Chapter 8

Girl is Mine!

Hiromitsu's POV

"I really hate you, Taisuke! I gave you my trust only to learn that it was all a lie that you gave me!" With that, I left for my first class. Aya caught up to me before I could enter the classroom though.

"Wasn't that harsh, Hiromitsu?" She questioned.

"Please, you shouldn't be pitying him... I mean, he just played with my feelings and trust, don't you think that's even worse than what I said?"

"Maybe he had a good reason to do it." She retorted.

"Well, I would love to hear it. Might be a lie just like everything else he's told me." I roll my eyes, pushing past her before taking my seat in the class.

~ ~ ~

It was the end of the day and I haven't seen Taisuke since this morning. Not that I really care since he lied to me and has been keeping secrets from me, but while we lived together, I became accustomed to him. The others too. Without the others, I really only had Taisuke left, even if he did betray my trust. Where is he? I thought. "Looking for Taisuke?" I heard someone ask me. Looking over my shoulder, I see Aya.

"Iie, I could care less about him." I lie before heading out the door of the school.

"Want us to walk with you? You seem lonely." I heard another voice call out to me. Looking behind me, I see Kazuya, Junnosuke, Tatsuya, and Yuichi. I smile at them and nod.

"Arigatou." I say when they're walking beside me.

"No problem." Kazuya smiled at me.

"Where's Taisuke? He wasn't in class." Junnosuke pointed out.

"I didn't see him at lunch either." Yuichi added.

"You guys haven't seen him either?" I asked. They all shook their heads. "And I thought he was only avoiding me..." I sigh.

"Don't worry." Tatsuya said. "Maybe he's at home already." I smiled at him, hoping he was right.

"Yeah, maybe..."

"Let's talk about something else." Kazuya suggested. "This is such a depressing topic." We all agreed and for the rest of the walk, we kept switching the topic to random things. When we finally got to the house, they waved bye to me, leaving me alone to go inside.

"Are you home, Taisuke?" I called out as soon as I opened the door. No answer. I guess not... I thought, taking off my shoes and jacket. Going to the kitchen, I got something to eat while watching a little bit of T.V. When I was done with eating, I decided to do my homework. As I was getting it out, I noticed that it was getting darker outside. Where is that guy? I questioned in my head. Figuring that he might be hanging out somewhere because he didn't want to see me just yet, I went up to our room to start on my homework.

~ ~ ~

Waking up, I saw that Taisuke's bed hadn't been touched. He was gone the whole night? I questioned myself, feeling guilty about saying what I said. If I knew he would do this, I wouldn't have said it even if that's how I was feeling. I didn't mean to upset him this much. Biting my lip, I forced myself out of bed, telling myself that he could take care of himself.

~ ~ ~

"Hey!" Yuichi called to me at lunch. I walked over to where they were sitting before taking a seat beside Tatsuya.

"Taisuke's not with you today?" Tatsuya questioned. I shook my head.

"He never came home last night." I muttered sadly. They looked at each other worriedly before looking back at me.

"What did you say to him that he wouldn't come home?" Kazuya asked. I looked away from him, ashamed with what I had said to Taisuke yesterday. Even if I was mad, he didn't deserve it.

"Don't push it, Kazuya. He looks like he's going to fall apart any second." Tatsuya said, wrapping an arm around me.

"Okay..." Kazuya sighed before frowning. "Look!" We looked over to where his gaze was to see a group of boys fighting. When I looked more closely, it was Kento, Toshiya, Wataru, Yuta, and Takashi! They were physically fighting each other, most likely over Aya. I got up from the table and approached the boys that were to busy fighting to notice me.

"Oi!" I called out to them, pulling Kento and Takashi apart. "Stop this fighting! It's useless!"

"Let me go, Mitsu!" Takashi whined, struggling in my grip. I was holding on to the back of his shirt, so unless he wanted to take it off or rip the fabric a little, he couldn't escape. Same with Kento.

