Where it all started

I Only Want You

Dawn illuminated the four corners of the room where Eun Gi was cradling her little bundle of joy. She carefully studied every detail of the angel in her arms, the streaks of black hair on his little head, his flushed cheeks, his little nose, his thin lips, and especially his eyes which he undeniably inherited from Maru.  Eun Gi’s in awe with every movement and yawn her son made, she still can’t believe that he’s here now, healthy and alive. Suddenly as if all hurdles and pains she experienced for the past nine months were gone, he was definitely worth everything.

Maru likewise was feeling euphoric with their son’s presence. Finally, he can see and touch their little miracle, the fruit of their love. His love overflowed for these two people before him, they were his everything. Maru planted a chaste kiss on his son’s forehead, followed by a loving one on his wife’s. He admired her all the more after witnessing how she managed to go through the delivery of their child.

When Eun Gi announced that she was having the baby, everyone in the mansion panicked. Maru knew what to do based from the books and lessons they had, but it was totally different when the actual time came. He immediately carried Eun Gi to their car while Choco took the baby bag.

“Sure you can do this oppa?” Choco worriedly asked Jae Gil when he took the driver’s seat while the couple were on the back row. Jae Gil gulped and nodded before starting the engine.

Maru was wiping the cold sweat from Eun Gi’s forehead as he supported her from behind. Eun Gi yelped again when she felt another contraction. Maru gave his hand for her to squeeze when she’s in pain. “We’re almost there Eun Gi-ya, hold on okay? You’re strong, you can do this.” Maru whispered words of encouragement while on their way to the hospital.

Jae Gil was in full speed, trying to overtake every car on the way.

“Ya oppa, be careful!” Choco shouted

“I am! I am!” Jae Gil answered. He was then startled when he heard Eun Gi shriek.

“Ya imma, focus on your driving! We need to get there now!” Maru shouted from behind.

Finally they were able to reach the nearest hospital. The nurses immediately attended to Eun Gi while the three anxiously waited outside the emergency room. After some time, the doctor went out and told Maru that Eun Gi still had a long way to go because she was only five centimeters dilated. Eun Gi was then transferred to a private room while she waited for her labor to progress.

“Maru-sshi, it hurts so much” Eun Gi was almost in tears.

“Eun Gi-ya, this will be all over soon. Endure it for now, I’m just here.” Maru placed a kiss on her head. His heart was breaking into pieces seeing the pain that Eun Gi was experiencing, if he could just impose the pain on himself, he definitely would. To somehow help her soothe the pain, Maru sat on the bed with Eun Gi and carefully rubbed her lower back. It took almost 8 hours before the doctor said that Eun Gi was fully dilated.

“Just think that our son will be here very soon, you can do this Eun Gi-ya, just hold my hand” Maru whispered. Eun Gi nodded although she cannot fully comprehend every word that he said because her mind was already blurred from all the pain and exhaustion that she was feeling.

“Alright Eun Gi-sshi, on the next contraction you have to push. Maru, remind her to breathe properly” The doctor ordered. Eun Gi obediently followed, and when the wave of pain hit her, she began pushing with all her might. She felt her whole being tearing apart by the minute, indeed this was the greatest pain that she could recall. Maru felt his hand turning numb as no blood could flow due to Eun Gi’s tight squeeze, but he didn’t mind because he well knew that his pain was incomparable to what Eun Gi was feeling at the moment. After every push, Eun Gi would fall helplessly on the bed and catch her breath. Maru felt so helpless, it was his fault that Eun Gi was experiencing this. Then a thought caught him, he remembered his mother dying after giving birth to him. He suddenly felt numb all over. What if the same happens to Eun Gi? He would definitely go insane if he loses her, nevertheless he’ll never forgive himself if it happens. Maru’s heart skipped a beat thinking about this. His mind found its way to reality when Eun Gi squeezed his hand again, and shouted in pain, then her scream was replaced with a loud cry, which definitely did not come from Eun Gi, but from their baby.

Maru’s eyes widened, not in shock, but in amazement upon seeing his son for the first time. The baby’s cry resonated in the room as if he wanted to announce his presence. Tears of joy suddenly fell from Maru’s eyes and a wide smile was visible on his face.

“Congratulations! It’s a healthy baby boy!” the doctor announced.

Maru then turned his sight back to Eun Gi who was already shedding tears of joy.

“He’s finally here. Well done Eun Gi-ya, I love you very much.” He placed a kiss on his wife’s forehead. All of a sudden all his fears faded and was replaced with immense pride and joy.

