CHAPTER 5

I'm In Love by Narsha

They were at Kris car. Tao rested his head to Kris' shoulders while they locked their hands.

 

"Would they still end up together?" Tao asked.

"I don't know. Its just normal for two lovers to fight if they don't have a proper closure." Kris said brushing Tao's hair.

 

"If you want to pursue your dream, just tell me so that i can prepare myself to go wherever your destination is."

 

Kris chuckles. "You really like me that much?" Kris crinkling his lovers nose.

Then Kris give a big sigh. "I think i cant do that. You have your dream, i have mine. Its not right that i should take that away from you." Kris explained

 

"Even if that means taking me away from you?" Tao pouty

Kris didn't reply, instead he give tao a satisfying nod.

 

"Yah! Do you love me?"

 

"The answer is so much given." Kris replied in a seductive voice.

 

"You have to say it out loud" tao demanded

 

"Tao....." kris started cupping tao's cheeks. "I. I really, really, really. Love you.  Do you believe me now?"

 

"80%" tao said smiling. "Prove it."

 

"Hmmmm. What's the best way to prove it?" Kris said. Then his naughty hands slide to Tao's waist and pull it closer.

Kris kiss tao passionately. Dirty but gentle. Tao thought that Kris is the only person who can do that kiss.

Kris uses his tongue to ask permission and tao give him the full rights. Kris' hands slide at the first button of Tao's polo shirt. He and so the rest. Kris slide his hand to the boy's shoulder and remove Tao's polo shirt. Kris lips went down to his chin down to his neck. Tao release a loud moan while his hands undress Kris, that made Kris' body visible.  Kris hands are still at Tao's waist. Both them are half . Kris Tao's neck that makes him moan either.

 

"Ahhhh." Tao's moan made the ambiance more in romance. Kris lips went back to Tao's lips. Nobody notice how both them lay down. Kris is at the top and tao's at the bottom. They cant stretch there legs as much as they want because they're way too tall. The passionate lips to lips continued. Tao's hand move at Kris crotch. He grabs it that Kris suddenly moan. He it and lower it down. Kris is almost . His pants is lower and his boxer briefs is visible including his bulge.

Kris felt unfair. What he did is that he tao's pants and lower it down. Immediately tao covered his bulge as if he's not comfortable in showing them. Kris smile while they kiss and tao feel it to. Kris take his hand upward and cup tao's cheeks and his lips move to tao's ear and whispers.

 

"This is the proof that i like and love you. I'm willing to give up my body even though you're not ready." Kris whispers then chuckles.

 

"I'm sorry." Tao replied. Both of them straighten up. Tao is closing his pants and undoing his polo shirt.

Kris slouch and pull his pants upward button it and zip. Putting his t-shirt on. Then Kris chuckles..

 

"Kris I'm so sorry. I cant do it tonight" tao apologize.

 

"Its okay. I completely understand. I was just wasted because it was really so hot."

 

"Yah. Kris I'm starting to get startled by you. Are you a ert?" Tao said

Kris give tao a glare of annoyance

 

 "yah zitao. All of us have ual urges don't tell you don't have any. I was aroused a minute ago. The next time you take off my shirt i will make you sure that i wont stop having with you. Whether you like it or not. Once you undress me i will start ing you." Kris said seductively

 

"Yah. That creeps me out." Tao complained.

 

"Buing buing" kris aegyo. Then tao burst on laughter.

 

"That was cute." Tao said kissing him in the lips.

 

"Ill take you home" kris said. "Good night babe."

 

"Me too babe."

 

------

 

Chanyeol drove baekhyun back to his apartment.

 

"What to do?" Chanyeol went on

 

"What?"

 

"Sehun like luhan. What will happen? Now that he knows his ex is xiumin?" Chanyeol said. Baekhyun didn't reply.

 

"Baekhyun are you okay? What are you thinking?"  Chanyeol asked looking at him then get his eyes back to the road.

 

"Yeah. I'm okay. I just cant move on to what just happened a while ago." Baekhyun pause then said " how come you didn't know that xiumin was luhan's ex?"

 

"I honestly don't know. I mean i haven't with xiumin for a longer time. He's a new friend of yixing so i don't have any idea about it?" Chanyeol replied

Baekhyun just nod and didn't reply. Chanyeol didn't bother to ask again.

