Maybe?

Can I Have Your Heart?

 

When Nichkhun woke up the next day, it was already around eleven in the morning and he groaned, frowning as he realized that his room was kind of warm. Pushing away his blanket, he sighed when the cool breeze touched his skin.

“Taec, stop cooking!”

Nichkhun yelled as soon as he heard the loud clanking sound coming from the kitchen and sat up when the sound didn’t stop. Taking a deep breath, he stepped out from the bed and out from the room, eyes focusing at the hallway of the kitchen.

“Taec, what are you doing?”

He asked, looking over his friend who was struggling to cook a fry egg, a freaking egg.

“I’m trying to fry the egg, in case your vision has gotten worse.”

He rolled his eyes and went to the fridge, taking out a bottle of milk and gulped it down.

“I know, but who struggle so much to just fry an egg? And why did you cook instead of going out for lunch?”

Taec stopped flipping the egg and looked at him skeptically.

“I think your vision has gotten worse, like, seriously.”

He raised an eyebrow at that statement. “What?”

“We got a guest, and I’m being polite trying to serve our guest something to eat. So stop looking and start helping.”

Nichkhun pouted and moved over towards his friend, taking the spatula from Taec’s hand and expertly flipped the egg.

“What guest?”

He mumbled halfheartedly and jolted in surprise when he heard a new voice from the entrance of the kitchen.

“Morning hyung,”

He looked at his right and dropped his jaw when he saw Junho was leaning against the frame casually.

“Are you here? Why didn’t I see you earlier?”

Junho chuckled and moved to take the plate from the rack, moving to stand beside him whilst Taec grabbed his bottle of milk and drank it down like some hungry beast.

“I was at the living room, but I think you were so furious about Taec’s hyung burning down the kitchen that you didn’t notice me.”

Nichkhun hummed and chuckled the moment after, putting the fried egg on the plate and took it from Junho’s hand, and nudged the younger to move towards the living room. He put down the plate on the table and the television, whilst Junho sat beside him and start digging into his food.

“I’m going to take a shower because my date is waiting~”

Taec said and ended it with comical laughter, causing the guys in the living room to chuckle at his behavior.

“So, what brings you here?”

Nichkhun asked gently, not wanting the younger to feel like he was unwelcomed in their apartment. Junho wiped his lips once he finished the food and shrugged carelessly.

“I want to have a lunch, but Minjun-hyung had promise with Taec hyung and I don’t know anyone else beside you,”

He grinned teasingly. “Are you asking me for a lunch?”

“No, I’m not asking you for a lunch, come on, let’s eat dinner with me at freaking twelve in the afternoon.”

Nichkhun burst out into laughter at the sarcasm and stood up.

“Well, come on then. I can be your tour guide. Welcome to Korea~”

He sang playfully and Junho laughed, throwing a small cushion at him which he failed to dodge.

“Shut up and get a shower fast. You stink.”

Nichkhun pouted and went into his room, smiling kindly when he felt like he had known Junho forever, like they were some good old friends. He didn’t feel awkward at all to joke around with the younger and maybe, maybe they could be good friends.

****

Nichkhun wore his usual outfit, only to wear one more layer of cloth as he slid in the sweater. The weather nowadays was kind of chilly, well considering winter was only around the corner. Taking his bag, he walked out from the door, instantly knew Taec had gone already once he saw the door to his room was left opened.

“Hey, let’s go,”

He nudged Junho, who was absorbed in watching some show on the television.

“Do you have a class after this?”

“Yeah, at three. How about you?”

They walked out from the apartment building and out into the street.

“I got one too, at four. But it’s a vocal class, so I don’t think I can’t drink any cold water for lunch.”

Nichkhun grinned and casually slung an arm over Junho’s shoulder.

“Really? That’s sad. I’m about to treat you to the most delicious juice in the town.”

Junho rolled his eyes at the teasing. “Yeah, right. It’s not like I never live here.”

“Eh? You lived here once?”

Junho hummed and they took a left corner with Nichkhun just following Junho’s direction. He was never picky about food, so he thought it better to leave the decision to Junho.

“Yeah, when I was in middle school. But then, I went to Australia and only come back now.”

“Ah, why did you go to Australia? I mean, you can study vocal here, in Korea.”

The younger shrugged and Nichkhun ran his gaze away from Junho and looked forward. At the sight of his front, Nichkhun felt something blocked his throat and as usual, his heart started to race faster and his hands went cold. He heard Junho’s voice faintly at the background but all his focus went to the one guy who was standing on the street, looking all cute and adorable with that red muffle around his neck.

“Khun?”

He snapped back to his world at the mention of his name and pouted at Junho, poking the younger’s side with another hand.

“That’s hyung for you boy.”

Junho chuckled and nudged back in protest.

“I’m not a boy, I’m a guy. Anyway, let’s eat here. I heard the food around here is delicious.”

Nichkhun looked up at the restaurant in front of them, reading the name of the restaurant before his eyes flicked back towards the guy, who hadn’t move from his place and was so absorbed playing game with his phone. He chuckled unconsciously because really, who would stand in the middle of the street and played some game on the phone?

“Hyung?” Junho looked up and followed Nichkhun’s gaze, only to beam when he too recognized the guy. “Wooyoung-ah!”

Nichkhun jolted in surprise at Junho’s excited yell and looked at his right. Junho knew Wooyoung? Ah, that’s right. They were together in vocal class. He pouted at his poor memory. How could he forget little things like this?

“Junho—” At the soft voice, Nichkhun looked up at Wooyoung as the younger paused on his words when he recognized Nichkhun. “K-Khun hyung,”

He nodded at the acknowledgement and quickly pulled away his arm from Junho when he saw Wooyoung’s eyes was literally trailing the way his and Junhos’ bodies stuck together.

“Y-You…are about to have lunch?”

He asked a bit awkward because Wooyoung didn’t look at him and the latter hummed weakly.

“Well, great!” Junho beamed excitedly beside. “Khun hyung and I are about to have lunch too, let eat together!”

Wooyoung finally looked up and he so badly wanted him to look at him, but only to meet with disappointment when Wooyoung only looked at Junho. The latter smiled a little, but the smile looked so empty and it made Nichkhun’s heart ached in pain. Why did he look like that? Did something happen?

“Ah, it’s okay…I…don’t want to disturb you both,”

Junho pouted and gripped the front of Wooyoung’s sweater before he started to whine.

“Aww, come on Youngie,”

Wooyoung chuckled and squeezed Junho’s hand with a wider smile but to Nichkhun, it was nothing but a fake smile.

“No, it’s okay. I’m waiting for someone too…”

“Ah, why don’t you tell us earlier? Eyy, are you waiting for your boyfriend?”

Nichkhun’s shoulder dropped down in disappointment. Of course Wooyoung was waiting for Chansung.

“Y-yeah…”

“Well then, we’re going first okay? I’ll meet you at the class. Come on Khun hyung,”

Junho walked first and Nichkhun didn’t know why he said that, but he felt like he really needed to talk Wooyoung. Maybe he had a fight with Chansung, or—he just had a problem, that’s why he looked so sad and fragile. Without thinking much, he reached for Junho’s hand and gave it a little squeeze.

“You go first, I’ll be there as fast as I can, okay?”

Junho beamed his agreement and walked into the restaurant, leaving Nichkhun and Wooyoung standing there awkwardly. Why did he feel awkward anyway?

“Y-You better get going, Junho is waiting,”

The voice was small and tiny but it was enough for Nichkhun to hear it. The younger was looking down at his feet and it just made him thousand times cuter. Smiling, he took one step forward and adjusted the red muffler around Wooyoung’s neck, instantly causing the younger to blush as he looked up with heated cheeks.

“Hyung?”

“You look adorable with this muffler,”

The younger blushed some more, biting his lower lip and reached for Nichkhun’s front sweater, squeezing it in protest.

“I’m a guy, I shouldn’t be adorable,”

He whimpered and Nichkhun chuckled, grateful that the awkwardness was gone like it didn’t even exist in the first place. He pulled up the red muffle so it almost covering Wooyoung’s mouth and cooed playfully.

“Aww, look at you, so adorable~”

Wooyoung pouted and squeezed his sweater harder.

“Hyung~!”

Laughing, he let go of the muffler and brushed the heated cheek with his knuckles just for a brief of moment, but it was enough to make Wooyoung closed his eyes at the sensation of the warm touch.

“I’ll be going first then, Junho is waiting.”

At that, Wooyoung looked up at him, opening his mouth to say something, but closing it back, opening it again and Nichkhun laughed at the gesture. He pulled his hands back and put them into his sweater’s pocket, obviously aware on the tiny squeeze Wooyoung made on his grip.

“What is it?”

He asked gently and Wooyoung gripped his sweater a little tighter.

“Is...Is Junho that someone special you guys talked about?”

Nichkhun blinked in surprise, sincerely was in state of shock because he didn’t expect for the younger to remember it.

“Y-yeah,” Nichkhun paused and quickly caught Wooyoung’s hand when he let go of his sweater, feeling his blood rushing inside and he swore his ears were as red as tomato by now. He didn’t know why, but he had this strong urge to explain to the younger. “Y-yeah, he is— he’s that someone special, but not my special someone.”

Wooyoung blinked and bit his lower lip the moment after, leaving Nichkhun wondering why before he noticed that the younger was trying hard to not smile.

“O-Okay hyung,”

The smile this time was absolutely mesmerizing and Nichkhun liked to think that he was the criminal behind the crime. Slowly letting go of Wooyoung’s hand, he cleared his throat out of embarrassment.

“I-I need to go, Junho is waiting. Uhm, take care.”

Wooyoung nodded his head with a smile that he didn’t bother to hide anymore.

“You too, take care. It’s kind of cold, s-so, don’t forget to wear more clothes.”

Nichkhun refused to admit that those tiny little advices almost, almost made him squealed in happiness. At the end, he settled down with a brief nod and went into the restaurant.

****

“I didn’t know that you’re close with Wooyoung,”

Junho said casually, eating his ice cream with excitement that matched with a five years old kid. Nichkhun chuckled lightly, covering his frantic heartbeat like he had been caught from doing something wrong.