“He’s perfect” Eun Gi remarked while her eyes still fixed on their child. Maru, who was sitting beside them on the bed, held out his hand to touch their son’s little finger. He was surprised when the baby wrapped his small hand on Maru’s point finger, “I couldn’t agree more” he noted.

“Thank you” Maru lovingly said. Eun Gi then turned her eyes to Maru and smiled, “I guess we have to thank each other, because we made him together right?” Maru chuckled, “Well, you have a point there. But you’re the one who carried and delivered him, I couldn’t thank you enough. I love you and our child very much” he closed their gap for a sweet kiss. They were then interrupted with their baby’s whimper.

“So someone here wants all the attention for himself huh?” Maru jokingly said while he caressed his son’s head.

“Maru-sshi, what should we name him?” Eun Gi asked. They already have a list of names to choose from, but they haven’t actually decided. Maru carefully thought, after everything they’ve been through he sees their child as their trophy amidst the trial of life, their victory.

“Jun Seong, Kang Jun Seong, meaning a victorious ruler.” He said. Eun Gi smiled and nodded, “It perfectly suits him, Kang Jun Seong. Do you like that baby?” amusingly their son wiggled his arms. The couple laughed at their child’s response to his name. Indeed, their family is now complete.

----

Five years later…

“Appa!” Jun Seong excitingly ran to his father who had just entered their house. Maru then gathered his son in a tight embrace and lifted him from the floor, “My champion is really getting big now. So, how was your day?” “It was fantastic appa! I invited my classmates to my party and they said that they’ll come” the little boy enthusiastically said. “Is that so? Arasso, then we have a lot of things to prepare for your big day then!”

“Yey! Kamsahamnida appa!” Jun Seong wrapped his small arms around his father’s neck and gave him a peck on the cheeks. Maru’s heart swelled with love for his son, he would definitely do anything to make him happy. “Appa, can we play? Eomma bought me new toys and I want to show them to you.”

“Ye, but uri Jun Seong needs to drink his vitamins first before playing with appa.” Eun Gi approached them holding Jun Seong a spoon and Jun Seong’s vitamins.

“My champion is a good boy so he will obey eomma right?” Jun Seong happily nodded and opened his mouth to take the vitamins.

Life has been a lot better ever since Jun Seong was born. Maru is a doting father, who always made it a point to go home early so he could spend time with Jun Seong. He is now the director of Tae San since Eun Gi chose to be a full time mother. She still somehow attends the major board meetings as she still owns a large stock in the company, other than that, she busies herself attending to their family’s needs.

Jun Seong is such a sweet and caring child, not only to his parents but to everyone around him. Inheriting his good looks from Maru, Jun Seong is considered a heart throb in their school even at a young age. Almost every day, he would come home with a candy or chocolate and tell his parents that his girl classmates gave it to him. He was very innocent that he didn’t know why they gave it to him. There was even a time when Jun Seong ran to his mother crying because a girl from a different class kissed him on the cheek. “Eomma and gomo Choco are the only girls who can kiss me right?” he asked in between sobs. Eun Gi then explained to him that the girl was probably fond of him that’s why she did it. Jun Seong stopped crying, “Like what appa and eomma do? Kiss?” he innocently asked. Eun Gi blushed at her son’s question, Jun Seong is very clever for his age. Maru just laughed upon hearing the incident from Eun Gi.

Jun Seong’s fifth birthday was only a few days away, thus, everyone in the mansion was busy with the preparations. He requested for a party where all his favorite fairy tale and cartoon characters will be present. Eun Gi carefully coordinated every detail for his son’s birthday, making sure that everything will be perfect.

Later that night, Maru was in the bathroom brushing his teeth with the door open as they were accustomed to.

“Maru-sshi, what do you think about this one?” Maru turned to his wife’s direction, and his jaw almost dropped seeing Eun Gi in a pink fairy costume. He studied her from head to foot, and his eyes were glued at her legs.

“Ya, why did you choose that? It’s too short!” He protested. Eun Gi pouted, “Too short? It’s only a few inches above the knee. Besides, children will be there, what’s there to be bothered about?”

“You’ve never worn dresses with that length. Even though those are children, their parents will still drop them off or even stay with them. What if some guy joins the party and sees you in that outfit? Only I can see that.” Maru defended. Eun Gi realized what he was really referring to, she then softly laughed.

“What’s funny?” Maru was getting annoyed.

“Did you just hear yourself Kang Maru? You sounded like a jealous teenage boyfriend!”

“Ya, I was not! I was just stating a fact.” Eun Gi slowly neared Maru, and wrapped her arm around his neck. Her alluring eyes just kept him silent.

