Advice & Fever

Can I Have Your Heart?

A/N : Well, another chapter :D Thank you for the support, and I've changed the tag. Thank you for pointing it out to me, you know who you are, chuuu~ :*

 

****

 

“You’re in love.”

Nichkhun choked on his meat, eyes wet in tears as he coughed terribly. Taecyeon quickly passed him a glass of water, patting his back in concern as he gulped down the water greedily, feeling the meat passed his throat and he came to breathe in peace when the cough gradually and slowly stopped.

“Taec, did you just try to kill me?!”

Taec laughed his silly laughter, all of his concern vanished when he saw how red Nichkhun face was.

“I wanted to say I do, but I love you too much to kill you now. Not when your roommate has a good cooking skill.”

Nichkhun glared when Taec ended his line with silly laughter.

“Well, thank you for the beautiful confession. I’m so touched to be loved by you, even though you at giving me advice.”

“Well, you asked me for the answer, and I gave you just that.”

“Shut up, I don’t know why I told you this in the first place.”

Nichkhun grumbled in annoyance, pushing Taec’s face away from him when his friend grinned teasingly in front of his face. The show on the television was left forgotten as both of them were engaged in the conversation.

“You told me this because you’re confused. And stop with this I don’t know what I’m feeling right now thing. We’re in college, not some ing middle school. You know so well that you’re in love, but you just too afraid to admit it.”

He fell into a deep silence upon hearing Taec’s words.

“B-But, how can I fell in love with him? I just met him today and god sake, he got a boyfriend!”

“Call it love at the first sight,” Taec paused and reached for his phone when it buzzed. A silly smile plastered on his friend’s face and Nichkhun was sure that it was Minjun who just sent him a message.

“And about the boyfriend thing, don’t take it too serious. You’re handsome dude, all girls are willing to jump over the cliff to have you. You just have to seduce him a little and bam! He’s yours.”

He glared at Taec’s angrily and snatched the phone away from his friend’s grip.

“Hey, give me back my phone!”

Taec whined and Nichkhun ignored it completely as he jabbed his finger against Taec’s broad chest repeatedly.

“Careful with your words, mister. How would you feel if I seduce Minjun and snatch him away from you?”

Taec watched him in disbelief and he was taken aback by the amount of surprise filled Taec’s eyes. Feeling somewhat completely exposed, Nichkhun cleared his throat and went back on his seat again.

“Khun, you’re really in love.”

Taec muttered out with surprise and he refused to look at his friend. So what if he was? his theory about falling in love at the first sight.

“Oh god, I’m so sorry Khun. I thought you were kidding because I know how you strongly oppose about this first sight thing.”

He sighed in defeat and put Taec’s phone on the table in front of them.

“I know. And I don’t know if I’m really in love with him but – I can’t stop thinking about him and thinking about how he went away with Chansung this evening, somehow hurt me.”

There was a long silence between them, like a pause in a movie.

“So, he’s dating with Chansung?”

“…I guess so.”

“Does, this Wooyoung really like Chansung then?”

Nichkhun wanted so much to say no, that Wooyoung only saw Chansung as his friend but he was there to witness it when Chansung lit up Wooyoung’s world just by a simple smile.

“Yeah.”

There was, again, a long pause between them before Taec took his phone and put it safely into his back packet. He stood up and went to their kitchen, grabbing a dozen of beers and came back to the living room with ignorant face.

“Let’s get drunk.”

His friend said in English and Nichkhun laughed. Maybe that was the best solution one could ever give him. Get drunk and forget everything. Even it meant only for a night. At least Wooyoung’s face stopped appearing at the back of his mind.

****

“Remind me again when you want to get drunk although we have a class in the morning.”

Nichkhun grumbled and Tace laughed half-heartedly. They both had terrible hang over but too afraid to skip the class as the lecture was very strict about the attendance.

“I’m sorry that I tried to make you happy last night.”

Taec retorted back and he chuckled. They both were walking slowly towards the class because their heads were aching so much and Nichkhun felt like puking. Oh god, please not now.

“Taec!”

A voice could be heard from distance and before Nichkhun could look up to see the person, Taec was already squealing like a high school girl who just met his crush.

“Junnie!”

Taec whined and once Minjun within his arm reach, his friend pulled his lover into a hug and pressed his face into Minjun’s shoulder.

“Junnie, my head hurts~”

Taec whimpered and Minjun ran his fingers through his hair absentmindedly, hoping his touch could at least calm the beast down. Nichkhun watched from aside in amusement and smiled when his eyes met Minjun’s.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Khun.”

“Ah, Khun. Taec told me about you. I’m Minjun.”

“Junnie, stop ignoring me!”

Taec whimpered childishly and Nichkhun laughed when Minjun smacked the back of Taec’c head softly, asking his lover to be quiet for a second.