“Yeah, I met him at the studio. Have you gone to the studio?”

Junho pouted and shook his head sadly. “No, not yet. But Taec hyung brought me to café and basketball court the other day. You’re in the basketball team?”

Nichkhun hummed and grinned happily when his dessert came. Junho laughed and went to scoop a spoonful of his banana split. Nichkhun pouted despite his mind was full of his memory eating ice cream with Wooyoung yesterday night.

“Hey, that’s my ice cream!”

“Oh! It’s good! This is really good!”

Curious at Junho’s reaction, he quickly ate his dessert and beamed together with Junho, only to laugh later on when they realized that they were acting like children who just got their favorite toys. Finishing their lunch as quick as they could, they walked towards the college because it almost three and Nichkhun got a class after this.

“Hyung, thank you for the lunch!”

Junho beamed excitedly and he laughed, bringing the younger closer to his side by wounding his arm across his shoulder.

“I had fun, so thank you too.”

“Alright then, I’ll see at the basketball court?”

He raised his eyebrow at the sudden question before he smiled teasingly. “You’re still trying to beat me in that game?”

“Correction, not still trying, will beat you.”

Nichkhun made some funny faces towards the younger and Junho rolled his eyes, pushing him away towards his class direction with a wide smile. Nichkhun laughed some more and bid his friend a goodbye, before he turned around quickly and called for the younger, who already started to walk away.

“Junho!”

Junho turned around and made an annoyed face from distant. Tch, this little brat. He grumbled playfully.

“What?”

“Come hang out with us sometimes!”

Junho made a thumb up from afar and he chuckled at the cuteness.

“Sure hyung! See you around!”

With that, he walked off towards his class and pouted sulkily at the end of the day when he didn’t see Wooyoung at all after their first accidental meeting. Well, maybe he was busy with Chansung after all.

****

Taec took two glasses from the rack, along with the red wine and walked out into the living room. He smiled when he saw Minjun was already getting comfortable on the couch. The light was out and the only source of light they got was from the television.

“Are you going to stand there all night or what?”

Minjun teased and Taec snapped back into reality, grinning as he walked over, putting down the glasses and the wine before he swiftly pulled his lover into a kiss. It was a simple kiss—where Taec brushed his lips against Minjun’s and pecked it one last time before he plopped himself beside the older. Minjun made some coherent noise at the background and Taec laughed, knowing that his lover was embarrassed at the sudden kiss.

“Don’t do it so sudden like that!”

The older protested and he hummed, pulling Minjun by the way so he was draped all over his broad chest.

“Why? I thought you like kissing me,”

Minjun grumbled but hugged him anyway, causing Taec’s heart to fly high into the fluffy sky.

“Of course I do, but give me a warning or anything. Khun might even walk in when you did that.”

Taec rolled his eyes. “Khun was already in his room. He’s back early today.”

Minjun’s ear perked up in interest at the mention of that as he looked up at Taec.

“Really? Why did he come back so early?”

Taec shrugged, running his fingers through the back of Minjun’s hair, unconsciously massaging his scalp where his lover purred in satisfaction.

“I don’t know, maybe he got nothing to do.”

The older hummed and leaned in to nose Taec’s cheek, causing the younger to chuckle at the affection. Minjun rarely showed him in affection at all when they were in public, but when it was just the two of them, the older made sure that he was been loved and pampered enough.

“You know he went out with Wooyoung yesterday right?”

Taec looked down and kissed Minjun’s nose playfully. “What are we, some gossip boys?”

The latter pouted and hit his chest, signaling him that he was serious and Taec should stop being playful for a moment. “Yeah, I know baby. He told me last night.”

Minjun hummed and snuggled into his warm embrace.

“I think Wooyoung like Khun—I mean, he will like Khun if they keep on being that way.”

“I thought he like Chansung?”

Minjun took his hand and played with his fingers absentmindedly and Taec just loved this moment, where they could just lay down and enjoyed each other company.

“He does, but you know about Chansung’s past. And now that Junho is back, I don’t want to think what will happen when those two meet.”

“Mm, Junho doesn’t know Chansung is here, right?”

Minjun nodded in silent, putting down his fingers and turned to face him completely. Taec blinked in confusion, didn’t really sure what he’s supposed to do but grinned the moment after when Minjun wound his arms around his neck with a teasing smile.

“Well, let’s stop talking about them and start talking about us.”

He hummed sensually at Minjun’s low voice, slipping his hand under his lover’s shirt and caressed that smooth back.

“I think we should get marry,”

He teased, kissing Minjun’s cheek and trailed it down to his jaw. His lover shivered obviously from his teasing and threw his head back when Taec nipped at the skin of his neck, opening his mouth in soundless moan.

“I-I think we should. When you finish your college and—ahh, get a decent job,”

Grinning against the sensitive skin, he playfully at some spot, causing Minjun to completely melt into his arms and he wasted no time in pulling his lover closer than close.

“Will do, sir.”

****

 

A/N : Is it short? Is it confusing? Tehee~ I hope you enjoy this one! :D