“What fact? That only you can enjoy this view? Why, of course my dear husband. Because Kang Maru, I’m all yours” She seductively whispered the last words which brought shivers down to Maru’s spine. In an instant, Maru captured Eun Gi in a passionate kiss, which she willingly responded. They instinctively followed their longing for each other, and found themselves on the bed. Maru was showering kisses on Eun Gi’s face down to her neck and collarbone. His hands were enjoying the smooth lengths of her legs, this part of her was his favorite hence he was very possessive of it. Eun Gi was likewise responding to her husband’s every maneuver with her kisses and soft moans. She tugged the end of Maru’s shirt, wanting it off him. Being the good husband that he was, Maru removed it and threw the shirt on the floor. Maru cannot wait any longer, he wants this beautiful fairy so much, he then positioned himself between her flawless legs, and ped the dress, while he continued to trail kisses on her. But before he was able to completely remove the dress, he heard their door open.

“Eomma, appa” Jun Seong called out. As if waking up from a dream, Maru jumped off from Eun Gi and covered her with the comforter. He also took his shirt from the floor and immediately wore it back.

“Why Jun Seong-ah? What’s wrong?” Maru reached out for his son midway to prevent him from getting near the bed where Eun Gi was fixing herself up.

“I had a bad dream. Can I sleep with you tonight?” Jun Seong innocently asked while rubbing his eyes. “A ye, of course” Maru said, and glanced at Eun Gi who was already wearing the dress again.  He carried Jun Seong and placed him on the bed between them.

“Jun Seong-ah, like what eomma and appa told you before, you have to knock on the door first before entering, okay?” Eun Gi said.

“I did knock eomma, but I you didn’t open it so I just entered. Sorry eomma.” The couple looked at each other, they must have been too drawn with the moment that they didn’t hear their son knocking.

“Eomma, why are you wearing that? Is it your new pajama?” Maru chuckled at his son’s question.

“Ah ani, this is eomma’s dress for your party, I was just showing it to your appa. Come on, you better sleep now before the bad dreams return.” Eun Gi kissed Jun Seong’s forehead and tucked him in bed. When Jun Seong dozed off, Maru sighed. “Next time, remind me to lock the door” Eun Gi just sweetly smiled and gave him a goodnight kiss before heading to the bathroom to change into her pajamas. Maru followed her view, Next time I won’t let you pass he smiled to himself.

---

Come Jun Seong’s big day, everyone was occupied with the party held at the Seo mansion. Magical shows, mascots and games were entertaining the children. These games were handled Jae Gil dressed in a Captain Hook costume, accompanied by Choco who was wearing an Alice in Wonderland-like dress. The two just got engaged a few months back. When they first announced their relationship to Maru and Eun Gi, the couple just laughed and said that the two finally came into terms. They noted that it was obvious that they liked each other.

Maru, dressed in a Peter Pan costume, was busy taking pictures of his son while being groomed by Eun Gi in his Batman costume.

“My my, uri Jun Seong is five years old now, and you’re getting more handsome!” Eun Gi hugged her son, she remembered like everything it happened yesterday when she gave birth to Jun Seong. He was very small and fragile then, but now he’s a very healthy and active child, not to mention very charming too.

“Because I look like appa!” Jun Seong proudly said and gave his appa a high five. The men in my life, Eun Gi thought to herself.

“Aigoo, don’t you want to look like me Jun Seong-ah?” Eun Gi pretended to sound disappointed. Jun Seong then gave his eomma a hug.

“But Jun Seong is a boy, I can’t look like eomma.” He sweetly reasoned out.

“But when I grow up, I will marry someone who’s as beautiful as eomma” he added. Eun Gi smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

“So I guess you also inherited your appa’s sweet tongue?” Jun Seong enthusiastically nodded which made the couple laugh.

“Come on champion, your friends are waiting for you!” Maru held his son’s hand, while he wrapped the other around Eun Gi’s shoulder. “Before we get too busy, let me say that you’re very beautiful today, my fairy” Maru whispered to Eun Gi followed by a wink. This made Eun Gi blush and nudge him on the side.

They went out to the garden where the party was, everybody acknowledged the birthday boy’s presence with a loud cheer. One by one, they greeted Jun Seong, which he responded with a wide smile.

“Happy birthday Jun Seong-ah! You’re a big boy now, and you’re looking more like your appa” Joon Ha greeted.

“Kamsahamnida oppa! I miss visiting the zoo with you and doctor pretty! Can we go again sometime?” Jun Seong enthusiastically asked. Joon Ha was surprised with Jun Seong’s question.

