First Crush.

"We're Just Friends" [HIATUS]

 

Taemin’s POV

“Please, return to what you were saying.”

“Ah, yes! As I was saying, I performed this dance on Maknae Rebellion. It was one of my favorite choreographies to perform, so I hope you all will enjoy learning it as well.”

“Well then, let’s start!”

 

---------------------------------------------

 

Taemin's POV

I pressed play on the boombox and danced the routine for everyone to see what it looked like. While I was dancing, I saw a few jaws drop and I even saw some people shake their heads. Either I made the dance look harder than it really was, or this class hasn't exactly caught up yet. I finished the routine with no mistakes and gained an applause.

"This routine may look very difficult, but it's mostly about detail and timing. I'll walk you through all the steps so don't worry!" I yelled.

After everyone learned the dance, we ran through it a couple of times to perfect it. Then, the instructor made all the students go one by one. I stood next to him to observe as well. Most of the students were sloppy and lacked emotion in the dance. I was starting to get tired of watching until Minyoung came up. I focused on every move she made, trying to find a flaw in her routine. There wasn't any. When she was finished, I clapped for her. The way she moved was indescribable. I wanted to see more of it. Unfortunately, the class was over so I didn't have another chance to watch her.

"Okay, it seems like everyone's done here," the instructor claimed. "I have to admit, most of this class did not do too well during the individual evaluation. However, a small portion did EXTREMELY well. For example, Hwang Minyoung."

Everyone looked at her and started clapping. I saw a hint of red on her face as she bowed and smiled.

"The way you danced was flawless. You paid attention to the details that Taemin described and you were right on beat. Most importantly, you danced with your emotions. Good job." The instructor applauded her and she started to blush again. Good to know she wasn't miserable anymore.

"Well, that's all I have to say. I'll see everyone here tomorrow. Class is dismissed."

 

Minyoung's POV

I grabbed my backpack from the back of the room and went to the front to get my cell phone.

"Sorry for disrupting the class today. I just got the phone over break and I didn't realize it was still on loud..." I bowed my head towards the instructor.

"Ahhh, it's okay. You did an excellent job today, I mean it. Keep it up and you'll debut in no time. Just remember to make sure your phone is on silent. It could get you in more trouble." The instructor patted my back and left the room. At least he didn't hate me anymore. I closed my eyes and sighed. I had singing classes next. I turned around and headed towards the door until I bumped into someone.

 

Taemin's POV

"Oh! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" Minyoung asked me.

"Haha, I'm okay. It was just a little bump," I replied.

"I see..." She started walking away. I grabbed her wrist and she turned around.

"Ummm... I see you have your phone back." Really... Of all the things I could've said, I chose to talk about her phone. Smooth move, Taemin. Smooth move.

"Oh, yeah... I just bought it earlier and I didn't know it was still on loud. I'm sorry for interrupting your speech by the way..." She looked down.

"Hey, stop apologizing! It's okay," I reassured her and patter her shoulder.

"Mmmm, I should get going now," She turned again.

"Wait! Uhhh, what are you doing later..?" I scratched the back of my head.

"I have singing classes next. It's 2 hours long. Wae?" She looked at me with a confused look on her face. Come on Taemin. Just ask her. You can do this.

"Do you maybe... wanna.. you know... go to the noraebang later?" I held my breath as I waited for her reply.

"... Are you talking to me?" She pointed to herself and looked around to make sure no one was there.

"Of course! I don't see another pretty girl in this room." Oh. My. God. Did I really just say that!? She blushed and looked towards the ground. It worked! Maybe saying that wasn't such a bad idea after all.

"Oh, hehe. Sure, I'll go. What time and which one?"

"I'm not sure yet. We haven't decided yet."

"Who's we?" Oh crap. I couldn't tell her it was my SHINee hyungs or else she'd freak out.

"Me and my friends. How about I text you the location when I find out? I have to go to a meeting and I'm going straight there so I can't pick you up." Smooth....

"Sure. I'm not sure what my number is yet... So can you put your number in here?" She giggled and handed me her phone. I typed in my number and named myself Taemin oppa (: I hope she catches on to calling me that. I liked being called oppa. I gave her phone back and patted her head.

"See you later!" I walked out of the room. My heart was beating and my hands were shaking. I felt butterflies in my stomach. With all this going on, I had to focus on not tripping in front of her. Why was I feeling like this?

 

Minyoung's POV

I blinked my eyes and stared at my phone. Taemin oppa (: Did that really just happen? I shook my head and lightly slapped my face. I had a vocal class to go to! I put my phone in my pocket and went to class. Apparently, class was being held in a recording studio. I was greeted by a pretty young lady. I looked around the class room and noticed that no one else was there except for me and her.

"Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Hwang Minyoung." I bowed and greeted the teacher.

"Oh, annyeong! I'm Mrs. Jung. Please, sit down." She gestured for me to take the seat in front of her. We were outside of the recording booth in the waiting lobby. She had a stand in front of her with a stack of papers.

"Excuse me, but where are the other students?"

"Oh, this is a private lesson. I was told that you were more talented in dance, so you should focus on getting your vocals better to even it out. It's better if it's one on one so I can help you improve much faster. Is that okay?" She asked. She had a pretty eye smile...

"Yes, it's okay..." I looked down. I was really shy when it came to singing. I wasn't exactly bad, but I wasn't above average either. I lacked passion and control when it came to singing. Dancing was a whole other story.

"Haha, it's okay to be shy on your first lesson. But after today, you can't be. If you're going to be an idol, you're going to have to sing in front of millions of people... live." She looked at me with piercing eyes and a serious face. Wow, she can change her expression fast. "I may seem nice, but I am going to have to be very strict on you. You have to be very determined if you want to debut before 4 years. Singing might be the only thing holding you back. That's enough talking for now, let's get started!" She crossed her legs and sat up straight. I gulped.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

I'm kind of frustrated right now... I typed up this chapter the night before the site crashed. I came back and noticed that I lost a number of subscribers and also the chapters that I haven't published yet. I was in the middle of the 6th chapter also. Wahhh! Oh well, at least I remembered most of the chapter. This is a lesson that I should save my chapters to my desktop for back up. ANYWAYS, I know I haven't updated this fic in MONTHS, but lately I've had time to update. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where I'm going with this fic anymore :( I'm more focused on my EXO one. By the way, did you guys see Key's teaser photo? It's heaven, haha. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this long lost chapter! (: