Ice Cream

Can I Have Your Heart?

 

“Submit the report on next Monday!”

Nichkhun sighed literally when he knew the dateline. He got basketball practice this Saturday and piano practice on Sunday, and today was already Friday. So when the hell he would find a time to make the report?

“Aww, don’t pout baby. You will lose your fans,”

Taec teased and he laughed, packing his bag and walked out from the class together.

“I don’t have a fan,”

“Correction please, fans—not a fan.”

“Oh please, do you think you can forever hide those chocolates you got from the girls under the couch? Really Taec?”

Taec pouted and nudged his side in protest.

“I can’t eat them like you did because I will get fat in a second and Minjun will hate me!”

“I don’t get a chocolate,”

He denied and Taec was about to argue on his statement when a girl came up to them, face blushing terribly red as she forced the box to Nichkhun’s chest, causing the guy to grip it fast before it fell down.

“I hope you have a good day oppa!”

With that, the girl ran away, leaving Taec and him speechless for a moment.

“Well, here goes my lunch.”

Nichkhun said in hesitation and Taec turned at him in disbelief.

“What? But you promise to eat lunch with me!”

“I can’t hang out too long Taec. I need to finish the assignment and considering it is you I’m about to hang out with, I don’t think I’ll be able to do anything till night.”

“I don’t have such a bad influence on you,”

His friend sulked and Nichkhun laughed freely.

“Don’t sulk, you can ask Minjun?”

“I told him I wanted to have a good lunch time with my best friend but then he suddenly rejected me just because a box of lunch.”

“Yeah,” Nichkhun paused to put the box in his bag as he looked at the library direction. “I think you can survive someway somehow. Gotta go, bye!”

With that, he jogged towards the library and Taec rolled his eyes when he waved at him.

“You heartless person! Don’t come back home today!”

He laughed some more at the childish reaction of his friend and gave a flying kiss from afar.

“I got a key of my own~!”

“Yah!!”

****

After finishing his lunch by the bench near the library, Nichkhun walked into the library, smiling kindly at the receptionist.

“Good afternoon,”

He greeted and the girl blushed, mumbling her greeting back before he proceeds to the back. The library was quite full considering tomorrow was a holiday. Taking his place at the table furthers from the door, he sat down and turn on his laptop, sighing when he flipped through the pages of the assignment.

“Why did she need so much information about environment?”

He mumbled, frowning at some questions that he swore he never saw them before.

“Maybe because no one cares enough about the environment these days, and she wants you to realize that?”

A voice surprised him and he looked up quickly, finding his beating faster like it always did whenever Wooyoung was near.

“Wooyoung,”

He called out and the guy smiled shyly, his hands were full of books and with that black leather jacket, Nichkhun couldn’t find any reason to deny that he looked hot.

“Hi, doing assignment?”

He blinked and nodded slowly, his hands when the urge to ran his fingers across the smooth black hair was getting stronger.

“Where’s Chansung? I didn’t see—” Nichkhun paused abruptly when he realized that Wooyoung was still standing in front of him. “Oh, if you don’t mind, please have a seat.”

The guy in front of him chuckled and pulled the seat before he sat comfortably. Nichkhun sighed lightly and cursed at himself when the thought appeared. Damn, why did Wooyoung looked so huggable today?

“I should be the one who ask you that,”

He blinked in confusion. “Ask me what?”

“Do you mind if I sit here? – that kind of ask.”

He chuckled when the sarcasm was getting better.

“Well, please forgive me then. I thought someone will take you away, so I better ask you fast before you run to someone else.”

He didn’t meant to flirt, he swore, he didn’t even have the intention to – he didn’t even thought about it at the slightest but it’s all coming out when he was with the guy. Wooyoung blushed at his words and bit his lower lips, looking so unsure to reply and he felt bad, making him felt uncomfortable with him.

“I’m sorry,” He mumbled, eyes pleading and Wooyoung looked up at him in surprise. “I’m sorry for making you feel uncomfortable, I didn’t mean it.”

The latter gasped and he raised his both of his hands and waved them in front of him, eyes looking frantic and those chubby cheeks stayed in red.

“No no no! Please don’t think like that! You never make me feel uncomfortable, in fact I love it when I can spend my time with you!”

Realizing what he just said, Wooyoung blushed in total red, feeling his body heating in embarrassment and whimpered in defeat, hiding his face into his arms as he leaned on the table. Nichkhun blinked in surprise. Well, that was unexpected.

“I’m sorry~”

Wooyoung mumbled from his hiding place, a hint of whine was clear in his voice and Nichkhun chuckled fondly. Really, how cute this guy could be? Reaching out his hand, he ruffled Wooyoung’s hair playfully as he lips curled into a happy smile.