“I guess he was referring to me” a beautiful girl approached them, and placed her arm around Joon Ha’s.

“Hi, Hyo Joo-sshi, it’s good to see you here because I know you’re very busy with your patients” Eun Gi greeted her.

“Of course, I wouldn’t miss my favorite patient’s birthday” she answered with a sweet smile.

“So I heard the good news, congratulations to the two of you” Maru extended his hand to Joon Ha.

“Oh, thank you” Joon Ha shyly said when he shook Maru’s hand.

“I really thought I’d grow an old maid waiting for this man to propose, but I think Maru-sshi here gave him some tips” Hyo Joo winked at her fiancé.

“Oppa Joon Ha and doctor pretty are getting married?” Jun Seong asked with a curious face.

“Yes, and you’ll be the ring bearer, would you like that Jun Seong-ah?” Hyo Joo leaned to level with Jun Seong.

“Of course doctor pretty! I’d love that!” Jun Seong raised his hands in excitement.

“We're very happy for the both of you. We wish you all the best” Eun Gi said, meeting Joon Ha’s gaze.

Eun Gi knew that Joon Ha sacrificed a lot in the past years for her, and she was very delighted to learn that he was courting Jun Seong’s pediatrician. After a few months, Joon Ha and Hyo Joo came to them saying that they’re together. Fate can really be playful, Eun Gi remebered as how she experienced it first hand with Maru.

---

Everyone was having fun, especially Jun Seong. He was running around with his friends, while Eun Gi and Maru followed him. When it was time to blow the cake, everyone gathered around the big cake, then they sang the Happy Birthday song for Jun Seong. At the end of the song, Maru carried his son so he could easily blow the candles.

“Happy birthday Champion!” Maru kissed his son on the cheek, followed by Eun Gi.

“Did you make a wish Jun Seong-ah?” Eun Gi asked.

“Ye eomma, but it’s a secret or else it might not happen!” Jun Seong grinned. The couple laughed and kissed him on both cheeks.

“Jun Seong-ah, happy birthday, here’s my gift for you” Eun Seok handed a small box to Jun Seong which he excitingly accepted.

“Gomowo samchon” Jun Seong studied the box and began to unwrap the gift. The two boys were very close since their ages were relatively close. Eun Seok served as Jun Seong’s big brother, playing with him while everyone else in the mansion was busy. Although there were times that Eun Seok would feel envious whenever he saw Jun Seong with his parents. How he wished he also had a complete family.

Meals were then served. Jun Seong was watching Eun Gi feed Jun Seong. He remembered the times that Jae Hee did the same with him. It’s been five years since he last saw his eomma. Her whereabouts were unknown to him. He tried to ask everyone in the mansion, but no definite answer was provided. He was almost lost in thoughts when his ahjumma called him.

“Eun Seok-ah, please come with me” he abided and followed his ahjumma towards to gate.

“What is it ahjumma?” He went out of the gate, and he stopped on his tracks when he saw Jae Hee standing across the road.

“Eomma” Eun Seok was in agape, was he in a dream? He pinched himself, and realized that everything was real. Slowly but surely, he neared Jae Hee. Tears were flowing from their eyes, as they met half way.

“Eun Seok-ah, you’ve grown a lot” Jae Hee carefully cupped Eun Seok’s cheek with her hand. But to her surprise, Eun Seok pushed it away.

“Why now? Why did you just show up now? You know I waited for you!” Eun Seok’s voice broke.

“I’m sorry Eun Seok, but I had to fix all the wrong things I did in the past. Please forgive me.” Jae Hee held her son’s face with both her hands.

“I hate you, but, you’re still my eomma, and I missed you a lot” he continued sobbing

“I missed you too my son, to the point of death.” Jae Hee embraced Eun Seok. All those years in jail, she only dreamt about being with her beloved son again. To start anew with her son, and live in peace. Mother and son cried in each other’s arms, both knew that they still have a long way to go before they could completely patch up things between them. But they were willing to do it one day at a time.

From a distance, Min Young was watching the two reconcile. A lot in him changed since that time when he voluntarily surrendered with Jae Hee. But one thing never changed, and that was his love for the woman before his eyes.

---

Later that night everyone in the mansion was dead asleep from all the day’s event, except for Jun Seong’s parents. Eun Gi was applying her evening regiments in the bathroom, when Maru entered nonchalantly.

“Long day huh?” Maru said while stripping off his clothes.

