CHAPTER 7

I'm In Love by Narsha

 

Luhan was at the department store buying his groceries. He was completely stressed free since he and xiumin had their proper closure. Everything was fine except one - he completely hurt sehun's feelings. He doesn't know how serious sehun was; he can’t blame himself since their age gab is a little bit high. If people see them he might get accuse as e. Although sehun isn't a child he is still uncomfortable dating him if ever. But he thought sehun's a nice.

 

He sighed and asks the sales guy. "Excuse me where's your toiletries section?" The guy told him the way.

 

He pushes his rolling cart and look at the label hanging. He glances from side to side when he notices a familiar figure.  He move backwards a little bit to conclude his hypothesis. His stature looks like sehun, his brunette hair and nice . His height is similar. He peeks in silence and privately. He tried to get incognito and checking the stranger out.

 

'It looks like sehun.' He thought. If he ever sees him the first thing he would do is to apologize. He takes a closer look when a voice scares him.

 

"What are you doing?" The voice scare him

 

He slowly turns his head to check who it was. His eyes pop when it was sehun looking at him.

 

 

s sehun is freaking hot. His new hot blonde hair. The way his fashion sense becomes cool. It’s not the usual colored shirt and a pair of jeans and rubber shoes. It’s completely different. Now he wears a black shirt cover with leather jacket. A red pants and a boots. Somehow i felt guilty for these changes. He wasn't a kid anymore. But why do i feel like i miss the old him.

 

"Hey. Did you wear insoles?" Luhan manage to ask ignoring his question

 

"Shhh... i just wore it to fake my height. How have you been luhannn...hyung" sehun replied and bothered about the hyung thing.

 

"I'm fine. Coffee?" Luhan said and he realizes that he like sehun.

Sehun take glance to his wristwatch and agreed to have a break.

They had coffee at the coffee shop where luhan works.

 

"You've change." Luhan stated.

 

"For better" sehun replied

Luhan nod and didn't talk. He didn't know what to say. He wanted to ask if he still keeps his promise about, he will come back and love him back.

Luhan expected that sehun will brought up that topic but he didn't.

"You know what. I realize so many things. I've become mature in making decisions. I learn to forget all promises that i made just to keep myself still and survive."

Luhan chuckles “what's that suppose to mean." Said luhan unable to look at sehuns eyes

 

"I totally forget my pass me. All of it"

 

"Really?" Luhan said in a defeated tone. He didn't expect those words will come out.

 

"Yeah. That's why I'm here telling you I'm very really sorry. If i cause too much trouble on you. I admit all my immature things was just completely mess up." Sehun went in

 

Luhan get up to serve him the coffee and a slice of bread. He sat down and continue having a conversation

 

"So you change up to 100% then."  As he give him the coffee.

 

"Not only a 100 but a completely 110" said sehun. Since the bread was still warm it let out a great scent. Sehun cringe and place the bread away from him.

Luhan chuckles "i guess one still remains. You still don't eat bread"

 

"Ahhh that.... i really wanted to watch over my diet. You know i gain weight faster" he defend

 

"You are not attending school"

 

"I dropped out when i got passed to an audition"

 

"Audition to what?"

 

"Hyung.. luhan.. I'm debuting soon. I pass the audition from SM ent. To become an artist. Recently we had a photoshoot for our debut image. That's why i got this outfit and make up. Then i got a break and buy some skin care"

 

"For real? Congrats." Luhan sounds like he's force.

 

"You. A while ago. why were you peeking at someone?"

 

"I just thought i saw someone i know"

 

"Who?"

 

"Nah. You don't know him."

 

"Is it me?"

 

"How come it will be yo...."

 

"Did you miss me a lot?" Sehun cut off in a cool tone. luhan speechless about that.

Luhan throw back the question "how about you. Did you miss...?

 

"A lot." Sehun replied in a cool way immediately without finishing luhan's question.

 

 

---------

 

"Best. That chen. He's courting right?" Chanyeol ask baekhyun pulling out his laptop. The group were busy doing something.

 

"Best?" Baekhyun laughing.

 

"Yes. 'Best' short for best friend" chanyeol replied

 

"You know what. You can call me baek, byunbaek. Its fine. i don't want to be misinterpreted" he said

 

"By who?" Chanyeol said and type something on his

 

"Duuuuhhh. Is there any other person that is.... ugrghhh. Just forget about"

Baekhyun start using his phone and didn't look at chanyeol.

