Really

I Only Want You

“Woah! Appa, eomma, look I can almost touch the clouds! And the buildings are so small, they’re like toys!” Jun Seong was in awe while looking through the plane’s window that he stuck his face against the glass.

“Jun Seong-ah, don’t stick your face on the window, and sit properly” Eun Gi sternly ordered. Jun Seong pouted and obeyed his mother.

“Eun Gi-ya, let him be, he’s only enjoying the view” Maru softly said against Eun Gi’s ear.

“You’re just spoiling him Maru-sshi, I’m teaching him to be well-mannered.” Eun Gi scowled at her husband, making Maru grin and pinch her on the cheek. Her face softened at Maru’s gesture.

“Ya, now I know where our child got his pouting look” he said then turned to his son who was sitting past Eun Gi. “Champion, did you know that eomma and appa first met in the plane?” This caught his son’s attention, and his small lips turned into a wide smile. “Cheongmal?!”

“Ye, seven years ago, I was on my way home from Japan when I stumbled into a beautiful lady, who happens to be your eomma” he winked at Eun Gi.

“Then?” his son eagerly asked.

“Your eomma was sick then and I managed to catch her when she fainted. I left her when the flight crew was already attending to her, but eomma was very sick and they needed a doctor, but there was none in the plane-“

“So your appa performed first aid on me. Amazingly, your appa saved my life.” Eun Gi smiled and squeezed his hand with hers.

“Wow! Was it love at first sight?” Jun Seong’s question took the couple by surprise.

“Where did you learn that?!” Eun Gi asked with her eyes wide.

“The old girls at school were talking about it in the cafeteria, I just heard it from them.” Jun Seong innocently answered. Even though his eomma is a very loving person, she could still be really scary at times, especially when she’s worried or mad. Sensing the panic in Eun Gi’s reaction, Maru chuckled and reached out to brush his son’s head.

“Omo, my son is already learning about love? Well, to answer your question, it was not love at first sight. But I must admit that I was captivated by your eomma’s beauty then”

“Cheongmal? How come I just heard that story now?” Eun Gi raised an eyebrow at Maru.

“I thought I already told you before. Besides, I always tell you that you’re beautiful, it doesn’t make a difference.” Maru smirked and gave Eun Gi a peck on the lips.

“Aigoo, appa and eomma kissed again! I should not look!” Jun Seong covered his eyes with both of his hands, but he still had one eye peeking through. The couple laughed at their son’s reaction.

“Okay, you got me, I’m defeated by the two men in my life for the nth time”, Eun Gi’s still amazed at how father and son can easily change her mood.

---

“Welcome to Aomori Taesan Resort, please enjoy your stay here. We have already set up the VIP house for you”, the receptionists warmly greeted Maru, Eun Gi and Jun Seong.

“Arigato gozaimasu!” Jun Seong cheerfully thanked the receptionist and pulled his eomma to the hallway.

“Wow, I like this place. It’s so beautiful! We own this place right?” Jun Seong asked while roaming his eyes around the place.

“Ye, your halmeoni designed every corner of this resort when eomma was still young” Eun Gi answered. They frequently visited the place when Jun Seong was still a baby, but this was the first time that their child could actually enjoy the place.

“It’s been quite a while, I missed this place.” Maru remarked and met Eun Gi’s eyes. The couple perfectly knew that the place has a sentimental value. When Maru said in his love note that it was the place where their story began, Eun Gi remembered the bittersweet memories they shared in Aomori. Nevertheless, she knew that these memories will be replaced with very good ones with their family. Eun Gi warmly smiled at Maru and reached out for his hand to intertwine with hers. She remembered the beautiful day when she learned about her husband’s surprise.

Eun Gi wiped away the tears caused by her husband’s love note. She cannot help but fall more in love with her husband each and every day. She fixed herself up and went to join her family.

Eun Gi made her way to the stairs and heard laughter coming from the dining area. As she approached the source of the blissful noise, she was not surprised to see father and son causing the noise while enjoying their breakfast together. A warm smile crept onto her face as she savoured the beautiful view of the two most important persons in her life. The two men were laughing while Jun Seong was cheerfully sharing his experiences in the party. Maru then caught sight of Eun Gi and lovingly smiled at her. Jun Seong followed his father’s gaze, “Eomma! Come join us!” he called out. Eun Gi neared his son and gave him a kiss on the forehead. “Good morning Jun Seong-ah, did you sleep well?” the little boy nodded in response.