“Don’t be, you’re adorable whenever you blurted out something you shouldn’t.”

Wooyoung whimpered some more and the ruffling action turned to caress as Nichkhun ran his fingers through the soft hair – touching and caressing. The younger looked up a little so that only his eyes were seen.

“I’m not always adorable, right?”

The muffle voice just increased the level of cuteness and Nichkhun looked down in affection.

“Why, you don’t want to be one?”

“Mmm, a guy shouldn’t always be adorable. He should be manly, or handsome.”

He sighed in happiness and watched when Wooyoung slowly turned sleepy at every caress of his hand.

“I think you handsome, but when you blush, you become adorable.”

The sleepy eyes turned wide again and Wooyoung hide his face into his arms back.

“Then don’t look at me right now, or else you will say me adorable again.”

Chuckling, Nichkhun was aware when his heart suddenly became lighter whenever he had a talk like this Wooyoung and how he became the happiest person when he was the criminal behind Wooyoung’s blush.

“One of your ways to tell me that you’re blushing now?”

“Who won’t blush when a guy as handsome as you praise them,”

“You think I’m handsome?”

Nichkhun asked, a little too excited than he should be and the younger whimpered again.

“I shouldn’t say that,”

He laughed freely and kept his hand moving, feeling the soft hair under his touch.

“Mmm, hyung, it feels nice.”

“What? Falling asleep in the library?”

He teased and Wooyoung’s right hand went to hit his hand in protest, before it went back to the hiding place. Man, this level of cuteness was so going to kill him someday. Sitting there in silent, he kept caressing the shiny black hair and watched Wooyoung’s back risen up and down in calm as he breathed.

“Wooyoung? Are you asleep?”

He asked in a low voice and when he got no reaction from the younger, Nichkhun looked around and felt somewhat satisfied when everyone in the hall was focusing on their book. Taking a deep breath, he stood up a little and placed a chaste kiss on Wooyoung’s head before he quickly pulled back, face blushing in red.

Calming down his frantic heartbeat, he turned back to his forgotten assignment, lips curving into a silly smile when he realized that how it was so easy for him to forget everything once he with Wooyoung.

****

 “Hey, wake up sunshine,”

Nichkhun gently nudged the sleeping Wooyoung, watching him stirring in his sleep before he opened his eyes, closing them, and opening them again. A satisfied smile was playing on Wooyoung’s lips as he sat up properly, stretching his arms and damn, his bed hair looked so y. Or at least, Nichkhun called it as bed hair, although Wooyoung just merely taking a nap.

“For someone who came to library with dozen of books, you look very satisfied.”

Wooyoung chuckled at his words and rubbed his sleepy eyes with the back of his hand. At that cute gesture, he pulled his gaze away before he couldn’t stop himself from leaning over and just kissed him on the cheek.

“Are you done already?”

He looked up again and nodded with small smile, which Wooyoung returned it with a pout.

“It’s not fair, now I need to do my assignment at home.”

Nichkhun laughed and stood up, motioning for Wooyoung to do the same as the library was about to close. There were only both of them in the hall and Nichkhun just noticed that it almost late six in the evening.

“I didn’t put a spell on you to make you sleep.”

“Yeah, but your hand did.”

He grinned as they both packed their things into the bag, walked out from the library and out into the streets. The lamp posts along the street were already on, the blue sky had turned dark and the sun was about to disappear behind the horizon.

“You know what other things my hand can do?”

Nichkhun would like to think that it’s because the weather was so cold at the outside and both he and Wooyoung need some warmth to keep them warm, that’s why they were walking shoulder to shoulder right now. Yeah, that reason seemed to be the most logical reason he could ever think of.

“What?”

“Cooking, studying, shooting the ball into the basket, badminton, golfing, driving—”

“Okay okay! Stop it, you high class mister!”

Wooyoung said with laughter and he joined him a second after.

“I’m not boasting, for your information.”

“Yeah, right. Golfing is a hobby that everyone can play, that everyone can pay for it and of course, it’s not expensive at all. Not at all,”

Nichkhun burst into laughter at the obvious sarcasm as they both entered the food street unconsciously. The street was full of people and the delicious smell of food filled their noses.

“Of all things I said, you only heard the golf?”

The younger pouted. “Hey, I hear everything okay! I have a very good hearing sense.”

“Then, name them.”

He looked down on his right at Wooyoung, a teasing smile ended his request as Wooyoung suddenly looked everywhere but him.

“Oh, look! Ice cream store! Let me buy you some ice cream hyung!”

With that, the younger suddenly dragged him towards the store, with him whining along the way.

“Hey, this is the real not fair! You’re avoiding my request and for that, I’m going to pick the most expensive ice cream in the store!”