"Don't you guys see that this is pointless? We're friends! We shouldn't let a girl come in between us like this!" I say. Takashi pushed my hand off of him roughly.

"Oh and what gives you the right to say that, Mitsu? Didn't you do the same thing with Taisuke?" He questions me. The other three come behind Takashi and Kento, nodding.

"We heard rumors that you two got into a fight yesterday over Aya." Yuta explained.

"Get your facts straight." I scolded him. "It wasn't over her or any girl for that matter. He was lying to me! I felt betrayed! I mean, my own best friend lied to me." They scoffed.

"He had good reason to lie to you." Toshiya said. Everyone nodded.

"What reason was that?"

"We can't tell you..." Wataru said. "They made us promise not to."

"Who did?"

"Baka!" Toshiya hit Wataru.

"Oi." Wataru hit Toshiya back before the two got into another fight. Yuta stared at them sadly.

"We all like her, so we can't be friends... We're enemies from now on, so stop caring about us like you're still the replacements for our parents, okay Hiromitsu?" He asked me before shouldering me roughly on his way into the school. Kazuya came to me and dragged me away with him and his friends.

"Don't worry about them, they'll be friends again in no time." Kazuya assured. That confident smile of his told me to trust him, but also made me wonder how he knew for sure.

"How do you know that they'll be friends again?"

"This happened to our group too." He admitted. I was shocked and looked around at the other guys for confirmation. They all nodded.

"That time, it was five of us. Kazuya, Tatsuya, Yuichi, Koki, and me." Junnosuke started.

"Koki?" I asked. "One of the guys who you said transferred schools?"

"That's right." Kazuya nodded. "Just like the seven of you, the five of us were inserperable."

"Until she came..." Tatsuya continued, emphasizing "she".

"Who?" I asked.

"I believe her name was Haruna Kojima..." Tatsuya said, looking like he was trying to remember.

"Yeah, that was it!" Yuichi asssured.

"Right, so we all liked her a lot except for Koki who liked another girl." Kazuya got back to the story. "We liked her so much that just like your friends, we each other and became enemies..."

"How did you guys make up then?" I ask.

"Koki was hurt." Yuichi took over the story. "He messed up his ankle somehow and had to go to the hospital."

"Even if we were enemies, we still wanted him to be okay. It's like an instinct that all good friends have. No matter what, even if they're enemies or don't even talk to each other anymore, they will still care for one another." Junnosuke explained.

"So, you guys went to the hospital?"

"Of course." Kazuya nodded. "And, after seeing him so helpless, we decided to at least get along for his sake."

"But, it didn't work... Overtime, we actually did become friends again and forgot about that girl who broke our friendship." Tatsuya finished.

"I really hope that's how it will be with us..." I mutter to myself more than any of the others.

~ ~ ~

When I went home, Taisuke wasn't there, again. Sighing with disappointment, I walked into the lonely house. Where are you, Taisuke? I questioned as I let myself fall on to my bed. I was really worried about him now. He's my best friend and the only one that I have left since the other guys abandoned me. But, where was he? I shouldn't think about it... It'll make me stressed out! I thought to myself, getting off of the bed to go downstairs. But, I lost my balance and fell against the bookshelf that we had in our room. Some books fell to my feet in the process. Groaning with pain, I crouched down to gather the books one by one. But, something was sticking out of one of the books. Curiousity took me over and I looked at what it was. My eyes widened when I read it. No, this can't be right... I thought as I read more of the context. Dropping the paper after reading it, I let tears fall on to the carpetted ground. Taisuke... I thought.


A/N: Double update! But, it was a pretty depressing chapter to write... But, I hope you guys liked it! Keep the comments coming, I love them! Some of the things you guys say is just awesome and funny, honestly! I love to read them! Thank you for all the support! I think there's like 2 chapters remaining before this story is done! We'll see... But, thank you guys again!