“Good morning. How about you, did you sleep well?” Maru held Eun Gi’s hand and stood to give her a kiss on the cheek. “Yes, thank you” both knew what her ‘thank you’ meant, Maru grinned and pulled out the chair for her. “So I heard you two laughing, what is it about?”

“Eomma, we were talking about my party yesterday. It was so much fun!” Jun Seong enthusiastically narrated every detail of his experiences during the party.

“And also, my friends said that eomma is a very beautiful fairy!” he proudly said.

“Your friends are very keen observers Champion, your eomma was indeed a very beautiful fairy” Maru playfully winked at Eun Gi, which made her blush. Eun Gi cleared and tried to change the topic, “By the way, I found three plane tickets to Japan on the night stand, the flight is scheduled three days from now. I still have to make arrangements with Jun Seong’s teachers.”

“No need, I already talked to them before I booked the flights.”

“They even gave me the assignments in advance. Did you like the surprise eomma?” Both father and son gave Eun Gi their similar playful smile.

“Ya, you both planned this?!”

Eun Gi she cannot believe that her five-year old son conspired with his father to arrange the trip.

“Aigoo, eomma doesn’t seem pleased with our surprise” Jun Seong pouted at his father

“I don’t think so Champion” Maru smirked and leaned in to whisper something in Eun Gi’s ears.

“Don’t you want another honeymoon, yeobo?” Eun Gi`s heart skipped a beat, and felt her face turn hot. They only used terms of endearment like the latter during their most intimate moments. Maru leaned back and winked again at Eun Gi. At that point, she knew that she had once again lost the game to her husband.

---

“Wow look there’s a lake here! And a swing too!” Jun Seong ran towards the wooden swing.

“Jun Seong-ah, be careful! You might fall!” Eun Gi followed her child.

Jun Seong was already sitting on the swing, when he saw a wooden carve with something engraved on it. He slowly read the characters written in Hangul.

“Seo-Eun-Gi-1983-3-5” Jun Seong read.

“Live well and healthy from eomma.” Eun Gi continued reading the characters.

“Your halmeoni made it for me when I was born” she went beside Jun Seong and caressed his hair.

“Cheongmal? That’s awesome eomma, do I have one too?”

“Of course, look” Eun Gi pointed to another wooden carve which looked relatively new.

“Kang Jun Seong 2014-7-4. Wishing you a wonderful and meaningful life, love appa and eomma” she read for her son.

“Woah, so cool! Gomowo eomma! Saranghae!” the sweet boy jumped from the swing and wrapped his small arms around his mother’s waist. Eun Gi lovingly smiled and returned the gesture by kissing the top of Jun Seong’s head. How she wished he would just stay innocent and sweet like this forever.

The family settled down in the Japanese traditional house exclusive only for the Seo family. They had the futon to accommodate the three into the night. As much as Maru wanted to have Eun Gi all for himself in the bedroom, he knew that Jun Seong would surely sneak into them in the middle of the night because he was not accustomed to the place.

“Appa, let’s go see the lake!” Jun Seong tugged his father’s pants. When the two came out, Eun Gi had already prepared a picnic matt for them to sit on. They were enjoying the food brought by the hotel staff, when Maru remembered something.

“Eun Gi-ya, remember that time when you got all wet because of me?”

“Of course! You were such a jerk to throw me into the lake!” the couple laughed at the memory, leaving Jun Seong clueless.

“Why are you laughing?” he asked with brows furrowed.

“You see Jun Seong-ah, years ago eomma fell asleep here in the garden, and the next thing I knew I was already in the lake, soaking wet. Apparently, your appa here, threw me into the lake!” Eun Gi explained while still controlling her laughter.

“Appa, you did that?!” the little boy asked with a shocked expression at his father.

“Yes Champion, I did it like this” suddenly Maru stood from his sitting position and scooped Eun Gi from the ground.

“Ya! Kang Maru!” Eun Gi shrieked in surprise. Maru walked towards the edge of the lake, and jokingly swayed Eun Gi as if to throw her again.

“Jun Seong-ah! Save eomma!” Eun Gi called out. With his little arms, he threw shallow punches on Maru’s middle. “Appa! Put eomma down!” he protested.

“Shiro! Eomma is mine!” Maru playfully said as he ran around the garden carrying Eun Gi and with Jun Seong running after him. Laughter filled the place as the family enjoyed each other’s company.

