CHAPTER 3

I'm In Love by Narsha

The next morning chanyeol woke up at 10 in the morning. His friends totally abandoned him; they went home before he even notices. He got off of his feet and immediately went to the kitchen. He heated up a tea and put two breads in the bread toaster. Scratching his head, he opens the fridge to get juice. He found a sticky note placed after he closes the fridge back.

 

'Good morning, Mr. Park chanyeol.

Luhan and i would like to express

our gratitude towards

your generosity. Thank you.'

 

-byun-

 

Chanyeol was thinking about what happened yesterday. But he cant remember any. His phone beep for a text message. The text message was coming from tao saying "don't forget the party tomorrow."

Chanyeol didn't like the idea about the dating thing. He planned on ditching but his conscience is stopping him.

 

 

"Hyung. Tell me what happen yesterday." Sehun said

 

"I really don't have any idea what happened last night." Jongin replied.

 

"Really? How about you and luhan? I heard you are getting getting good together." Said tao.

 

"What? We just talked yesterday. He shared and i too."

 

"Hey why aren't you talking?" Jongin said when he notice chanyeol was thinking deeply.

 

"Is something bothering you?" The manly kris said.

 

"Baekhyun leave the house" he went on.

 

"I think its okay, since the policemen are doing there best to find that person." Kris replied.

 

"Beside he's not one of your responsibilities." Jongin continued while looking at his phone.

 

Chanyeol give a huge sigh and scratch his head

"what should i do? I remember that i visited baekhyun in his room and mumbled something i don't exactly know......" he paused "no way. I ended up waking up at his room. Omg".

 

"I don't see anything wrong." Tao convince him.

 

"Unless they had se..." jongin cut off.

 

"Don't dare to finish that statement". Said chanyeol "i woke up with my clothes on"

 

 

"Enough with the heavy." Tao interrupted. "Do you have plans in going to lay's invitation?"

 

"Good for you because you have kris"

 

"Where can i buy date by that?" Chanyeol said.

 

"Ask baekhyun nor luhan." Tao suggest both looking at sehun and chanyeol?

Chanyeol start standing straight and said "okay im not going"

 

"Lay's gonna upset if you don't go"

 

"Who said about not going. Ill go with or without a date."

 

-----

 

Baekhyun work at his shift, he was a little bit bored since the customer aren't that numerous. He was reading a book when the sound of bell rings. He stood up firm and look straight towards the customer. He suddenly feel shy when he realize chanyeol is heading towards him.

 

"Can i have a you minute?" Chanyeol said

 

"Sure" luhan replied in behalf. Baekhyun cringe, a sign that he didn't want to have a minute.

Chanyeol raise his thumb and point it outside to talk. He lead the walk and baekhyun followed.

 

"What do you want?" Baekhyun said as they both are outside.

 

Chanyeol sigh. "I need to you to pay me."

 

"What?" Baekhyuns eyes widen in confuse "as far as i know. I don't have any dept from you"

"Wait, so there must be something in return after you save me." He replied in rage. "I didnt say that i must stay in your place. How can someone regret doing good deeds to those who are in need. You are a horrible person."

 

Chanyeol also felt angry about baekhyuns abrupt accusation. "Yah. Yah. How can you say those words to me. You didn't even think about thanking me. One thing, i wasn't regretting saving your , but you're making me regret everything. You're more horrible than me."

 

"Excuse me?. I did say thank you....."

 

"On a sticky note?" Chanyeol cut in "well that's horrible and mean"

 

Baekhyun fell silent.

 

"I'm sorry" he give up.

 

"Okay. Apology accepted" chanyeol said. "But if you're truthfully sorry then you have to grant me a request"

 

"What is it?" Baekhyun hesitate.

 

"You have to promise to grant it?"

 

"Okay. Okay. I promise to grant whatever wish is that?"

 

Chanyeol sigh and said "Pretend that we are dating".

 

"Are you crazy? I'm not doing it?" Baekhyun said

 

"We had an agreement"

 

"Are you gay? One thing, its hard to pretend." Baekhyun protest

 

"No im not a gay. Pretending is not that hard. All you have to do is to introduce yourself as my boyfriend; is it hard?" Chanyeol explained

 

"But why does it has to be me. "

 

"No its not. It only becomes difficult if.." chanyeol paused and stare at baekhyun "not unless one has..." chanyeol pause. And slowly leaning his face towards baekhyuns. Baekhyun cringe and step backwards.