“Are you going to class now?”

“Yeah, but I don’t think Taec will go with me, not when he have found you.”

Nichkhun teased and Minjun smiled shyly.

“Well, I’m going to give him so rest and buy him some drinks. Maybe, I’ll see you around lunch time?”

“Yeah, but don’t wait for me.”

He said with a smile and Minjun quickly looked away when he blushed at Nichkhun’s charm. Bidding his goodbye, he rushed to his class, gripping the side of his head tightly as the effect of the hangover started to hurt him.

Less to say, he survived his morning class, but not without taking some nap here and there and refused to talk to any girls who tried to confess to him. When the lunch time arrived, he remembered about Taec and Minjun but was too much in pain to go down to the cafeteria. Instead, he went to the studio, sighing in relief when it was empty.

His head was throbbing terribly and he started sweating.

“Damn it, it hurts.”

Nichkhun whimpered to no one, gripping his head tighter in hope for the pain to go away but of course, to no avail. He went to his favorite spot and sat down at the leg of piano and finally, closed his eyes in peace.

“I’m not going to drink with Taec anymore, not during the weekdays.”

And he passed out.

****

When he woke up again, he could feel a damp towel on his forehead as he shivered involuntarily. The towel felt so cold against his hot skin. Groaning in pain, he tried to sit when a hand stopped them, pushing his shoulder back to lie down.

“D-Don’t move hyung,”

That voice, again. He opened his eyes and felt his heart softened when he saw Wooyoung, who was looking over him in concern.

“Wooyoung,”

He sighed dreamily and the said person blushed.

“Y-yes hyung?”

“What are you doing here?”

“I came to practice when I saw you lying on the floor unconsciously. Hyung, your body is burning. Should we go to the clinic?”

Wooyoung murmured worriedly and to be honest, he was too much in pain to even open his eyes. But knowing the sight waiting was worth to look at, he fought to keep his eyes opened and smiled.

“No, it’s okay. It will cool down by tonight. Thank you Wooyoung.”

There was a long pause between them and he coughed a little when he felt his throat was dry. Wooyoung was about to stand up, his face was alert and Nichkhun quickly caught his left hand, eyes pleading.

“Where are you going?”

“I-I’m going to get you some water,”

“No—can you just, stay?”

He knew that he might looked weak, or pathetic even but Wooyoung’s presence was calming him down and he wanted to bask in the warmth given, although it was only for this moment. Seeing his pleading eyes, Wooyoung quickly sat back and grabbed his hand in return.

“It’s okay hyung, I won’t go anywhere. Don’t worry, I’ll be here.”

There’s hint of blush spreading across Wooyoung’s cheek when he finished his words and Nichkhun smiled, gripping Wooyoung’s hand tighter and realized that this was the first time he made a physical contact with the younger.

“Why are you blushing?”

He voiced out in a slow voice and watched Wooyoung turned twice times redder, his gaze was everywhere except on him.

“N-no, I-I’m not bl-blushing,”

He chuckled and squeezed the younger’s hand experimentally, watching he jolted in surprise at the action before he broke out into a fit of laughter. Wooyoung pouted at his teasing and hit his chest lightly.

“Stop teasing me,”

He whined and Nichkhun laughed some more before the laughter died gradually, leaving only a content smile on his face as he slowly closed his eyes.

“It’s been a while since someone take care of me like this.”

There was a long pause between them again and Nichkhun felt rather than saw when Wooyoung moved the damp towel from his forehead, brushing away his bang as he gently wiped the towel across his warm cheeks.

“Where is your family?”

“Mmm, they are in Thailand of course.”

The movement stopped at his nose and Nichkhun could imagine how cute Wooyoung face would be, with that surprise expression written all over his face.

“Thailand? So, you are a Thai?”

Nichkhun hummed and smiled when Wooyoung swiped the towel across his dry lips gently.

“Of course, where do you think I got this handsome face from?”

He heard Wooyoung chuckled as he felt the towel moved to his jaw.

“Boasting,”

“I’m not. How about you?”

“What about me?”

“Are you staying with your family?”

Wooyoung finished wiping his face and somehow, he felt fresher despite his burning body. He never knew hangover could lead to fever.

“My family is in Busan, so I’m staying with Minjun-hyung,”

The younger just put the damp towel across his forehead neatly before Nichkhun opened his eyes instantly once the realization hit him.

“Minjun? Kim Minjun?!”

He shouted unconsciously and Wooyoung shut his eyes for a brief of second at his high voice before the younger chuckled. The towel felt down on the floor as Nichkhun sat up abruptly.

"Yes, Kim Minjun. Now lie down again before your headache getting bad.”