---

It was a starry night and the crickets melodiously chirped creating a calm atmosphere. Tired from all the day’s activities, the three lay on the grass and gazed at the sky.

“Look there’s the big dipper!” Maru pointed out to the stars.

“Omo, I can’t see it appa!”

“Look closely Jun Seong-ah” Eun Gi carefully traced the stars in order for her son to see.

“Oh, there it is!” the little boy gasped in amusement.

“Halaboeji and halmeoni are up there with the stars right?” he added.

“Yes they are Jun Seong-ah” Eun Gi answered in a soft tone.

“I remember Gomo Choco telling me that when I tell them my wish, it will come true.”

“What’s your wish Champion?”

“Secret! It’s between me and my grandparents” Jun Seong chuckled.

“Is that so? You won’t tell appa, even if I do this?” Maru poked Jun Seong on the side, his tickle spot.

“Aniyo! I won’t surrender!” Jun Seong said in between his laughs. Maru then continued tickling his son until he was short of breath.

Their first day in Aomori was about to end. Jun Seong was settled between Eun Gi and Maru. Watching their son peacefully sleep, they could not help but smile in satisfaction.

“He’s growing up so fast” Eun Gi sweetly said while her son’s hair.

“He really is. It was just like yesterday when we learned that you were carrying him, and now here he is.” Maru’s eyes were also fixed at Jun Seong’s sleeping form. Silence filled the air as they both reminisced the years from Jun Seong’s birth.

“I actually know Jun Seong’s wish” Eun Gi broke the silence. Maru lifted his eyes to look at Eun Gi.

“I accidentally saw a drawing of it on his table while fixing his things” she continued.

“What is it?” Maru curiously asked.

“Jun Seong wanted a sibling” she then met Maru’s eyes.

Maru felt his heart sink upon knowing his son’s wish. The couple had been trying to conceive another child for the past year, but to no avail. Month after month, Maru will find Eun Gi crying inside the bathroom as he would see her holding another negative pregnancy test result. He would then embrace and comfort her, soothing her with words of hope. They eagerly wanted another child, but they finally decided that they will no longer pressure themselves into having another baby, and that Jun Seong was already a big blessing in their marriage.

Maru lifted his hand to caress Eun Gi’s face “We all want another member in the family. If it’s destined to come, it will come” Eun Gi placed her hand over Maru’s and warmly smiled at her husband, “When that day comes, we’ll be very happy.” Maru closed their gap for a kiss, careful not to disrupt the sleeping Jun Seong between them. Leaning back, Maru teasingly smiled at Eun Gi, “Should we start trying again, yeobo?" Eun Gi softly chuckled and slapped his face with a pillow.

---

People flocked the streets as the traditional parade was taking place. Maru had Jun Seong sitting on his shoulders for him to have a good view of the parade. It’s been seven years since the couple saw the parade, and that was the time when Maru was still using Eun Gi for his revenge on Jae Hee. Remembering this, Maru slid one hand to firmly hold Eun Gi, It’s been years, and I’m glad that I’m still holding your hand, he thought to himself.

“Maru-shhi!” Eun Gi loudly called out.

“Ye?”

“Remember we first took our picture together in this parade? Let’s take one now!” Eun Gi held out her hand high to accommodate the three of them in the frame.

“Hana, dul, set!” she clicked and immediately checked on the picture.

“Aigoo, I love this photo!” Eun Gi smiled.

“Let’s get it framed when we arrive home” Maru remarked while looking at the picture.

“Kurae. I’ll place it beside our first photo, and we’ll see how much you’ve aged.” Eun Gi grinned.

“Ya, says the one who hasn’t aged at all!” Maru annoyingly answered.

“Of course, I’m the beautiful fairy remember?” she winked at her husband.

“Appa, Eomma, look at those lanterns!” Jun Seong interrupted. The three enjoyed watching the parade.

Maru lovingly glanced at their intertwined hands, I won’t ever let your hand go.

Eun Gi likewise glanced at Maru and gave him an assuring smile, Me too, I’ll forever hold your hand.

---

On their last day, the couple decided to bring their son to what they consider as the most significant place in Aomori. Maru and Eun Gi walked hand in hand while Jun Seong was walking before them, immersed in the beautiful view around him.

“Maru-sshi” she softly called

“Hm?” Maru turned his head to her

“Look at that couple there” she pointed to the old Japanese couple who were assisting each other as they walked around the park. The old man had his walking stick, while the old lady was holding his arm.

“One day I want us to be like them.” Eun Gi said with a warm smile on her face.

“Kurae, we’ll grow old together and still have dates.” Maru answered.

“I will hold you when your knees are too weak to walk, and remind you of things just in case you forget them” Eun Gi chuckled at her last statement.

“Ya, you think I’ll become that forgetful?” Maru playfully protested.

“I said just in case, silly” the couple laughed and continued strolling with their eyes on Jun Seong.

“Eomma, appa, can I look at those flowers over there?” Jun Seong pointed to a nearby orchard

“Arasso, but don’t go too far” Maru answered.

When Jun Seong left, Eun Gi turned to face Maru. From her eyes, Maru could already sense that his wife was up to something.

“Now tell me Seo Eun Gi, what’s in your head?”

“Well, I was thinking that we haven’t had the chance to address everything we had over the past years.” Her eyes were definitely conveying something to Maru. He raised his brows and smiled.

“Which one should we start from? You saving my life, alluring me to fall helplessly in love with you, giving me a son, and-” she paused and grinned.

“-and getting me pregnant, again” Eun Gi’s smile widened, but Maru cannot comprehend what he just heard. For a moment, his world stopped. He only snapped back into reality and Eun Gi shook his arm.

“What did you just say? You’re pregnant?” Eun Gi nodded. Maru’s face lit in delight, and out of joy he embraced Eun Gi and lifted her from the ground and moved in circles. He settled her on the ground with his hands placed around her waist.

“I can’t believe this is really happening again! But wait, how did this happen? I mean, we just –“

“Ya!” she punched him on the arm “Do you think it only happened then? Now you’re beginning to be forgetful!” Eun Gi was right, Maru realized the times that they had been intimate before that night after Jun Seong’s party.

“But why didn’t you tell me then?” Eun Gi tried not to laugh at her husband’s priceless expression.

“I only learned about it when we were about to leave for Japan. I was too busy with all the preparations for Jun Seong’s birthday that I didn’t notice I was already late.” Maru still can’t believe that he was about to become a father again. He slowly glided one hand from Eun Gi’s waist to her abdomen. Eun Gi then placed her hand over his. Their eyes were now fixed on their hands protectively placed above where their new child is.

“Congratulations, appa.” Eun Gi softly said. Maru lifted his head to look at Eun Gi. They shared a loving gaze, and Maru leaned to capture Eun Gi in a tender kiss. Knowing each other very well, their lips moved in sync as they felt each other’s hearts beating melodiously. When they broke apart, Eun Gi turned her head to the side followed by Maru.

“Maru-sshi, looks like this is the exact spot where it happened”

“Yeah, this is where we shared our first kiss” They were indeed on the red bridge with the good view of Hirosaki castle. Realizing this, Maru held Eun Gi’s face and once again closed their gap for a kiss. They could feel each other’s smile beneath the kiss, and how they wished this moment to last.

“Eomma! Appa! No kissing in public places!” Their son protested as he approached them. The couple laughed, and Maru playfully brushed his son’s hair.

“Champion, appa and eomma are just happy because your wish just came true.”

“Mwo? Halaboeji and halmeoni told you my wish? And they granted it?” Excitement was written all over his face.

“Ye, uri Jun Seong is such a good boy that’s why your wish came true.” Eun Gi kissed her son’s cheek.

“Yey! I’m going to be a big brother!” he joyfully jumped. After which, he went extended his arms to give his parents a hug.

“Saranghaeyo, eomma, appa and dongsaeng.” Jun Seong’s simple innocent words gave warmth to his parent’s hearts.

“Appa, eomma, can I also wish to have twin siblings?” Jun Seong widely smiled, making the couple laugh.

Maru enveloped his family in a warm embrace. He could not ask for more, he felt loved and complete.

Now, I say my prayers again, thank you Father, because my life is worth living.  I am very very very happy, really. 

 

-The End-

*Ending song, "Really" by Song Joong Ki*heart

*****

There you go, the final chapter. :') Hope you enjoyed it. Thank you very much for reading and hopefully appreciating my work. I really love EunMa/Chaeki and I hope that my story somehow gave justice to their love team. :)

I deeply appreciate your support and realizing that writing is one of the ways to unleash my imagination, I decided to write another story. It would consist of one shots revolving around our beloved NG characters' life. How they found consolation and love despite the twist and turns in their past. Hope you'd still support this story entitled, OUR LIFE TOGETHER. Cheers! :D