Chanyeol keep on leaning forward.

 

 "Wha... what... are... yo..you.. doing?" Baekhyun stammered.

 

A distance of 1 inch from chanyeols lips to baekhyuns lips

 

 "by any chance......" chanyeol said seductively while baekhyun swallowed all saliva earn in his mouth.

"..... do you like me Mr. Byun Baekhyun?" Baekhyun realized that he was staring at chanyeols pinkish lips then to his eyes. And his heart beats so fast.

 

"No. That's not gonna happened" he said as soon as he's back to his senses.

 

"Don't worry. We will set rules." Chanyeol said.

 

"Of course that should gonna happened." Said Baekhyun

 

"So does this mean that you're in?"

 

"You're leaving me no choice. But this time i should create the rules."

 

"Okay. I guarantee you that it will be properly observed and applied"

 

"Rule number 1" baekhyun started

"We shouldn't fall in love. 2nd rule no kissing. 3rd rule no holding hands and touching. Rule number 4 never ask for personal information."

 

"How can we make them believe us? Wait why are you the one who set up for rules."

Chanyeol protested.

 

"Because my life is the bet for this.Okay. Rule no. 3 could be broken. If only, only if in front of friends. But when you're around with those friends who's always with you,  rule no. 3 must be properly be observed."

 

"Okay. Our first date will be tomorrow"

 

"What? I cant make it tomorrow. I have some appointments." Said baekhyun. Baekyun slightly blush when he said date. Its his first time since he recover from the accident.

 

"What appointments?" Asked chanyeol.

 

"Rule no. 4 Mr. Park." Baekhyun reminded him.

 

"Just. I need you at exactly 6 pm"

 

"Okay. Ill be there." Said baekhyun as he entered back.

 

"By the way. This pretending thing will only last for 1 day. So. Rule no.1 and 2. Actually is never needed." Chanyeol said and walk away.

 

"Great" baekhyun's voice is low.

 

-------

 

"Why don't you ask luhan instead." Said tao. Drinking his cappucino.

 

"I'm not crazy to do that." Take a sip to his bubble tea. Sehun glances to tao's fingers he saw a ring

 

"Are you engage?" Sehun ask sipping his bubble tea.

 

"This?" Tao holding the ring. "Kris gave it to me. He said its a promise ring."

 

"Its beautiful" sehun commented.

 

"Oh. There's luhan go ask him out" said tao. Sehun turn back and he saw luhan arrive for his shift. "Let me do it"

 

"NO" sehun abruptly said to him but tao stood up and headed to luhan. Sehun sat embarrassingly. Afterwards sehun heard footsteps

 

 

"Hi sehun. Mr. Huang told me you need something"

 

"Yes. I actually wanted to ask if you're free this evening" holding his cup of bubble tea.

 

Luhan chuckles "yeah. I'm actually available. You want me to be with you this evening?" Luhan smiled "to where?"

 

"My friends will be attending this party and I'd like to come.. but I'm to young" "for me you're not that young to attend parties"

 

"I know right"

 

"Ill go in one condition. You're gonna pick me up."

 

"Sure. Thank you. Ill see you later"

 

-------

 

Chanyeol sit at the bench allotted outside baekhyun's apartment? He was holding his phone and look some updates for new message. Afterwards the door cracked open and baekhyun appear. Chanyeol stare at him from head to toe. Baekhyun wears a stripe shirt a mustard rave pants, and boots then a gray trench coats.

 

"Your stares is creeping me out" baekhyun said as he move forward.

Chanyeols stares locked and never moves.

 

"Yah. Are you planning to stay there for the rest of your life?" Baekhyun said in a mocking tone.

 

"Lets go" chanyeol said taking the driver's sit and baekhyun take the other front sit.

The minute of awkwardness when chanyeol talk.

 

"Wanna eat?" Chanyeol handling a box of brownies. Baekhyun get one piece and start nibbling.

 

Baekhyun sigh. "So what's this party that you cant say no."

 

"He's one of my closest friend, together with jongin and tao. His name is Lay" chanyeol said "He's  actually from china when we met. He transfered here and went back to china again to continue studying."

 

"What is he doing here?"

