EPILOGUE: An Encounter

I Only Want You

Hi dear readers! Long time no see! I know I've been missing in action for quite a while now, I'm really sorry for that. RL is so hectic! Anyway, I've come up with this after re-watching NG (thanks to the long weekend). I didn't actually plan to write an epilogue for this story, but my muse was bugging me to write it. hehe! Anyway, without furtherado, here's an epilogue to my story, I Only Want You! :D Enjoy! 

Disclaimer: I do not own Nice Guy

*****

“Eomma! Appa! I want to go to the park today, please? Pretty please?” Jun Seong pleaded his parents using his cute aegyo expression. He knew that this was his best weapon whenever he wanted to request a favor from his parents.

Maru and Eun Gi were seated together on the sofa where Maru was attending to Eun Gi’s nausea. She is currently on the fourth month of her pregnancy but it seems that this was more difficult than her pregnancy with Jun Seong. Her morning sickness would last throughout the day, which she jokingly called as ‘all-day sickness’, not that she mind though, the whole family wanted this baby so much. But this new routine has kept Maru worrying every time, he would reluctantly go to work in the fear that something wrong might happen to Eun Gi and their baby. But Eun Gi always assured him that they will be fine, and he could check on her from time to time through phone. Due to this new situation the couple felt that they were losing quality time with their first born.

The couple looked at each other with guilt, they knew that their son deserved this time with them and they do not want to break their son’s heart. Eun Gi smiled weakly and squeezed Maru’s hand which was resting on her bulging belly.

“Kurae, Champion will go to the park with appa today, how does that sound?” Maru turned his attention to the little boy in front of them.

“But I want eomma to come along too” Jun Seong pouted.

“Eomma is not feeling well today, Jun Seong-ah. I promise that when I’m all better we will go again to the park together. My baby understands that right?” Eun Gi caressed her son’s chubby cheek. Jun Seong frowned and nodded, then Eun Gi pulled him into an warm embrace hoping to comfort her son.

“You’re going to be a big brother now, and when your dongsaeng arrives you will play with her, and teach her the things that you know. Isn’t that fun Jun Seong-ah?” Eun Gi soothed her son while he buried his face on her side. She remembered her son’s expression when he learned that he was going to have a baby sister in a few months. He was ecstatic and promised to be the best brother in the whole wide world.

Maru extended his arm to pat his son’s back, “Let’s go Champion, appa will treat you ice cream, cotton candy, hamburger, French fries, and-“

“-chocolate cake?” the little boy lifted up his head and beamed a hopeful smile.

“Yes, and chocolate cake. Anything that you want to eat, oppa will buy it for you. Pinky promise!” Maru lifted his pinky finger and Jun Seong sealed the deal.

----

Father and son were walking hand in hand in the park. The little boy happily on his chocolate ice cream while his father appreciating the beautiful scene of the place.

They settled themselves on a bench and continued chatting about Jun Seong’s activities at school.

“I told my classmates that I will have a baby sister, and they said that having a sister is no fun.” He pouted while looking at his father.

“Hey, that’s not true. See, I have your gomo Choco as my little sister, and I love her so much. Likewise, you must also love your baby sister very much. Arachi?”

“Ye appa, I already love her soooo much! She’s the wish that my grandparents granted remember?”

“That’s right, and we love you soooo much too Champion. Always remember that.” Maru mimicked the child’s voice as he hugged him tight, making Jun Seong giggle with his father’s affectionate move.

When they broke apart a wide smile was plastered on each other’s faces. Jun Seong looked around and pointed to a playground, “Appa, appa! Let’s play there!” And so off they go to the playground.

Jun Seong was enjoying his time with Maru and the other kids. He was running, climbing and sliding down the playground making it hard for Maru to catch up with his son.

“Champion, look here!” Maru held out his phone to take a picture of his son. Jun Seong flashed a bright smile and made a peace sign when Maru took his photo. Eun Gi would love to see how much Jun Seong enjoyed his time in the park.

Jun Seong continued playing while Maru busied himself sending the photos to Eun Gi. Suddenly, the kids started running towards a group of Pororo and Friends mascots that were standing near the fountain.

“Champion? Jun Seong-ah?” Maru looked for his son around the playground but it was already vacated. He could feel his heart thump hard against his chest. “Kang Jun Seong! Appa is here!” He ran towards the crowd but the kids were too ecstatic over the mascots.

When the crowd finally died after a couple of minutes Jun Seong was still nowhere in sight. Maru bit his lower lip as he roamed around the park in search of his son. He was running for almost half an hour, talking to random people who might have seen Jun Seong, unfortunately no one have seen the little boy.

He sat on one bench to catch his breath when he heard his phone ring. Blood rushed down his face when he saw Eun Gi’s name on the phone screen. What will he say? Definitely he cannot say that he lost their child, not in Eun Gi’s condition.

