Day 2

Daddy Sehun

Sehun has to go to practice today and he decided to take his daughter along. The rest of the boys do love NaRa.

"Wake up sleepy head," Sehun whipered to his sleeping daughter. She looks so peaceful sleeping that he almost didn't have the heart to wake her up. He still can't believe he already survived a day with his daughter without any glitches. He was somewhat proud of himslef. He brushed the hair out of his daughter's face.

Slowly NaRa opened her eyes. "Good morning, daddy."

"Morning, Princess." Sehun smiled. "You're coming along with daddy to practice ok? Let's go get you cleaned up."

Sehun picked up his daughter and carried her to the bathroom.

After NaRa was all cleaned up Sehun helped NaRa pick out something to wear.

"Daddy, will Uncle Luhan be there?" NaRa asked her father with hopeful eyes.

"Of course, honey. He's a member of Exo.." Sehun assured her.

NaRa clapped her hands excitedly. She has always said that she wants to marry Uncle Luhan one day because Luhan always gives her great presents. So she wants to impress him by wearing something nice. Sehun thinks it's cute that his little daughter likes his best friend.

"How about this one, daddy?" NaRa held up a pink blouse for her father to inspect.

"Hmmmm.. Well, I think LuHan would like that." Sehun assured his daughter.

After NaRa was all dressed they headed into the kitchen for breakfast.

Sehun put NaRa in her high chair and started to make some ommelettes. 

"Daddy, is mummy in New York yet?" NaRa asked her father who was busy trying to get the shells out of the eggs he just cracked.

"No, honey. Mummy will arrive a bit later in the evening." Sehun finally finished getting the shells out of the eggs. Now he grabbed a pan and put it on the stove. 

"Daddy, mummy always uses that pan." NaRa said pointing at a different pan.

"Yes, but daddy thinks that this pan will work too." Sehun said.

It didn't.

Turns out that the pan Sehun took was NOT a non-stick pan and since he did not butter it first, he burnt the ommelette and it is stuck to the pan. Dang it, he should have listened to his daughter.

"Are we not having eggs for breakfast then daddy?" The little girl cringed as a burnt smell filled the kitchen.

"I guess not. Let's just have some delicious toast instead." Sehun suggested. There is no way he can screw that up. As the bread was toasting Sehun walked to the fridge and took out the milk carton. He poured some for his daughter and some for himself.

Both of them had some toast with butter. The toast was a bit on the burnt side but it was still edible.

 

 

 

Sehun was carrying NaRa into the SM Building. There he was greeted by a sweating Siwon who obviously just got back from the gym. Siwon was wearing a tank top that was showing his muscular arms.

"Oh, hyung." Sehun greeted. "Good morning."

"Morning, Sehun." Siwon smiled. "I see you brought along your pretty little daughter with you. Annyeong, NaRa." Siwon reached for the little girl. Sehun handed NaRa to his hyung.

NaRa smiled. "Hey Uncle SiWon. Wow! Your arms are so big! How come daddy's arms are not as big as this?"

"That's beca-," Siwon started to explain.

"That's enough, NaRa." Sehun interupted.

SiWon was overcome with laughter. 

"Ok, hyung. As much as I enjoy being laughed at by you, I really have to get to practice. I'm running late." Sehun grabbed his daughter away from SiWon.

"Bye Nara!" Siwon waved. "See you around."

Sehun carried NaRa to Exo's practice room. Their new single Claws were already playing. "Man, they started without me."

Sehun entered the room and put NaRa down beside KaHee, Exo's stylist-noona. KaHee agreed to look after NaRa while Sehun joined s for practice.

"Yah, Sehun-ah! You're late again!" Kai scolded the maknae.

"Sorry, guys. YooNa had to leave the country for her business so I have to look after NaRa." Sehun apologised.

"Is NaRa here?" Luhan's face lit up at the mention of his favourite little girl's name.

"Uncle Luhan!" NaRa shouted from the corner of the room. "I'm here."

Luhan kneeled down with out-stretched arms and let the girl run towards him to give him a hug. "Uncle Luhan, look at my blouse. Isn't it pretty? Daddy helped me choose it."

"Wow. It's the prettiest blouse I have ever seen in my entire life." Luhan let out and overeacted gasp.

Chen rolled his eyes. "Hey NaRa. Uncle Chen likes your blouse to you know."