 

Baekhyun felt that the engine stop. He open his eyes and the were outside of his apartment. He pulled the lever then the door cracked open. He step outside the car and start walking to go in, when he realize he haven't thanking chanyeol for taking him home

He turn back to say thank you but he bump his face to chanyeol's shoulder.

 

Bam. This is so embarrassing. Why did i hit him. Baekhyun thought to himself. He slowly lift his head up to watch his reaction. He's just staring at me

 

"I'm sorry" he said with a victory hand sign.

 

"What happened to you? You seemed so distracted"

 

"Nothing. It just that, what happened a while ago. They're images flashing in my mind. I mean they're running in my mind that i think they really happened but i cant remember when and where"

Baekhyun said walking til they arrive in front of the door.

 

"Maybe that's the memories back then" chanyeol chuckles.

 

"Ah. I don't know. I don't wanna think" baekhyun said. Then he wonder why chanyeol still standing as if he's waiting for something. "Why are you out of car? are you waiting for something"

 

Chanyeol snap his head. "Actually i wanna come in to your house" he said as he heading towards the door.

Baekhyun cringe and run faster and block off.

 

"I think its a little bit late. Don't  you think."

 

"No. Its still 8 in my watch." Chanyeol said taking a glance in his watch.

 

"Serious?"

 

"I'm serious. I wanna come in."

 

"My house is nothing special. Not like your house." Baekhyun give him a fake smile.

 

"Its no big deal. We have important matters to be discuss."

 

"About what?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"About our music class. Its a little bit cold if we talk here"

 

This is a narcissistic prince. Hmpf. Baekhyun thought

 

Baekhyun sighed "do you really wanna come in?" Baekhyun said in defeat

Chanyeol nods

 

"Okay. But you wait a minute here." Baekhyun said in a witty tone then goes inside

 

Chanyeol heard a sound of glass falling down. The smashing of two objects, dragging of chairs; he hears it from outside

He even hear baekhyun screamed for 'hyung'.

 

I thought baekhyun is living alone? Chanyeol thought. Then suddenly the door cracked open and baekhyun open behind it.

 

"Come in"

 

Chanyeol immediately walk over the living room and sits down.  Chanyeol thought that he lives in a simple apartment. Its not large, its not small either

 

"Good evening. Do you need anything?" A short guy appeared from the kitchen.

 

"Hyuuuuuung" baekhyun complained.

Chanyeol stood up and approach the guy

 

 "annyeonghaseyo. I'm Park chanyeol" he said offered his hand.

 

"Yesung." He said took his hand for hand shake "are you baekhyun's......??"

 

"Best friend" Chanyeol affirmed

 

"You need anything?" Yesung ask.

 

"Hyung could you please go back to your room? He's fine"

 

"F. Y. I. Mr. Byun. Living room is my room. And that's not the proper way to treat a guest."

 

"Go to my room instead" baekhyun said

 

"Tsh  this brat.... just tell me what you need I'll give it to you" said yesung to chanyeol.

 

"Okay.. okay thanks." Chanyeol said.

Yesung climb at baekhyun's room.

 

"Okay. Mr. Park what is the important thing that you need to say?" Said baekhyun heading towards the kitchen. Chanyeol followed him.

 

 "Tea?" Baek offered.

 

"No thanks. I would like to ask if what song are you gonna sing for tomorrow"

 

"I don't know. We haven't figured it out. " baekhyun replied. Baekhyun took a milk from the fridge

 

"Hey, do you have any idea about luhan's love life?"

 

"I don't have any idea since he never talk about it. I also didn't bother to ask."

 

"Ahhhhh. " then they fell silent for 5 minutes

 

Baekhyun started to break it. "Mr. Park. You can now speak your real reason why you want to say"

 

"I want you to be my best friend" chanyeol said.

 

Baekhyun burst into laughter "is it hard to say it?"

 

"No, but because its my first time wanting to have a best friend who is gay" 

 

"Okay. How about your close friends.? Aren't they gay?

 

"Yixing is not. I just consider them close friends. Kris, jongin aren't one too" said chanyeol.

 

"Okay. Let me get this clear. Chanyeol you are straight men and you want me to be your best friend who is gay. What leads you to make me your best friend?"

 

"Because i think you are fun to be with?" Chanyeol replied

 

"So why did you ask me to pretend that we are lovers thingy?"