He cleared his throat and answered the phone. “Yoboseyo, Eun Gi-ah?” he tried to steady his voice.

“Maru-ssi, I saw the pictures, uri Jun Seong is really having a great time!”
“Ah yes, he really is”

“What is he doing now? Make sure to check on him always and wipe his sweat okay?” Ottoeke Kang Maru? He thought.

“He’s playing now. Yeah, I already have his baby towel prepared, and also his water. By the way, how are you feeling?” he tried to divert the topic.

“Oh, I feel quite better, I’m lying on the bed now. The baby seems like she doesn’t want me to be moving around much.”

“That’s good then. Just stay in bed if that will make you feel good. Do you want anything for later? A food craving perhaps?”

“Hm, none so far, I’ll let you know when I’ve thought of something. Just enjoy your time with Jun Seong. I’m hanging up okay? Saranghae.”

“Ye, saranghae, see you later.” He brought his hands on both sides of his head. You’re dead meat Kang Maru.

---

A lady in black dress paired with a beige trench coat paired and red pumps was lavishly walking around the park when she stumbled upon a crying little boy in one corner.

She took off her sun glasses and lowered herself to the level of the child.

“What’s wrong little boy? Why are you crying?” she worriedly asked.

“Appa, appa” the boy sobbed while wiping his tear-drenched cheeks.

“Are you looking for your appa? I will help you find him. Please don’t cry little boy.”  She patted the child’s back as if to comfort him.

“What’s your name little boy?” she asked. The boy then lifted his gaze to the woman, and to her surprise he looked very familiar. Where has she seen this kid before?

“Jun Seong, Kang Jun Seong” the boy answered.

“Kang Jun Seong, what a nice name! May I know your parents’ names? So we can search for them.”

“My eomma’s name is Seo Eun Gi, my appa’s name is Kang Maru.” The boy innocently answered. The woman was stunned at the mention of the names.  Jun Seong seemed to notice her reaction.

“Do you perhaps know my parents ahjumma?”

“Ah, well, I-“ she was about to answer when they heard someone calling on Jun Seong’s name.

“Appa!” Jun Seong stood up and shouted to his father. When Maru finally saw Jun Seong he ran and scooped him in his arms.

“Oh my god, Jun Seong-ah, don’t make me worry like that ever again, understood?” he said against the child’s head.

“Yes appa, I am very very very sorry. I should have asked permission before going to see the Pororo and Friends mascot.” The kid burst into tears again.

“Appa forgives you. Now, don’t cry Champion, hush now.” He patted Jun Seong’s back.

“By the way, thank you for looking after my son –“ Jun Seong turned to the woman and his eyes widened in surprise.

“Noona” he uttered.

“It’s been a long time, Maru-ya” Jae Hee greeted her former lover and enemy.

“Yes it is” he answered with a straight face.

“It seems that you have been well. Your son took after you, no wonder he looked familiar when I saw him.” She tried to give him a smile.

“Thank you, he has us wrapped around his little finger” he smiled while looking at Jun Seong whose head is resting on his shoulder.

“How have you been noona?”

“I am doing well. I’ve been to a job interview a while ago and decided to pass by here to rest my mind. Life is hard, but I am better now”

“Well, that is good to hear noona. Have you seen Eun Seok lately? He’s an achiever at school. I have to say that he takes after your determination to succeed.”

“Ah yes, we regularly see each other. Sorry if we’ve been keeping it from you and Eun Gi. I really want to have him live with me, but I know that he would be better taken care of with you. He has come to love Jae Gil and Choco as well.

“Yes he does. He also loves this little boy too.”

“How is Eun Gi doing? I learned from Eun Seok that she’s pregnant again. Congratulations.”

“Yes she is. Thank you. She is still experiencing nausea especially in the morning, so she wasn’t able to join us here.”

“Please send my regards to her, although I do not know if she will accept it.”

“I’m sure she will. We’re all healed now.”

“Thank you very much Maru-ya.” She could already feel the tears forming on the sides of her eyes.

“Well I better go now. It was nice seeing you and your beautiful child. Have a good life Maru-ya” she extended her hand to his.

Maru stared at her hand for a few seconds before finally extending his for a hand shake.

“Live well too, noona.” They smiled at each other. Although things have changed between them, there is no denying that they are each other’s first love. She held a special part in his heart before and that was not easy to deny. And because of this, he still wanted the best for her.

A tear fell from Jae Hee’s eye the moment that she passed by Maru. She felt relief knowing that Maru had already forgiven her. Life still goes on for Han Jae Hee.

“Appa?” Jun Seong interrupted his father’s thoughts.

“Ye, Champion?”

“I’m hungry.” Maru smiled and kissed his son’s cheek.

“Arasso, your little adventure today must have worn you out. Kaja, appa will buy you anything that you want!”

 Life might have been rough for Kang Maru, but at the end of the day he knew that everything that he went through was worth it. 

****

What do you think? :)