 

"So chanyeol where's your girlfriend?" Jongin asked

 

"I don't know" he sarcastically replied

Baekhyun was just eavesdropping and suddenly he commented "what do you mean by 'i don't know'?" Baekhyun said

 

"Probably she's with her friends" chan replied

 

"How often do you date?" Ask jongin

 

"We had date 2 months ago. Just once"

 

"What!!!!!!?" Tao hissed in shock with his eyes pop and mouth hang open.

 

"Its been three months since you were official" tao voiced out.

 

"So?" Chanyeol replied. He didn't get the point.

 

"Aren't you gonna check her out? What is she up to?"

 

"We are mature enough. We don't need checking each other out and of course we trust each other" chanyeol defend

 

"Chanyeol. Jongin and i saw her at the mall with other guy yesterday" kris said.

 

"Don't worry. They were just friend. By the way his name is Tyler"  chanyeol replied

 

"Touching butts, friends?" Jongin interject

 

"Wait..... why the hell you want me to know this hoax" chanyeol said super pissed off.

 

"Because chanyeol!, we are trying to be concern. We want you to open your eyes and be aware. You haven't seen her for more than a month "  baekhyun almost scream and mad

 

"I love her and nothing can...." chanyeol haven't finish his sentence

 

"Do you think she loves you back?" An abrupt question coming from baekhyun

 

"Baekhyun you barely didn't answer my question to you. Yes i think we love each other so much."

 

"Seriously?" Baekhyun raised his eyebrows "you cant even fix your problem and now you have plans in engaging mine" baekhyun replied

 

"Chanyeol maybe try listening and stop being self centered. Maybe. Just maybe. I'll answer your questions" he said stood up then leave them alone.

 

Chanyeol clench his fist in anger. Damn it. Why cant he fight back to baekhyun. He thought. He wasn't angry for the news from Kris. But rather he was become a bad to his friends. Best friend

 

*he get his phone and dial a number*

 

Hello?*

 

Sooyoung can i meet you? At the school*

 

-------

 

Chanyeol together with soyoung walk at the school's open field. Their hair rush by wind.

 

"Chanyeol is their a problem?" Soyoung ask.

 

"No. I just wanted to see you because i miss you" chanyeol said

 

"Chanyeol. I came all the way here because i thought their something matter. But this is nothing." She said a little bit pissed off.

 

"I cant understand you. I didn't see you for almost 3 months. But now we talk as if you don't have any affection towards me" raise his voice

 

"Chanyeol. I thought we are done talking about this. I am a busy person you know that" soyoung cupped chanyeol's cheeks. Trying to calm him down

 

"I know. You know that i don't believe in any criticism that they throw on you"

 

"I promise you that their will be only you and me" soyoung said

 

"I love you." Chanyeol said.

 

"Me too" she replied. "Now i gotta go"

 

 The tall guy expected same answer, but it turns out simply just saying 'me too' which rather sincere or nothing at all.

 

He watch the girl moving away. He's now having second thought. Maybe his friends were right about her. Maybe she didn't see chanyeol as a boyfriend at all. 

Chanyeol is confuse what to believe. He just walk over and decided to go to the coffee shop to freshen up. Maybe at least he could apologize to baekhyun if its his shift at this moment.

 

On his way. He heard a voice and a familiar figure at the street. In front of the coffee shop It was jongin. He tried to approach him but he was talking over the phone. So he decided to stand, wait til their conversation will be finished

 

"How about later?" He asked.

 

"Okay. I wanted you to be strong baekhyun okay?"

 

As soon as chanyeol heard baekhyun's name he was trying to listen to the whole conversion. But it was late because jongin already drop the phone.

 

Jongin glance at his back then he jumps when he saw chanyeol.

 

"How. How. How long were you been their?"

 

"I don't know. Maybe thirty seconds ago."

 

"Were you eavesdropping?" Jongin

 asked

 

"I wasn't." He lied. He wanted to ask so badly why baekhyun needs to be strong.

 

"Where are you heading?"

 

"Coffee shop. Obviously" chanyeol replied since he went cross the street on his way to the coffee shop.

 

"Wait up" jongin said.

 

When they entered the shop he saw luhan at the counter but one more thing that struck them most. Sehun was their sitting talking to a person with green hair.

 

"Waahh. Sehunnah" jongin scream running towards him and giving him a hug.

"Hyuuungg" sehun excitedly scream.

 

"Waa.. you're so cool" petting his hair.

 

"Hyuung. Your messing up my hair." Sehun complained and he is fixing his hair.

"And now you are becoming a brat"

Chanyeol seated then he said "i thought you were in america?"

 

"I did. But it was only for one week. My mo just want me to test whether the clothes will pass to my taste an i was just say it is."

 

"What's with the cool hairdo?"

 

"Hyung I'm debuting as an artist from SM ent."

 

"Really?" Jongin said

 

 "congratulations"

 

"By the way this is l.joe. we are actually debuting as a group"

 

Chanyeol and jongin greet him and talk about things. 20 Minutes later jongin took a glance at his watch.

 

"I'm sorry. I need to excuse myself i need to take care some business." Jongin said. Then leave the scene

Chanyeol remembers their conversation a while ago. He badly needs to Talk to baekhyun. He gets his phone to call him but he's not answering.

 

L.joe. stands up and went to the counter to get his order.

L.joe notice that the other bread was smaller even if he order the same bread.

 

"Excuse me. Why this bread is small?" L.joe asked.

 

"I told the baker to not put yeast on it. Your friend doesn't really like to eat bread."

 

"Okay" l.joe went back to the table.

 

"Sehunnah. Do you know the guy at the counter?"

 

Sehun just nod.

 

"Really?"

 

"He's the reason why i audition to become an artist. He's special though"

 

And chanyeol just laugh his breathe out.

 

-------

 

Like the normal days, the student must attend school. Chanyeol did so. It was musical class when he notice Baekhyun wasn't around. He was wondering why Baekhyun hasn't yet arrived where he was used he arrive first or they go together if they bump each other outside.

 

He put his bag down and settled, then glances at baekhyun's desk.

The instructor arrived and baekhyun is still not on his sit. He began worrying about him and at the same time furious. Why?

 

He knows he made him mad but its not right to miss one meeting just because he doesn't want to see chanyeol. Its not right.

 

"The school intramurals is fast approaching. By that i need to present a good production during the night event." Students make a buzzing noise.

 

"Chanyeol, lay, Chen, baekhyun, and teo. Please come in front please"

 

They step forward except for chanyeol. He was in deep thought that the teacher needs to call him again.

 

"Mr. PARK CHANYEOL!" This time chanyeol is back in reality. He fast forward and meet the other guys on stage.

 

"You will be the finale group that would perform. I want you to create a presentation that'll be the create a scene."

 

 

As the teacher talk to the other students. Chanyeol whisper to chen

 

"Do you have any idea where baekhyun might be?" Whisper chanyeol. Chen then just shrugged his shoulders in reply.

 

"Can i ask for a favor?" Chanyeol said.

 

"What?" Chen said.

 

"Could you call him for me?"

 

"Later"

 

--------

 

Seriously. Is baekhyun that furious to me? He hasn't been attending music class for 3 days. Not only the music class, i mean all the subjects.Chanyeol thought.

After class chanyeol approached the teacher and asked

 

"Ms." Chanyeol called "if you are aware, your student named byun Baekhyun is absent for about three days"

 

"I know." The teacher said "he ask permission to be absent. He said he has personal things to take care. Its okay since tomorrow is the start for your practice."

 

Chanyeol just nod and watch the teacher go. Yixing approach chanyeol when he notice the act.

 

"What was that?" Yixing asked

 

"I was just informing her  that baekhyun is absent." Yixing nod checking his phone.

 

"Do you mind calling him?"

 

"Who. baekhyun?"

 

"Yeah." Chanyeol nod

 

"Why don't you call him yourself?"

 

"He's nit answering. You know that he's upset because of me."

 

"Then call him instead and apologize"

 

"What if he rejects it."

 

"Is their anything you can do?"

 

"Well. That's helpful." Chanyeol said mockingly

 

"Welcome" yixing said

 

Yixing thought chanyeol would leave the conversation but he was wrong.

 

"Hyung please..." chanyeol beg

Yixing turn to chanyeol's direction and studied him while chanyeol was giving him this puppy look.

 

"Yeol. Let me ask you some thing" yixing said

 

"I thought you and baekhyun were just pretending." Yixing said

 

"Yes we where. I was just being concern. Cause....... cause..... cause he is my best friend. " chanyeol use the word best friend in defense.

 

"By any chance. Do you like baekhyun?"

 

"Me?" Chanyeol yelp. "Why would i like baek....... I'm straight. How can i..... its absurd. You know that i have a girlfriend" chanyeol defend himself

 

"You know what? You are talking to much. The answer is just yes or no." Yixing chuckles. "One more thing. Your being defensive."

 

Baekhyun is likable. He can turn people into something. But this case is different. I don't have feelings to  Baekhyun. Or could i?

 

-end-