhyun immediately stand up and go outside as soon as possible before chanyeol talk to him.

 

The small guy thought that he could successfully go outside but unfortunately chanyeol block the door.

"Baekhyun lets talk" chanyeol said

 

"I don't think so" baekhyun giving a fake chuckle. Turning away from him.

 

"Baek. I know how you feel. I also  understand what you've been through. But baek you don't have to stay away and keep on ignoring me. I cant be at ease when my friends are acting like that" chanyeol said

Baekhyun didn't reply and just shook his head.

 

"Baekhyunnah" chanyeol

 

 "baekhyunnah. Come on. Talk to me"

 

"Chanyeol. I cant. I cant be a best friend. Don't you feel weird? I'm gay, your straight. You have girlfriend and i like boys. It doesn't feel right. So please just help me get rid of this feeling" baekhyun said putting his fist on his chest

 

"Why do you have to get rid of the feeling?"

 

"Because their are people that probably will get hurt. You don't understand it. Your girlfriend, your pride. Most probably it can hurt me. The more i get to be with you, the more that i fall for you. I fall for someone that is impossible to be mine." Baekhyun said almost crying.

 

 "I hate the thought that somebody got your attention. i get jealous for someone who is impossibly mine. It hurts a lot." Baekhyun said.

 

The door cracked open and the group saw baekhyun teary eyed.

Baekhyun run outside and excuse himself.

 

"Baekhyunnah." Chen called

 

Yixing move nearer to chanyeol.

 

"Yah. Did you guys fight? What did you do to him." Chen said.

 

"I didn't do anything." Chanyeol defend

 

"Do you think he will cry if you didn't do anything?"

 

Baekhyun was running hard without stopping. He has no direction til he bump kris and both fell on the ground

 

Kris got up first and give his hand to Baekhyun for assistance. "I'm sorry i really didn't see you coming"

 

"I should be sorry. I didn't watch my the my steps either"

 

"Why were you running. Hey. Are you crying?" Kris notice that his eyes were teary and red

 

"Ahh. This is nothing" baekhyun lied

 

"By the way. Jongin invites us to a restaurant for dinner. He wanted to us to meet kyungsoo."

 

After Kris' sentence Baekhyun suddenly feel headache.

 

"Baekhyun are you okay?" Kris asked.

 

"Yeah. I am. I just thought the name is quite familiar." Baekhyun answered

 

"So. I wanted you to be their"

 

"Can i not come? I'm really not actually one from your circle of friends."

 

"No. You should come. Please" Kris begged. "Besides we treat you as one of our friends when we meet you as chanyeol's bf. Remember? Ill expect you baekhyun. Okay? Bye" Kris leaves

 

-------

 

Chanyeol run out to follow baekhyun. By the time he run and look for him, he identify and conclude his true treatment towards baek. It wasn't just a friend. He chanyeol have crush on baekhyun.

He don't know how and when it started all he know is that he doesn't want to be away with Baekhyun anymore.

 

Library, canteen, offices he ran but he still unable to sight Baekhyun.

He went back to the canteen where he spotted jongin having a snack. Nibbling his simple sandwich.

 

"Jonginnah" he said gasping for air.

 

"Oh. Hyung." Jongin said with his twinkling eyes and smile. "Wanna eat?" Handing a new wrapped sandwich

 

"Have you seen baekhyun?"

 

"Nope. I haven't seen him since he went to jeju."

 

"Wait. What? He went to jeju?" Chanyeol's asked a little bit pissed off

 

"Yeah... actually i was their during his departure." Jongin bite a large of his sandwich.

 

"Why were you there?"

 

"Because i was the one telling him where his foster parents were" jongin said

 

"How'd you know?" Chanyeol asked

 

"I saw it on the news" jongin said "hey. I discover something. You know, baekhyun is a "

 

"? Yah! Jongin watch your mouth! You erted mind" chanyeol bought out

 

Jongin chuckled "sorry. All i wanted to say is that he's new in traveling. He's not use to travel alone."

 

"Hyung. Kyungsoo and i will meet later for dinner. You are invited"

 

"Kyungsoo? Chanyeol wondered "right right. Kyungsoo. I haven't seen him in person yet"

 

"So wanna go?"

 

Chanyeol nods and sit down.

 

--------

 

"Today is Thursday no night shifts Wanna go out?" Luhan said

 

"Sure. Where?" Baekhyun said

 

"Sehun invited me for dinner that jongin set up" luhan replied.

 

"You and sehun now right?" Baek asked

 

"Yeah.. " luhan replied

 

"Do you love him? "

 

"I do love him a lot."

 

"So lucky you" baekhyun said in complete jealousy.

 

Baekhyun cringe when he heard the invitation because that's what Kris told him too. He doesn't want to go because of the fact that maybe chanyeol will be their too.

 

"So are you coming?" Iuhan asked.

 

"Hyung can we extend it until midnight? Don't worry I'll take the shift."

 

"Okay... are you sure you don't want to come?"

 

Baekhyun nod and smile

 

"Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnyyyyyeeeeeeeoooonnnnnnnnng" tao scream and entered first. Luhan and baekhyun stood and smile Kris follows and walks like a real model. He bend and grab Tao's waist. Sehun came last. But as soon as he enter luhan cant get rid of his smile. Sehun reach up to his hand and they intertwined hands.

 

"Let's go. They're waiting." Kris said.

 

Everybody got up including baekhyun. He pack his things and brought the key for locking.

 

Kris and Tao walk ahead

 

"Hunnah. Why don't you go catch them up. We still have to lock the coffee shop" luhan said

 

"Its okay i don't mind waiting" sehun replied

 

"Ya. You. I thought  your not coming?" luhan said to Baekhyun when they finally locked the door and start walking.

