Five Years Later

How Long Is Forever?

 

C h a p t e r 1:

 

MinHo woke up from his alarm clock.  He groggily got up and looked around.  He stopped for a moment and looked at his chest.  He pulled out a chain, showing his wedding ring.  He raised an eyebrow, wondering why the ring wasn’t on his ring finger like it always is.  He then looked around the room again.  ‘Why does everything feel different?’ MinHo changed into his practice clothes and grabbed his sac bag before heading to the kitchen.  His eyes widened and he ran back to his bedroom.  He quickly opened the closet and his eyebrow furrowed.  ‘W-Where are MiYoung’s clothes?’  MinHo then walked to the bathroom.  ‘Her stuff is gone!’  MinHo ran to the kitchen, hoping she’s in there cooking breakfast, or to see her shoes, or at least anything of her presence.  He frowned and felt as if someone punched him.

 

                “Yah!  Choi MiYoung!” he yelled in the house.  “This seriously isn’t funny!”

 

MinHo shook his head and looked at the calendar to read his schedule.  ‘Dance practice.  Simple enough, then I can find MiYoung’.  His eyes diverted to the year.  They widened.

 

                “2016?!!!!” he screamed.

 

MinHo ran back upstairs.  He searched his room endlessly for about twenty minutes until his cell phone rang.

 

                “Yobesayo?” he answered tiredly.

 

                “Yah!  You’re ten minutes late.  Where are you?” Onew asked.

 

                “S-Sorry, hyung.  I-I’m on my way,” he sadly said.

 

                “You alright?  You seem down,” Onew asked.  MinHo shook his head.

 

                “I’m fine,” he lied.

 

                “Okay, well hurry, okay?”

 

                “I will.”

They hung up and MinHo got up.  MinHo lightly punched the wall.  ‘Where is she?’  MinHo picked his bag up and put on his shoes before leaving the house and heading to the dance room to practice.  Once he arrived, they danced almost non-stop.

 

                “Guys, let’s take a break again,” Onew said.  The guys nodded and walked to their bags for water.

 

                “MinHo, what’s wrong?” Onew asked.  MinHo stayed silent as he blankly stared his reflection across from him.

 

                “If I ask, you’re going to think something is wrong with me,” MinHo replied.

 

The other three looked at MinHo and sat near him, looking at him worriedly.

 

                “It doesn’t matter, just ask us what’s wrong,” Key said.  MinHo took a deep breath.

 

                “Have you seen MiYoung?” he asked.  Their eyes widened.  They haven’t heard him mention her name in a while.  “Guys, is she alright?  Is she still here?!”

 

                “MinHo, MinHo, calm down,” Key said.

 

                “Hyung, nothing happened to her,” TaeMin said.  MinHo sighed in relief when TaeMin said those words.  “But…it’s a shock that you mentioned her after five years.”

 

                “F-Five years?” he asked confusingly.  The guys nodded.

 

                “I don’t know what happened to you, but…remember?  She just left you?” JongHyun asked.

 

                “Left?”

 

                “You didn’t seem to care.  She doesn’t mention you either, though.  What happened?” Onew asked.  “You two were so close and then suddenly, you’re like this.”

 

                “W-Where is she now?” he asked, not answering Onew’s question.

 

                “As of right now, we don’t know,” JongHyun answered.

 

                “One of you guys knows for sure!” MinHo yelled.  He felt sorry that he did, but he couldn’t take it.  He needed to know.  “Please!”

 

                “I’m sorry, MinHo/hyung,” they all answered.  MinHo just nodded and stood up.

 

                “C’mon, let’s just continue.”

 

                MinHo walked endlessly around the city right after their practice.  When fans asked for photographs and autographs, he smiled and politely accepted their request and after, he’ll quickly start to search again.  ‘MiYoung, where are you?  What the hell happened?’  MinHo lifted his head up and smiled.  ‘Art studio!’  He ran with his might, hoping she’ll be there.  He held onto his knees, panting for breath as he arrived in front of the studio.  He looked up and frowned.  All of the lights were off.

 

                “Damn it,” he muttered in his breath.  “Tomorrow, I’ll be here and the day after just to see if you’re here.”