Always

Writing Compilation

 

Thin brows furrowed, drawing together as the feminine figure balled her hands into tight fists. She tossed and the mattress, as if trying to wriggle away from someone's grasp. Her pink lips parted to let a soft gasp escape and her legs kicked as if her fate depended on them. The taller figure beside her jolted awake at the sudden movement of his beloved. He ran his long fingers through his hair, dark, soulful eyes clouded with concern. Reaching out towards her, he placed a hand onto her shoulder, only to have her jerk away from the contact. A worried frown spread on his face as he proceeded to shake her gently. Still trapped within the walls of her vivid imagination, she only struggled even more, thrashing around in a panic. Not being able to stand the sight, he called her name out tenderly in hopes to calm her down.
 
No sooner had he spoken her name did her own brown eyes shoot open. It was as if his voice had managed to pierce through her overpowering thoughts and safely bring her back to reality. Seeing him before her, she shifted closer, burying her head in his chest. Shivering, a strangled mew escaped from the terrified girl's throat. He her hair while holding her close, at a lost for what to do.
 
"Shhh. It's okay, you'll be fine, it was just a bad dream. I'll always be here," he whispered by her ear.
 
"Always."