The Meeting

Can I Have Your Heart?

A/N : This time, it's longer? I think. Enjoy! :D

 

****

 

“Khun, I’m going to hang out with Minjun after the class end, you wanna join?”

Nichkhun packed his stuff into his bag quickly and walked out from the room, holding the phone with right hand. He snorted at Taecyeon’s choice of words.

“Hang out, really? I know you can do better than that Taec.” He laughed when he heard Taecyeon whined childishly at him. “But no thanks, got to send this piano sheet to the studio.”

“Really? Then you will be home late? Should I buy you something then?”

This was the reason why Nichkhun loved to have Taecyeon as his roommate. Chuckling, he voiced out his agreement, wishing his friend to have a good time and cut off the line. Taking the left corner, he went straight to the studio. It was still early in the evening and maybe, he could play a song or two. It’s been a week since he last touched the piano.

Pushing the door from outside, Nichkhun laughed to himself when it made some cracking sound, reminded him so much to the horror movie he watched last night. The studio, as expected, was empty and Nichkhun put the piano sheet on the shelf with a content smile. Putting down his bag on the stage nearby, he went to the piano, stretching out his fingers playfully and opened the cover.

“What song should I play?”

He hummed to himself, noticing that there’s no empty sheet in front of the piano. He was the final year student and had been playing piano since he’s child, so it wouldn’t be much problem if he had the piano sheet or not.

Closing his eyes, he tried to feel the mood as much as possible. The studio was calming, he could hear some faint chatting of people at the background. Maybe they were all rushing to go home, or hang out with some friends or even went on date. Opening his eyes slowly, he smiled and ran his fingers over the keyboard smoothly.

He hadn’t played this song for a while and the last time he played it, he was with his mother back at Thailand. This song sure triggered some nice memories although the melody sounded a little sad. What’s the meaning behind this song? Nichkhun never felt the urge to find out but now that he thought about it, the melody was melancholic, and Nichkhun felt something tugged at his heart. What was it?

“River flows in you,”

A voice came once he finished playing. The voice was slow and soft, and he was surprised that he didn’t feel shock at all, hearing a voice out of nowhere.

“It’s beautiful, you play it beautiful,”

The voice came again and he smiled, already finding himself liking the voice. Looking at his right, he saw a guy standing at the stage, holding some papers in his hands, eyes widened in amazement. The cheeks were colored with hint of blushes and the chubby cheeks made him looked so adorable. His hair looked soft and Nichkhun was left speechless. How could he look so adorable just by standing there?

“But the melody sound a little sad,”

He blurted out suddenly and the guy smiled shyly at his reply. They kept their distance like that, neither was braved enough to take one step forward.

“It is, but the meaning behind this song is beautiful.”

Gulping on nothing, Nichkhun found his hands sweating nervously, his heart was thumping loudly, beating against his rib cage like something big would happened soon. He found himself wanting to hear the guy’s talk more and more and he couldn’t even tear his gaze away from the chubby cheeked guy.

“What is the meaning then?”

He asked softly and watched with adoring eyes when the guy bit his lower lip nervously.

“Uhm, I’m not that good in interpreting a song. But if you want to know, I think this song told us to be brave, t-to overcome the pain before we can reach the happiness.”

The guy stuttered and he found it cute. Sitting sideway on the bench, he faced the stranger completely, a smile was plastered on his face.

“Are you new here?”

“Ah, yes, I’m the new student and just registered into the music’s club this morning.”

Nichkhun hummed. “Ah, a junior then?”

The guy’s eyes widened, probably just realized he was talking to a senior before he bowed slightly at Nichkhun, causing him to chuckle fondly at the action.

“I-I’m sorry hyung! It’s very rude of me to not introduce myself. I’m Jang Wooyong, first year student and major in vocal!”

He smiled, which then turned into chuckled and then turned into small laugh, causing Wooyoung to look at him confusedly.

“H-hyung?”

“Are you always like this when you meet new people?”

Wooyoung blushed in embarrassment when he realized he just told Nichkhun unnecessary information about him. Well, to Nichkhun, it was necessary though.

“I-I’m sorry hyung,”

“Don’t be, you’re adorable when you’re nervous.”

He said casually and watched the cheeks went redder. Chuckling at the amount of the cuteness, he stood up and glanced at the window. The orange color flew into the studio and Nichkhun just realized that it was already sunset. Wow, he never knew time could pass that quickly.

“It’s late, are you going to stay here?”

He asked with a smile and Wooyoung shook his head softly.

“I-I’m waiting for my friend.”

If there’s a disappointment upon hearing the answer, Nichkhun pushed them away and went to the door.

“Well then, I’m going first.”

He spoke softly, finding himself lost in those warm eyes as they locked their gaze on each other. He watched as Wooyoung opened his mouth to speak, but closing them back in hesitation. He waited some more, in case the younger had something to tell him but when he got nothing in return, he shrugged his feelings away and walked out from the room.

“W-Wait hyung!”

He turned back and found his heart skipped a beat when he saw Wooyoung was already down from the stage, eyes pleading as the younger walked towards him. Slowly, his steps became slow and hesitant and when there’s only five steps left between them, Wooyoung stopped, his face was heating from the embarrassment.  Chuckling, Nichkhun closed the gaps between them and decided that Wooyoung looked so much better in close distance.

“What is it?”

He murmured with a soft voice, and Wooyoung looked up, biting his red lips nervously.

“C-Can I know y-your name?”

Grinning at the request, he scolded himself at the ridiculous amount of happiness filled his body inside just by the simple question.

“My name is Nichkhun, but you can call me Khun. I’m a final year student and major in music.”

He ended his words with a teasing smile and a wink, watching Wooyoung’s face turned red and his lips was pouting.

“Don’t tease me hyung,”

He whined and Nichkhun laughed, only to stop abruptly when he saw Chansung was coming towards them.

“Oh, Chansung-ah,”

Chansung looked equally surprised to find him here but still, he smiled and greeted him back.

“Hyung, what are you doing here? I thought you already left.”

“I stopped by to put the piano sheet back.”

Chansung nodded and turned to look at Wooyoung.

“Sorry, did I keep you waiting?”

Wooyoung beamed happily and Nichkhun’s heart twisted when he saw Wooyoung’s eyes lit up brightly when Chansung greeted him.

“No, I just finished my practice.”

Chansung smiled softly and reached out his hand to caress Wooyoung’s cheeks with his knuckles.

“Stop being so adorable, will you?”

Nichkhun watched how Wooyoung instantly blushed and looked down shyly. He felt his hand went cold and suddenly, the sight in front of him was too unbearable for him to watch. He needed to go home and cleared out his mind, maybe.

“So, we’ll go first hyung. Thank you for keeping him company.”

Chansung said with a happy smile as he took Wooyoung’s hand, intertwining their fingers and pulled Wooyoung away.

“S-see you around hyung!”

Wooyoung yelled from distance, waving at him cheerfully and he forced himself to smile. Why was it like this? He never felt like this before. He never had to fake a smile to anyone, not even to his haters. So why did it happened now?

Frowning at the burning rage inside himself, he left the studio and rushed back home. Maybe Taec could help.