Wooyoung stopped abruptly on his feet and turned around with a gasp, which he laughed and brushed him off before he started running towards the store, this time, with Wooyoung following from behind, whining loudly at him.

“But hyung, I don’t have much money!”

****

They settled down by the window with large bowls of ice cream in their hand, both were stifling their laughter so hard that they almost tripped the bowls. Once they put the bowls safely on the table, Nichkhun and Wooyoung bend over and laughed out loud, holding their stomachs and pointedly ignored other people.

“You should have seen her face when we ordered the ice cream!”

“Shh, Wooyoung not that loud!”

“We ordered so much and so fast that she almost got pissed at us.”

“Well, you start the ‘order as fast as we can thing’ first.”

Nichkhun said as his laughter gradually calmed down, with Wooyoung also started to sit properly and took a scoop of ice cream into his mouth. But their cheerful smiles were still there, and Wooyoung still laughed from time to time.

“Oh well, served her for always looking at you,”

Nichkhun faked a surprise gasp. “Oh my, don’t tell me you’re jealous!”

Wooyoung pouted with heated cheeks, scooping a big scoop of ice cream and shove it into his mouth.

“What if I did? I’m cute too, so why won’t she look at me?”

The teasing smile on Nichkhun’s lips turned into a fond smile before he reached out and brushed Wooyoung’s nose with the tip of his finger.

“Any person who won’t look at you for the second glance is so stupid to realize that you’re cute, adorable and easy to blush.”

He ended with a teasing line, hoping that he could cover on how fast his heart raced when he told Wooyoung that.

“Hyung, stop teasing me~! Or else, I take your ice cream back.”

He laughed and reached for his spoon, scooping out the ice cream and put it into his mouth, feeling the ice cream slowly melt on his tongue and made a face at Wooyoung.

“Say the one who forgot that he didn’t bring his wallet at the counter,”

Wooyoung blushed furiously, nipping at his spoon in shy manner as he looked down at his mountains of ice cream. Sensing this, Nichkhun smiled and scooped some ice cream from Wooyoung’s bowl casually, holding it in front of the younger boy.

“It’s okay, next time, I give you the privilege to buy me another ice cream, okay?”

He said with assuring manner and feed the blushing boy, who looked up at with bright eyes.

“Really? I can?”

“Eh? Of course you can, it’s your money after all.”

Wooyoung pouted and he watched when the younger imitated his action, taking a spoonful of ice cream from his bowl and feed him, which he automatically opened his mouth to welcome the spoon. His heart skipped a beat at the gesture and he was glad that store had a light orange lighting because if it’s not, Wooyoung would see how red his face was.

“I didn’t mean that—I mean, can I? Because you look like a very busy person—like, first you have to attend the class, then the piano practice, the basketball, and the student council club and plus, you are a final year student, so that means you’ll have lots of projects waiting to be done.”

He blinked when Wooyoung finished talking and chuckled.

“You make me looks like I’m a very busy person.”

The younger pouted in protest. “But it’s true, right?”

Humming in agreement, he scooped another spoonful of ice cream and watched the scene outside from the big window, looking at the street like he was interested on it when the object of his interest was sitting right in front of him.

But then, he remember about the object of Wooyoung’s interest and suddenly his heart felt cold again, his blood was almost freezing at the thought of them. He threw his gaze away and wondered if they thing they were doing was right or wrong. Was it okay if Chansung knew they spent time together like this? Would Chansung be mad?

Still, the main reason circulated around Wooyoung after all. Was the time they spent together was important enough for them to argue on? Would Wooyoung treasure their time together, as much as he did?

“Yeah, but I can always make time for you.”

But I’m not sure you can do the same.

****

“Well, the dinner was great!”

Wooyoung said brightly as they stopped at the street, where they would be going on their different ways. Nichkhun chuckled and ruffled the younger’s hair.

“I’m glad you think it’s great. I was worried that I might be boring to you.”

“What? I never get boring when I’m with you,”

And Nichkhun watched how Wooyoung’s cheek slowly turned red as the younger bit his lower lips and looked down shyly.

“Saying something too fast again?”

He teased and the blushing boy looked up, puffing his cheeks in protest.

“Well, in case you don’t know, we call it as honesty.”

A small chuckled escaped his lips as he took one step closer, adjusting Wooyoung’s leather jacket fondly.

“Okay Mr.Honesty. It’s getting late and you should be heading home by now. Minjun-hyung might be worry.”

With that, he let go of the jacket and blinked when the younger looked at him with unreadable gaze.

“What?” He asked in confusion and Wooyoung pulled his gaze away, shaking his head with a small smile.

“Nothing, thank you hyung. I’ll see you around.”

“Okay, take care.”

Nichkhun watched as Wooyoung slowly drifted further away from him and sighed for no reason. Putting both of his hands in his pocket, he walked back towards his apartment, contemplating whether he should be happy or sad about the moment they spent together.

The happy thing was when they spent the time together, of course, he couldn’t deny that. But the sad thing was, Wooyoung belonged to Chansung and Nichkhun should really stop now if he didn’t want to hurt himself more than he already hard.

The hardest thing was, he’s unable to stop. And that’s mean—

 ****

“You are so ed up,”

Taec commented once he finished telling him the story and Nichkhun rolled his eyes in annoyance. He stood up and pushed the giant until he fell down from the couch.

“Shut up Taec,”

And he went to sleep that night, wondering if he should make his decision now or just enjoyed the moment a little bit longer.

****

When Wooyoung reached the apartment, it’s already 11 pm and the living room was dark. Thinking that maybe Minjun was already asleep, he went straight to his room, taking a quick shower and wore a long sleeve shirt, because tonight was chilly and cold somehow.

Then, he went out back and made himself a hot chocolate, letting his mind wondering about this evening. It was fun— spending time with Nichkhun and to be honest, he was quite surprised himself on how comfortable he got when he was with Nichkhun because they barely knew each other.

His mind flashed back to where they were sitting in library. Nichkhun’s touch was calming and when he’s already at the verge of falling asleep, that kiss came and he swore his heart was beating so loud to the point it almost hurt himself. Why did he felt like this? Shouldn’t he felt this way when he’s with Chansung only?

Putting a palm against his chest, Wooyoung took a deep breath, forcing his heartbeat to calm down at the memory. Taking his cup from the counter, he walked out into the living room, only to squeak in surprise when Minjun was looking at him, sitting on the couch in the dark.

“Hyung! You scared me!”

He whined, turning on the light and Minjun laughed loudly.

“Why? I’m not a ghost,”

He pouted, holding the cup firmer and walked over, plopping himself beside his hyung.

“Well, ghosts usually sit in the dark, waiting for their victims and scared the hell out of them.”

Minjun chuckled and put an arm across his shoulder before he snuggled into the embrace, sipping his hot chocolate calmly.

“Did you have fun today?”

That question got him blushing for no reason and Wooyoung shut his eyes for a second when all he could ever see was Nichkhun’s smile, his eyes narrowing when he laughed, his blushing red ear—Wooyoung really should stop thinking.

“Youngie?”

“Uhm, y-yeah, I had fun.”

Minjun hummed and leaned his head against him.

“And I can see that you’re having fun with someone else, someone that is not Chansung.”

Wooyoung gripped the cup tighter, it’s not that he’s afraid—no, Minjun was not angry or anything, it was merely a statement. He knew that—but he’s starting to feel guilty at Chansung. Did this mean that he was cheating on him? But—how could he cheat on Chansung when he still loved the guy?

“I love Chansung, hyung…”

He whimpered out of nowhere, and Minjun smiled against his hair.

“I know you do, and I know he does too. But if you love him enough, your heart won’t waver towards someone else,”

The voice was gentle, calming and kind and Wooyoung was grateful for that.

“Am I…am I cheating on him hyung?”

“No, you’re not cheating on him. You still love Chansung, don’t you?”

Wooyoung nodded his head timidly. He loved that guy—the very existence of Chansung was enough to lit up his world, his laughter was bringing happiness to him and when Chansung kissed him, he could feel that fluttering feelings inside—how his heart beating faster, how his blood rush across his body.

“And you didn’t lie to him, right?”

At that, Wooyoung looked up a little and stared at his hyung in confusion.

“I mean, when you went to hang out with Nichkhun earlier, you told Chansung about it when he asked, right?”

“O-Of course I did hyung. Why would I lie to him?”

Minjun smiled and took the cup away from him, putting it on the table in front of them and pulled the younger into comforting hug. Wooyoung sighed happily and wrapped his arms around Minjun’s, closing his eyes sleepily.

“Then, you’re not cheating on him, I guess,”

He hummed weakly, opening his eyes when the image of Nichkhun was smiling suddenly appeared at the back of his mind.

“But, I don’t love him enough, don’t I?”

There was a long paused between them and he was getting sleepy.

“That’s for you to decide, not me.”

He loved Chansung, he loved that guy. And if someone asked him to let go of the younger, he didn’t think he could survive a day without him. Because Chansung was always there for him, through thick and thin, just being there and  made him happy all over again.

But Nichkhun—he was entirely a different case for him. He blushed so easily when Nichkhun was around, his heart skipped a beat when Nichkhun touched him and he longed for his presence when he was away. Why did he feel like this? Why did Nichkhun affected him so much?