 

"Because that time i received a txt message saying that i need to go with guys. And that's coming from lay hyung. But since i valued him that much so i oblige"

 

"Okay. That was a little bit complicated. So all this time you ask for my help for the reason not to break lay's trust" baek paused  "But how come you didn't know who was it? Have you gone into amnesia too?"

 

"I don't know. Maybe. All i remember back then is that i was hospitalized but i remember all. My mom my dad, my friends even my 7th grade teacher." Chanyeol replied

"Maybe you had one. Maybe you had. Are you familiar of amnesia that targeting those memories that you always think?"

 

"Maybe. but still we could be best friends right?

 

"Sure. But please. When we see each other in a random place don't call me 'best friend' just a simple Baekhyun is good"

 

"Okay. Byunbaek. I have to go." Chanyeol said.

 

Chanyeol go and baekhyun is keeping the place in order. When suddenly a deep voice hovered saying "by the way byunbaek"

 

"Omo" Baekhyun startled putting his right  hand on his chest.

 

Chanyeol laugh. "I'm sorry. Did i scare you?"

 

"No. I was just........ shock. Why did you came back did you forget anything?"

 

"Yeah. I actually forget the important thing."

 

"What is it?" Baekhyun asked .

 

"Its about your pair at the music class." 

 

"Yeah. I remember. What about him? He seems so nice."

 

"I actually don't feel right for him. You better be careful."

 

"Why are you telling me this?"

 

"Because you are my best friend" chanyeol said.

 

That moment baekhyun fall in love with chanyeol. Although its vague, that was his heart is telling him.

 

-------

 

The next day both chanyeol and baekhyun walk together

 

"Byunbaek. Did ants use shovel in digging their habitat?" Chanyeol foolishly ask

 

"Could you please ask question that has sense." Baekhyun glared at him.

 

"Okay. What's your ideal type guy?" Chanyeol abruptly ask

 

"Chanyeol...."

 

"What?..... i thought you want good question. Their I'm giving a good question. I also wanted to know so that i can hook one friend to you"

 

"I like guys who has a sense of humor. A person who understands me, a person who takes care for me. Those person who makes effort for me. "

 

"How about his physical appearance? Does it matter." He asked

 

"I really don't want to base whether handsome or not."

 

"How about me? Am i qualified?" Chanyeol  asked

 

"Hmmmmm. You're not bad for yourself." Baek replied "but you're to famous. I don't like guys who gain too much attention"

 

Chanyeol can't understand what he feels. He feel sad and confuse by the comment.

 

"So how about if its super ugly, would you still accept him?"

 

"Yes. By the way chanyeol. I haven't seen sehun around"

 

"He is in states at this moment"

 

"Why? What is he doing their?"

 

"His mom wanted to see him and also for his father's business. They highly need sehun's idea?"

 

"What business do they have?."

 

"Clothing company. Sort of.

 

"Byun Baekhyun." A guy called

They turn and the guy is running towards baekhyun. Its baekhyun's pair in music class

 

"Good morning" baekhyun replied back. Chanyeol's mood change

 

"I'm really sorry. I didn't have the chance to get your name" baekhyun said.

 

"Ahhh. My name." The guy said staring at Baekhyun

 

"Yeah. Your name." Baekhyun chuckles.

 

"Guess it." The guy smile

 

"Hmmmmm. Kim jungshin?" Baek guess

 

"Close enough." The boy said. "You know what. My name is 'its me liking byun baekhyun'"

 

Baekhyun laughed hard. "That was a good one. What is it really?"

Chanyeol is almost mad. 'His jokes is not good' he thought

 

"But you still have to guess it"

 

"Why don't you just tell us?!. People ask you your name you have tell us immediately! “Chanyeol speak up pissed off.

 

"Relax bro" the guy wrap his hands around the tall guy. Chanyeol throw his arms right away.

 

Baekhyun glare at chanyeol for his rude attitude. He also touches the guy’s wrist with his left hand and said.

 

 "So have you thought about what song are we gonna sing later?" Baekhyun said. The guy receives his touch by lifting baekhyun’s hand and caresses his scar. Baekhyun cringe and tried to get his hand back but the guy held it tight.

 

"Wait" the guy said. "Can i hold it in a minute?" Baekhyun lets him

 

Chanyeol had his eyes pop in surprise. Why did he let this fool touch his hand. I thought he weren't confident about it. Chanyeol thought. He just stares blankly.

 

"This is scar is pretty" letting go of his hand.