 

"I don't know. Maybe he just want to see us again. You want me to refer you to him?" Said chanyeol smiling.

 

"Yah... i am a discreet gay but I'm not a nor a e. "

 

"Hey. I didn't say that." Said chanyeol "yeah right." Baekhyun chuckles.

 

 Suddenly he eat a large portion of the brownies that causes him choke. Unconsciously chanyeol offered a bottle of water. Baekhyun take it and drink a lot.

Baekhyun sip and feel relieve.

 

"Hey, did you also drink from here?" Said pointing at the bottle.

 

"Yeah. I was" chanyeol said

 

"Well that's gross" 

 

"Whats so gross about it?" Chanyeol said.

 

"Nevermind" baekhyun said.

 

Then a moment of silence. Chanyeol broke the silence and said.

 

"Baek. I have a joke. What flower that is talkative?" Chanyeol starts

 

"What? Chanyeol. You better make sure that this is a good one or else"

 

"Haha.. its tulips (two lips)"

 

Chanyeol expected him to mock because its corny. But he then burst out laughing.

 

"Hahaha... that was a good one"  baekhyun cooling down from laughing

 

"Its my first time." Chanyeol said

 

"First time? Joking? You must be pretty good" baekhyun said

 

"No its my first seeing you smile. Its a different view. Its not a usual look whenever i see you working." Chanyeol said

 

Baekhyun feel silent. He was shy. Then moment of silence already began.

 

-------

 

"Are we there yet?" Baekhyun asked

 

"Not yet" yeol replied

 

"So, you had boyfriends?" Chanyeol ask cautious

 

"Let me remind Mr.; Rule number 4, no asking"

 

"You're the one who ask me question first." baekhyun look up when he realize that he's right. He was silent in a minute then said

 

"I don't know. I never know. Maybe?  I was involve in a car accident back then, i had an amnesia and 'til now i cant remember" said baekhyun watching outside the window and fingers playing at the wrapper to relieve his stress

 

Chanyeol was disturb by the noise created by the wrappers baekhyun played and look at it. He notice that baekhyun has a nice fingernails, its similar to female's. Then he spotted a scar between his knuckles and wrist.

 

"That scar explains it all" chanyeol commented but baekhyun cover it immediately using his sleeves of his trench coat. Then cross his arms to his chest.

Then they didn't talk and create a rustic ambiance and continued until they arrived. Chanyeol park his car on the corner.

 

"Let me the first to talk" chanyeol said as he step out of the car.

Baekhyun step out and amaze by the nice facade of lays crazy architect. He saw jongin with tao and kris.

 

"Ready?" Chanyeol said. Then chanyeol hold on baekhyun's hands.

Baekhyun wasn't comfortable and he tried to let go, but chanyeol hold it hard and lock it.

"Just pretend" chanyeol said as they move forward.

 

Baekhyun's p.o.v

 

"Lay hyung. Chanyeol is here." An unfamiliar person said. I was looking at that bun guy while my hands are still lock hand with this guy.

 

Jongin and tao's eyes widen while looking at the lock hands.

 

They entered together.

"What is the meaning if this?" Jongin whispered. This haggard jongin do you really think i cant hear you?

 

"Chanyeol you made it" a person approach him. He must be lay. Chanyeol finally put my hands down.

I notice chanyeol is very happy. I think lay is a good person by just looking at his appearance.

 

"By the way. This is baekhyun. My boyfriend"

 

"What?!!" I was shock by his abrupt introduction. As well as jongin and tao.

 

"It looks like you don't know that you're his boyfriend." Lay said to me.

 

That's it. This is against the rules we agreed that were just dating not his boyfriend.  "Were actually not......"

 

"Actually we don't have plans in introducing him as my boyfriend yet" chanyeol said it and its getting worse.

Ahhh. This is so unfair.

 

"Its okay. I understand why you need to hide it. Since he's your first boyfriend. Lets eat" what? I'm chanyeols  first boyfriend.

We entered at the dining room. I sit beside chanyeol of course. lay sit in front of us.

"So where are your ex girlfriends chanyeol?" Lay asked "baekhyun must have a lot of charm that you make chanyeol fall for you."

 

"Of course. He is so in love with me. I busted him once." Chanyeol cough after hearing those words from me. I should get revenge i cant just lose.

 

"Really? After you busted him what happen?"