 

"I plan to. But Kris....." Baekhyun stop and take glance at sehun

 

Sehun turn at Baekhyun then shook his head "i promise not to tell anyone." Sehun assured

 

"I planned to, but Kris is here. Awhile ago at school he's the one who invited me and i just say yes"

 

"And so, you planned on ditching?"

 

"Yeah but i have a good reason. I don't want to see chanyeol after what happen"

 

"Why what happened?" Luhan said

 

"Luhan. i confessed to him and said that i like him."

 

"WHAT!" Both sehun and luhan scream. But luhan sounds more like squealing.

 

"What did chanyeol said to you?" Sehun finally join the conversation.

 

"I cant know."

 

"What do you mean you cant know?" Luhan confused

 

"I cant tell. After chanyeol hearing it he still want to be close with me."

 

"HEYYYY. SLOWPOKES FASTER" kris called from afar.

 

--------

 

They arrived at the rendezvous. As expected chanyeol was their including yixing and xiumin. Baekhyun entered last. While they still waiting for Kyungsoo

Baekhyun sit beside luhan. Luhan sat with sehun. Xiumin and luhan don't have issues anymore. Chanyeol settled at the last of long table on the other side.

 Kyungsoo arrive and sat beside jongin. In front of him is Baekhyun

 

"Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo said in shock. His eyes were wide as owl."Baekhyun. I never knew you were friends with jongin"

 

Kyungsoo continued "where have you been. You just completely lost without saying goodbye" he said teary eyed

 

Baekhyun was shocked about Kyungsoo and so with jongin and with the other guys. How did he knows my name? Baekhyun thought.

 

"How did you know him?" Jongin asked.

 

"Because Baekhyun is my best friend. My super duper best friend 2 years ago. We eat together, we shared secrets together. Until he got missing. He was the best friend that i was telling you" (CHAPTER 6) 

 

"Chanyeol too?" Kyungsoo said.

 

"Ahm. How did you know my name?" Chanyeol said

 

"Oh that's right. You probably don't know me. Because i only saw you ones."

 

"When did you see me?" Chanyeol wondered

 

"2 years ago. When you and Baekhyun had fight and argument" Kyungsoo confidently said

 

"What?" Baekhyun whispered. Things got weirder for both chanyeol and Baekhyun. Kyungsoo is a total stranger to them. For once they didn't

remember meeting Kyungsoo.

 

"Because of that i never thought you guys could be still together" Kyungsoo stated. The tension is getting more hovering.

 

"Chanyeol What is this? You better stop this mess because its not funny"

Baekhyun said teary eyed.

 

"Baekhyun i don't know all of this." Chanyeol replied

 

"So do you call yourself now base on first name?" Kyungsoo said.

 

"Could you please explain everything" Bekhyun beg

 

"Well two years ago. You call each other babes"

 

"Babes? Excuse me Kyungsoo but they've just met two months ago?" Sehun asked.

 

"Aniyo. They were couples in high school. The truth is i have a picture of both of you" he reach for his wallet and search for a picture.

 

"Oh here it is. The truth is. This picture belongs to you but you gave this to me the very last night before you got missing."

Kyungsoo handed him the picture.

 

The moment  Baekhyun took the photo and look at it. He burst out crying. Covering his mouth and sobs.

Chanyeol feel confused. When he saw the picture of him kissing Baekhyun on the cheeks and Baekhyun act as if he was shock. It was a beautiful selca 

Everyone gets shock and astounded about what happened.

 

"Excuse me." Baekhyun stand up.

 

"Baekhyunnah." Luhan called

 

"Its okay" Baekhyun assured

 

Chanyeol followed standing up and went outside.

 

---------- 

 

(2 YEARS AGO) 

 

"Baekhyun. This isn't working. My family are against of our relationship. Baekhyun I'm straight but i'm in love with you. Baekhyunnah I'm sorry" he hugged him.

 

"Its okay. You have to follow your parents." Baekhyun paused " so i guess this is goodbye"

 

"Baek. I love you. Please say that you needed  me and we will run away. Please baek. Please"

 

"We know that we cant do that. We are still young for that. If we are meant for each other it would be us in the last part" Baekhyun cried

 

"Baekhyun. I will only asked you this once. Baekhyun do you love me or not?" Chanyeol said

 

Baekhyun hugged him. "Chanyeol. You know the answer of that question. Chanyeol everything i do is because all of you, you don't know how much i love you. "

 

"I love you, you love me, my parents won't let us. Let's just runaway."

 

"Its not. I'm sorry chanyeol but always remember that i will always love you"  Baekhyun unwrapped his arms and take his leave.

 

"TAXI!" Baekhyun called. Chanyeol realize that he needed to follow Baekhyun but he already left.

 

"Baekhyunnah"  he called

 

Baekhyun's tear out in the taxi. He wasn't so sure about his decision of living chanyeol. He wanted to run away with him but it doesn't justify everything well at least that's where he believes in.

Then suddenly the taxi driver lost his control and they hit another car. It results that the facade of the car ruined and Baekhyun had blood over his face.

Chanyeol who was right behind them the taxi suddenly stops and smash his forehead out of the steering wheel the leaves him unconscious.

Both chanyeol and Baekhyun was brought at the hospital. They were remained asleep. Most of the injury was experience by Baekhyun.

Baekhyun suffered from retrograde amnesia. The worst thing is that he wakes up without his real parents nor foster parents. He suffered alone.

Yixing was their when chanyeol wakes up including his mom and dad. He suffered from lacunar amnesia and forgets about baekhyun. He started living knowing that he was single but one thing remained in his heart it was baekhyun.

 

 

-end-