“Yes, but definitely fulfilling. Did you see the joy in Jun Seong’s eyes? It was priceless” Eun Gi answered with her gaze glued on the mirror. When she was done applying her moisturizer, she turned to his side.

“Ya! What do you think you’re doing?!” Eun Gi’s face turned red seeing her husband wearing nothing but his boxers.

“I’ll take a shower. Why? Is there something wrong?” Maru’s brows furrowed.

“Ah, nothing, it’s just-“ Eun Gi felt embarrassed, Of course he’ll take a shower, that’s why he’s in here, she thought. Maru already knew Eun Gi very well, and by her looks, he could already tell that she’s thinking something else.

“Well, I could use some company with me.” He teasingly said. Eun Gi gulped and was about to make her way to the door when she felt a hand grab her wrist.

“Don’t leave, stay with me, please” Maru said in a husky tone, while his free hand caressed Eun Gi’s arm. Their eyes met, and all they could see was the burning desire for each other. In a swift, they captured each other’s lips in a tender and passionate kiss. Eun Gi’s arms were around Maru’s neck, and her hands playing with his hair. Maru deepened the kiss, while his hands slowly lifted her night gown. A while later they broke the kiss to catch their breaths.

“Eun Gi-ya, should I lock the door first?” Maru asked while still panting

“No need, Jun Seong’s already sleeping, he was so tired from the party” Eun Gi whispered to his ear. By her voice alone, Maru already felt his blood raging inside of him. How could she possible do that, he doesn’t even have a clue.

With Eun Gi’s assurance, Maru once again closed their gap for a kiss, but this time, in a more passionate manner. He was hungry for her, and he doesn’t know how long he could last before taking complete possession of her. Eun Gi shrieked in surprise when Maru scooped her from the floor and went towards the shower area. Noticing the last piece of clothing that Maru was wearing, Eun Gi tugged its hem and allowed his husband to remove it. For a while, they just gazed at each other, studying every detail of their bodies. They’ve been married for six years already, and they’re still amazed at how they could find new ways to enjoy each other’s bodies. Maru knobbed the warm shower, and in an instant they were surrounded with warm mist. The couple continued trailing kisses on each other while their hands exploring every detail, increasing their need for each other. Water continued to pour over their intertwined bodies.

Their intimacy continued as they reached their bed. Maru dominated the game, while Eun Gi surrendered to her husband’s maneuvers. Every declaration of love was accompanied with a kiss. Maru kissed every inch of Eun Gi, as if worshipping her god-given body. Eun Gi called out his name over and over in an enticing way. She felt her whole being longing for Maru, she just could not get enough of it. No words were needed as they already knew what the other wanted, when it was time for it, and when it was enough. At that time, they were oblivious to the world as they succumbed into the depths of pleasure. It was not only a union of two bodies, but also of two souls fated to love each other.

The morning after, Eun Gi slowly opened her eyes as the morning light pierced through their window. A smile was still plastered on her face from the previous night’s memories. She could already feel the morning breeze on her bare body. She needed warmth and thus she reached out for Maru, but he was not there.

“Maru-sshi?” she softly said. Eun Gi slowly rose from her lying position. Covering herself with the comforter, she used her eyes to scout for Maru around the room. She then realized that her husband must already be in the dining area eating breakfast with Jun Seong. Eun Gi motioned herself to the side of the bed and then saw a rose on her lampstand with a note and envelope beneath it. Eun Gi took the note and read:

Seven years ago, a woman came into my life. Stubborn and cold as she was, but she still has a very warm and loving side that only I could see. We have been through a lot together, and I cannot thank her enough for staying with me. For loving me when I am not righteous, forgiving me when I took everything from her, and for giving me the best gift I could ever have – a son. I promise that we will grow old together and look back at how we fully lived our lives. Now, I want to reminisce how I met this beautiful woman in the place where it all started – Aomori.

Eun Gi was deeply moved. She wiped her tears with her hand and then opened the envelope that came with the note. More tears of joy flowed from her eyes when she saw three plane tickets going to Japan.

Where it all started. Eun Gi’s heart swelled with love for her dear husband, Kang Maru. 

********

There you go chingus, Chapter 11. Thank you for patiently waiting :) I hope that this chapter somehow eased your longing for our beloved Chaeki.

At this point, I want to thank everyone who took their precious time to read my story. I really appreciate it! Furthermore, I'd also want to let you know that the next chapter will be my last. Just like what I mentioned in my previous chapter, this story was intended to only have 10 chapters, but thanks to your support I was able to extend it even for two chapters. :) So please hang on for the last chapter of I ONLY WANT YOU :D