 

Baekhyun release a fake laugh "how did scar become pretty?"

 

"No. I believe that having a scar is beauty. I also have one at my back. I think we are destined to have scars and become pretty"

 

They burst in laughter except for chanyeol.

 

"Chen" he offer his hand recovering from their deep laughter

 

"Baekhyun." Took his hand then shake hands.

 

"But seriously what song? You pick and I'm okay of it."

 

"Sure. Let me think"

 

"Baekhyun how about 'excuse me' by yoari" chanyeol suggested

 

"How about that?" Baekhyun ask Chen for approval

 

"I heard of it but I'm not familiar of the song yet." chen declined

 

"Goose dreams by insooni sunbae" they both said it at the same time.

 

"So shall we start practicing then?" chen said.

 

"Sure." Baekhyun said "are you coming with us?"  He said to chanyeol

 

"I have still class baekhyun i have to go now."

Baekhyun nod and go right ahead.

 

Chanyeol look worried in going to his class for he didn't want to leave Baekhyun alone with that guy. 

Why am i like this. I never wanted to be concern to a certain person.

 

--------

 

"Yixing. Me and Baekhyun are really not lovers. I was just pretending because i don't want you to be disappointed. I'm sorry" chanyeol said

 

"I know and they also know it"

 

"How?"  Chanyeol said.

 

"I saw it on baekhyun's action when we saw him at the canteen.

 Remember? One thing. i know you are not into you know" Yixing explained

 

"Oh. Really? I'm sorry. "

 

"Its okay. In fact i should be the one who needs to apologize. I put too much pressure on you" yixing said and chanyeol just nod.

 

"So are you now trying to unfriend him?"

 

Chanyeol just smile and said "no. Because he's my best friend."

 

---------

 

Baekhyun seated at the bench outside the soccer field. He saw chanyeol walking alone. He called and wave his hand to call him. He move forward to their direction.

 

Chanyeol poke at baekhyun's scar. Baekhyun glare at him and chanyeol did a derp smile. Chanyeol did poke it again.

 

"I thought our rules were clear?"

 

"Why am i not allowed to touch your scar? And Its okay byun baek. You don't need to pretend anymore"

 

"What do you mean?" Baekhyun said

 

"I told yixing everything about us that it was just a hoax. We are now totally free"

 

"What did yixing say?"

 

"He's cool about it" chanyeol replied.

 

"Does that mean i can now get away from you?" Baekhyun jokingly said.

 

"Don't you want to be my best friend?"

 

"I'm just kidding" baekhyun replied in a husky voice.

 

"What happen to your voice?"

 

"Oh right. I shouldn't talk right now so that it won’t get hoarse." Then they fell silent.

 

 "By the way baekhyun. I'm dating someone." Chanyeol shared

Baekhyun didn't talk but he raise his two thumbs up and give him a fake smile. "don't worry you will meet her. Her name is choi soyoung" said chanyeol.

 

Chen arrives carrying a paper bag.

"Oh. I only buy two bibimbap. I don't know that you were coming"

 

"Its okay. I'm not eating."

 

"Baekhyunah. I'm sorry. I don't know that your voice wasn't okay. But keep it rested. It'll comeback “Chen apologizing while slicing the food. Baekhyun just nod and didn't talk.

 

Baekhyun get a paper and pen in his bag and write. Then he tear the paper down and handed it to chanyeol. Chanyeol start reading it

 

The note said:

'I thought we are free. Go. Walk. And have a great lunch with the girl of your dreams.'

 

"baekhyunnah. In return I'm going to feed you. Say ahhhhhh." Chen said handing a large slice of bibimbap and feed it into baekhyun's mouth.

 

"You want some?" Chen offered to chanyeol

 

"No thank you" chanyeol stood up and walk away.

 

-------------

 

"Guys. Meet my girlfriend. Soyoung" chanyeol interrupt the crowd at the coffee shop.

 

"Well congratulations" jongin said.

 

"By the way babe. This is Kris and his boyfriend tao." Chanyeol said introducing them.

 

"For real?" Soyoung squeal. Kris nods. "This is jongin, and lay"

 

"Hello nice meeting you" lay initiates to hold hands

 

Chanyeol settle down together with soyoung.

 

"What do you want to eat?" Chanyeol ask soyoung.

 

"I don't eat bread tonight. It can ruin my diet. How about an iced Americano? Don't add whip cream on it." She said

 

"Got it." he stand up and moving to the counter. He notice a figure standing outside the comfort room. When he studied the person he realized that it was chen.

 

"What are you doing here chen?" Chanyeol asked.

 

"Oh." Chen look back. "Chanyeolssi. I was waiting for baekhyun."

 

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol confirm

 

"Yeah. Baekhyun invited me here. He ask me to be here since he will be left alone during midnight" chen said. Baekhyun open the door.

 

"Oh chanyeol. What are you doing here?" Baekhyun said moving forward to the counter

 

"What taking you so long in their?" Chen asked, fixing baekhyun's apron.

 

"I'm having a hard time fixing my name tag" baekhyun replied. Chen snatch the name tag from baekhyun and pin it to his uniform.

 

"Thanks" baekhyun whispers.

 

"Baekhyun why are you working at night?" Chanyeol ask.

 

"I still have night shifts since I'm attending school." He said placing a cake box in front of him.

 

"Chen could you mix the egg white for me. There's nothing left in here."

 

"Yes chef." Chen said

 

"So. Chanyeol what are you doing here.?" Baekhyun manage to ask chanyeol without looking at him and continue designing the cake. 

 

"I'm sorry sir. May i take your order?" Baekhyun leave first the cake in a minute.

 

"One iced americano without whip cream please" he said.

 

A minute after baekhyun give him his iced americano. Chanyeol hesitates to live. He wanted stay a little bit longer.

"Babe i was wondering why taking it so long" soyoung said

 

"I'm sorry. I was designing the cake and wasn't able to entertain his order" baekhyun said.

 

"Baekhyun by the way this is my girlfriend soyoung" chanyeol introduce

Baekhyun smiled "pretty"

 

"So you're designing cakes. I really love to have one of those."  Soyoung said

 

Baekhyun either ignore them or didn't heard them for he didn't reply.

 

"Oppa let's go back to our table" soyoung demanded.

 

Hours later their last customers left. Yixing bought the cake that baekhyun designed. That makes baekhyun left alone.

 

"Baekhyunnah." Chen jesting using a horizontal foil and make it as a fake tears.

Both of them burst out laughing.

 

 Although Chen make baekhyun laughed he can't get rid that empty feeling inside of his heart. He tried to evaluate and balance things. He figure out why he is feeling that way. 1st when he meet chanyeol's girlfriend. 2nd when chanyeol go home he didn't said goodbye.

Baekhyun shook his head because of the vague things that he's been thinking. i like chanyeol a bit. No lot. He thought. But he can't be like me back because of my real me.

 

"Chen, thank you for coming here" baekhyun said

 

"That's alright. Just call me whenever you want." Chen said then go out.

 

After an hour baekhyun decided to close the coffee shop and go home since its 11:30 in the evening. He check first the baking area. Next he turn off the lights at the customers area. Then he turn off everything at the counter. He locked the glass doors.

 

"Why engaging in things if your scared" a deep voice said

Baekhyun jumps in surprise and shock. It feels like his heart skips a beat.

 

"Did i scare you?" Chanyeol said laughing

 

"Damn it chanyeol" baekhyun said. He walks faster to leave chanyeol behind. He is pissed off.

 

"Baekhyun. I'm sorry. You know i don't mean it" chanyeol said walking faster to catch up to baekhyuns

 

"Yah. Baekhyun. I'm sorry" he block baekhyun's way holding him on his shoulders.

 

"What do you need?" Baekhyun said

 

"Help me bake cake for soyoung"

 

"You are asking me too much"

 

"Ill pay you. Ill make it double."

 

"Deal?"

 

"Deal."

 

------

 

Xiumin's wondering around at the beach. Feeling in the breeze and to think.

He saw luhan also approaching

He moves closer to talk to him.

 

"How are you?" Xiumin ask in a calm tone.

"I'm fine" luhan replied.

"I'm sorry if i yelled at you at the dinner" xiumin apologized

"Yeah. Me too."

 

They were silent for 5 minutes.

 

"Xiumin. I guess we are not getting back together. Right?" Luhan break the silence.

 

"I guess so. You know what. Whenever i see you. The sparks are gone"

 

"Me too. I guess all we need is to have a proper closure."

 

"I think you are right. So luhan lets break up and just be friends"

 

"Alright xiumin fool lets break up." Then both of them burst out laughing.

 

Xiumin and luhan is now officially broke up

 

-end-