Paranoia: The Ghost Inside [One-Shot]

Paranoia
Seventh Story: Paranoia: The Ghost Inside <3
(Inspired by True Philippine Ghost Stories)
 
You were inside a hospital for a very long time now, working as a nurse on duty. It was in the middle of the night and the hospital was darker than it seems. You wanted to take a break for a while, and decided to take the elevator. You were too lazy to go to the stairs because you are working on the 16th floor.
 
You: *yawns* Aish.. I hate this graveyard shift here.. I'm so darn sleepy.
 
Then all of the sudden, you found an old lady, who looks like she doesn't know where to go. She had a white hair, bulging face and clothes that seems to be unwashed for weeks.
 
Old Lady: Nurse.. have you seen my son?
You: Who are you referring to?
 
The old lady disappeared, little by little, and it gave you goosebumps.
 
You: Eh? Where did she go? *slaps face* Am I imagining things?
 
You closed your eyes for a moment, thinking that you were only sleepy and stressed. But..
 
You: I guess I was just delusional. *sighs*
 
When you opened your eyes, the old woman was already in front of you. Her face, decayed.. And her body stinks because she was already dead. She opened her eyes towards you, seeing it, gave you the creeps because she had no eyes at all.
 
Old Woman: WHERE IS MY SON?!!
 
You cried out in horror, not minding all the people in the hospital. To make it worse, she was following you. She was roaming around the hospital, shifting from one place to another. She doesn't have to walk anymore, BECAUSE SHE IS A GHOST.
 
When you got tired, she moved closer towards you, and you almost fainted.
 
Old Woman: Tell me, WHERE THE HECK IS MY SON?
You: I don't know who he is! Stay away from me!
Old Woman: *glares* DON'T YOU DARE HIDE HIM FROM ME!!
 
Once again, you closed your eyes, and suddenly there was a man who just rescued you. He was a guy, but you could not see his face clearly because you were covering yourself. Your clothes were filled with blood, and filthy smell as well..
 
"Are you alright, nurse?"
 
It was Dr. Kim Jongwoon, aka Yesung. A neurologist at the Neulparan Hospital. He grabbed your hand, and you two went to the elevator together.
 
You: T-thanks, Dr. Yesung.. *pants*
Yesung: No biggies.
You: Who is that old lady?
Yesung: Don't mind her. She's been here for decades. My former 
You: Y-your patient? How could that possibly be?
 
You started to wonder. Yesung looked very young to be a doctor who lived in the past decades. He looked like he's in his 20's.
 
Yesung: I've been here for so many years, ____.
You: How did you know my name? 
Yesung: I've been watching you the whole time. *touches your face*
 
You blushed when he did that. Because he was handsome. With that why style glasses, and oh so shiny blonde hair.. It's impossible to resist him. He gave you a crooked smile that was too hard to resist. Then when you reached the 13th floor..
 
Yesung: *shows you something* Do you know that when you see a dead person, a bracelet which is red in color is placed in their arm?
 
Oh right, when a patient dies, they put a mark in his/her arm. But you've tried to forget that because ironically speaking, you are a nurse, but you hate seeing dead people.
 
What is shocking is, Yesung showed you a red bracelet.. AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.
 
You screamed in horror.. and he also disappeared after giving you an evil smirk..
 
The elevator opened, giving you a mini heart attack. You were screaming at the top of your lungs upon exit.
 
When you were running, you bumped into another guy who happens to be a fellow nurse. It was Sungmin, the heart rob of all the nurses in Neulparan Hospital~ Actually, you are his best friend. But secretly..
 
Accidentally, you fell down on top of him, because of fear. He was shocked.
 
Sungmin: Ya ____! What's going on?
You: S-sungmin oppa.. *cries* *hugs him*
 
Sungmin hugged you back, and you can't stop crying. He gave you a glass of water, and you were talking at the lobby.
 
Sungmin: What happened? You were screaming in horror..
You: Mianhae.. I saw a lot of weird things.. it's so scary, I almost died..
Sungmin: You mean, you saw them too?
You: Huh?
 
It was clear to you that Sungmin encountered the same thing you did.
 
Sungmin: That doctor.. you saw.. was the former head of this hospital. He was born in the 1940s and died because of an old age.
You: But why does he look like he's in our generation?
Sungmin: Well, he has to. It would be weird seeing him in an old uniform, you know.
You: What about the old woman?
Sungmin: She was his former patient..
You: I don't know.. I don't think I can handle this anymore.
 
Sungmin showed you a pile of papers to see. It was a paper showing his files and a proof that he's going to leave soon.
 
Sungmin: ____, I'm going to resign in this hospital.
You: You're gonna leave me? After all we've been through?
 
Tears ran down your eyes, as you started talking. Because of all the people, Sungmin was the one who became close to you, and you are secretly in love with him.
 
You: If I told you I love you, would you stay?
Sungmin: *blush* What did you say?
 
Awkward silence followed~
 
You: *blush* Fine. I said I love you..
Sungmin: I love you too, ____..
You: If you love me, you would stay.
Sungmin: I won't.
You: You don't love me then.
Sungmin: Because you are going with me.
 
He grabbed you and kissed you unexpectedly. You both resigned in the hospital and went to the U.S to become nurses abroad. There you also got married, and had two kids, Sungha and So Hee.