"Yah! Chen, you're just jealous because NaRa likes Luhan more than you." Xiumin stuck his tongue out at Chen.

"Seriously guys. Grow up." Chanyeol suddenly interrupted. "NaRa obviously likes me best. She's just to shy to show it. Right, NaRa?" Chanyeol even added a wink for good measure.

NaRa was flustered. "Uhmmmm.."

"NaRa you like Pandas right? So Uncle Tao is the best!" Tao joined into the conversation as well. "Uncle Tao can even do kung fu moves."

"No she likes me better than you!" Chanyeol pointed at Tao.

"Na-ah" Tao retorted.

"Ah-ha!" Chanyeol yelled back.

"Will you two kids please SHUT UP!" Kris's voice boomed. "NaRa is Sehun's daughter so she likes him best. Now that that's settled can we please get back to practicing?"

"Yes, listen to the duizzang!" Suho wanted to exert his authority. He is after all the leader.

Chanyeol and Tao are still making faces at eachother. Sehun just shook his head.

Those two giant children. Haisssh. I can't believe I'm younger than both of them, Sehun thought.

"NaRa." Sehun looked down at his daughter. "KaHee-noona will get you some paper and crayons and you sit quietly and draw. Ok princess?"

"Ok, daddy." NaRa agreed. "What should I draw?"

"How about your favourite animal?" Lay who has been keeping quiet suggested.

"Ok. I'll draw a panda then." NaRa said happily.

"Yes!" A shout can sudddenly be heard. "In your face!" Tao pointed at Chanyeol and stuck out his tongue. Chanyeol just pouted and stomped his feet in frustration.

"Can we please practice now..." Kris said pulling Tao who was still bragging about his victory to Chanyeol by the ears towards the dance room.

Practice lasted about three hours. Finally it was time to go home. Sehun was tired so he declined the member's invitation to have lunch with them. He just wanted to grab his daughter, buy some food and eat it with her at home.

When he went to the corner where he told NaRa to wait, he found her napping on the couch. A sketch pad lies open on the floor beside he with a box of crayons. He opened the sketch pad to find a black and white picture of a panda. It was not badly drawn.

The next page made him tear up a litlle bit. There, his daughter drew a picture of a woman waving. He had no doubt that it was his wife. NaRa misses her mother. He kept his daughter's sketches because his wife likes to put the on the fridge. 

He picked her up careful not to wake her. Said his goodbyes to the other members and headed home.

 

 

That evening as Sehun was playing hide-and-seek with NaRa the laptop beeped. He had set the laptop in the living room in case his wife arrives in New York and wants to video chat with them.

NaRa quickly ran out from behind the curtain that she was hiding towards the laptop. "Daddy! Daddy! Mummy is calling!"

Sehun clicked the answer button and his wife's beautiful face appeared on the screen. She looked tired but she had a bright smile on her face.

"Mummy!!!" NaRa screamed at the sight of her mother's face.

"Hey kiddo!" YooNa smiled at her daughter. "Mummy is in the hotel right now"

"Hey, honey-bunny." Sehun was just as excited as his daughter at seeing his wife's face.

"Hi! How was your day guys? Anything bad happened that I need to know about?" YooNa asked suspiciously.

Sehun's mind went straight to the burnt omelette and the pan that he ruined. "Uhmmmm... Nothing."

"Oh Se Hun.." YooNa said sternly. "What did you do?"

"Daddy made omelette this morning, but it burnt." NaRa ratted her father out.

Sehun looked at his daughter. "I thought you were on my side.'

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh Se Hun!" YooNa laughed out loud. "Please be more careful in the kitchen."

"Ok, ok honey. I will.." Sehun promised. "So how is New York?"

And the three of them had a nice conversation until it was time for dinner in Korea.

"Ok guys. Mummy has to unpack and maybe take a quick nap." YooNa told Sehun and NaRa. "Jet-lag"

They said their goodbyes and hung up. 

"So, NaRa. What do you want for dinner?" Sehun asked his daughter.

They had a lovely dinner of Spaghetti Bolognese at a nearby restaurant. Then headed home to watch a Barbie movie that NaRa chose at the video store.

That was how day 2 ended.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note : What do you guys think of the story? I would appreciate some comments. I love you guys. :)