With that, Wooyoung pushed him to lie down on his back again with his right hand gently, taking the towel and put it back on his forehead. Now that he realized this, Wooyoung was using only his right hand to nurse him because he stubbornly didn’t want to let go of Wooyoung’s left hand.

“Are you an expert in doing works by one hand?”

He teased and as expected, Wooyoung blushed and pouted the moment after.

“Stop teasing me hyuuung.”

Wooyoung was about to pull back his hand when Nichkhun gripped it tighter.

“Don’t go away,”

He whispered out of nowhere and Wooyoung fell into a complete silence, staring at him with unreadable gaze.

“T-This is wrong hyung,”

Nichkhun’s heart ached once his mind registered those words. Of course this was wrong, Wooyoung was dating with another guy and here the younger was, holding hand with him. The pain of being rejected indirectly shot straight to his heart and his grip grew weaker until he barely held Wooyoung’s hand anymore.

“H-hyung?”

Nichkhun smiled faintly when he saw Wooyoung was staring at him in guilty.

“I’m sorry, I know you’re datin—”

“Youngie?”

Wooyoung’s head snapped to the source of the voice quickly and a wide smile plastered on the chubby face.

“Chansung!”

The younger stood up and jogged towards Chansung, who was standing by the door with his eyes lit up happily and Nichkhun could feel how the jealousy was burning him from the inside on instant.

“I know you’ll be here. I was waiting for you at the café though.”

“A-ah, really? Ah, I’m sorry! I forgot about our promise!”

Chansung smiled as he reached for his lover’s hand, squeezing it softly.

“It’s okay. What are you doing here anyway?”

Wooyoung blushed happily at their contact but when Chansung shot him the question, he gasped once he remembered he left Nichkhun behind when he heard Chansung’s voice calling for him.

“Khun hyung!”

The giant maknae raised his eyebrow in confusion. “Khun hyung? He’s here?”

Wooyoung nodded quickly, making him looked more adorable than he already was before he yelped in surprise as Chansung gave him a chaste kiss on the cheek.

“I told you to stop being so adorable, right hyung?”

Wooyoung whimpered when Chansung called him that because that was his weakness. Whenever Chansung called him like that, there’s this surge of happiness coming from inside that soon turned into bubbling fluffy clouds.

“Stop it, Khun hyung might see us.”

Chansung grinned teasingly and Wooyoung pulled them inside, finding Nichkhun who was already standing on his feet.

“Hyung, you look so pale! Are you sick?”

Chansung asked in concern as they both rushed towards the Thai and Nichkhun forced a smile when he saw their joined hands.

“I’m okay Chansung-ah, it just a light fever.”

Wooyoung kneeled down to grab the towel and wiped it across Nichkhun’s sweating face, his face was full of concern and Nichkhun’s heart skipped a beat at the gesture.

“Can you play for tomorrow match?”

Match? Oh, Nichkhun completely forget about it. They got a friendly basketball match tomorrow with others’ college.

“Match? Khun hyung plays basketball too?”

Wooyoung asked aloud, eyes widened in pure excitement like a kid who just got his ice cream. Nichkhun and Chansung both chuckled at the cuteness.

“Of course Youngie, if not, how can I be friend with Khun hyung then?”

Wooyoung made some adorable acknowledgment sound before he turned his attention fully on Nichkhun again.

“But hyung, you’re sick. You can’t play tomorrow if your condition is like this. Please, let’s go to the clinic and take the medicine.”

If not for Chansung’s presence, Nichkhun would have long squeezed those chubby cheeks. But he still knew his line, and he could never steal Wooyoung from Chansung. He could never do that to his own friend no matter how much his heart yearned for Wooyoung.

“Well, that’s so sweet of you but my friend is waiting for me right now. Thank you Wooyoung and see you tomorrow Chansung-ah.”

“Take care hyung,”

Chansung patted his back in loving manner and he smiled at the sincerity of his juniors. He nodded once at Wooyoung, chuckling when the younger pouted instead.

“What’s with the pout? You should be yelling me goodbye.”

Wooyoung pouted some more even though his cheeks started to get red.

“I didn’t yell hyung!” And he closed his mouth with his hands instantly when he realized he just yelled at Nichkhun. The Thai laughed and ruffled Wooyoung’s hair, keeping it at friendly manner.

“See you around.”

“O-Okay, please take care of yourself,”

With one last nod at the wish, Nichkhun disappeared behind the door. His head was aching terribly, but so did his heart. He saw the kiss and he heard it himself on how his heart shattered when it was confirmed now that they were really dating.

Sighing, he leaned against the wall as he remembered Wooyoung’s touch. This was why he hated falling in love. Well, looking from the bright side, he couldn't wait for the match tomorrow. His hands were itching to smash the ball on anyone's face, as long as he could vented out his frutration - or his anger - or just his pain of getting brokenhearted so fast.