 

"After that. Chanyeol persuade me and beg for my yes. He kneeled down and ask me if i could be his boyfriend. I don't want to him to kneel down and beg so i said yes." I said boasting the lies

 

"But you did also love me didn't you?" Chanyeol said smiling. I was surprise when i look at him because my head flashes people i didn't know. That smile was familiar. Its like I've seen those already but i cant remember.

 

"Have you?" Lay asks

 

"Of course" i replied smiling then slice my pancake then said "of course" 

 

"Chanyeol where's sehun." The bun guy asked

 

"Maybe he was out still looking for a date." Jongin said.

 

"So jongin how have you been? Are you dating anyone?"

 

"Yes. Xiumin he's not gonna tell us who is it."

Xiumin nibbled "maybe he's still not sure"

 

"Chanyeol can i talk to you? Ill wait outside." I said immediately standing up and have my first step.

 

"Its okay we can go together" chanyeol said and we both walk outside together.

 

When we were already outside i immediately nudge his right shoulder.

 "What the hell did you say a while ago?" I tried to confront him in a calm tone but my anger makes it loud and audible.

 

"What? Introducing you as my boyfriend? Don't worry its just for tonight?"

 

" up. This thing is pissing me off." Chanyeol sigh and glare at me "what you did while were eating do you think it didn't piss me off?"

 

"Don't pass every burdens to me because you started it all"

 

"I.. i started it all?...... ahhhh ." He said going back inside. I decided to stay outside to calm myself down. It happened again; chanyeol's glare awhile ago reminded me again of a scene.

I stayed outside for about 30 minutes. Then i decided to enter

 

Baekhyun entered the house. He first saw chanyeol seated at the sofa watching a loud t.v. with jongin, Kris and tao. Xiumin helps lay to take the dishes.

 

"Do you want wine?" Lay offered a bottle of wine.

 

"Do you have soju?" Baekhyun ask.

 

"A lot" xuimin said

 

Jongin move forward towards the table and get a lot of soju.

 

"Ill get for 3 persons since chanyeol never drink" jongin said

 

I start drinking my soju. "So did you guys fight?" Lay asked

 

"No we did not." Baekhyun replied

 

"But you have problems" lay said "you know what baekhyun. I wanted to thank you for giving chanyeol a chance. It must been hard for him. Since his parents never loved him"

 

"What do you mean? No parents abandoned their child." He said. except for his parents who also abandoned him.

 

"His parents are really really rich. But he never feel the love coming from them. Sometimes he's hot tempered. When he's angry he never controlled his mouth but to say whats on his mind. But its bearable."   Baekhyun felt guilty since chanyeol became angry at him but still he manage to control it.

 

An hour later. Chanyeol glances at baekhyuns table and saw that baekhyun is sleeping on the table.

 

"Yeol. He's down. Take him to the room." Lay said

 

Chanyeol immediately stand up and headed towards him and ask "how many bottles did he take?"

 

"I just take 5 bottles" baekhyun answered smiling.

 

"He's telling the truth" lay said in approval.

Chanyeol carried him to his room.

 

"Baekhyun. Why did you drink if you cant bear it." Chanyeol complained while he was putting him down. Putting him a comfortable position.

"You sober"

 

"Chanyeol. Chanyeol." Baekhyun mention his name many times then chuckles

 

"chanyeol chanyeol. Chanyeol. Haha. I really like your name. Where did you get it?"

 

"I don't know my parents gave it to me"

 

"Chanyeol."

 

'Hmmmm"?

 

"What happened to your ex girlfriends?"

 

"You forget about rule number 4 Mr. Byun"

 

"That's right." Chanyeol takes off baekhyun boots.

 

"Chanyeol"

 

"What now?" He laughs

 

"What does it feel to have girlfriends?"

 

"I will throw back your question" arranging his pillows.

 

Baekhyun chuckles. "I also don't know chanyeol. If only i can remember."

 

"It’s okay. You can find someone else and build memories" chanyeol said tapping baekhyuns head.

 

"Chanyeol" baekhyun called

 

"Shhh. Shhh sleep now." Caressing his cheeks

 

"Chanyeol. I'm sorry"

 

"It’s okay. Sleep now."

 

"So chanyeol this will be goodbye. Today will be the last for us to be a fake couple."

 

-end-