Chapter 5 - Reason #5

Captivated
Reason #5: Byun Baekhyun is in love with me too.
 
Okay, so this is a very obvious reason. But hey, we're still together because of the reason that we love each other.
 
The months came. Our bond came stronger and we became closer than ever. You taught me how to sew and do cross-stitching and crochet. I teach you how to play football and sometimes we do it and I just laugh at how cute your baby fats are.
 
And of course, that spot in my heart that you created. That spot made me feel warm and makes my stomach turn every time I see you. I didn't stop it because I didn't deny it.
 
Announcements for the school prom came and we both decided to go without partners. We would both be alone for the night. Although we both got asked by girls and guys alike.
 
Obviously, Jongin and Kyungsoo went together. And Kris, who I thought was straight, brought his boyfriend. He looked cute, like a y panda, I remarked. You slapped me on the arm when you heard that. Jealous much?
 
The location was a lavish hotel in the heart of Seoul. I should know, this hotel is owned by none other than Kim Joonmyeon himself, the owner of the school. We booked a hotel room for the two of us so that we wouldn't have to go home afterwards.
 
We enter the venue and unsurprisingly, it went great. Which was kind of boring for me because watching too much prom-filled movies, I've already got a hint on what I'll be seeing.
 
We walk out to the rooftop where we find that it's empty and we were the only people there. I start our conversation with a joke and you follow soon after.
 
I was able to know more about you through that talk. I was surprised you and Kris actually dated for like what, two weeks? But you broke up because he was too high maintenance for you. You learned that I liked guys, too.
 
As soon as I learned that you liked guys, my brain exploded. I realized that I had a shot with you. We laughed and laughed at each other's jokes until the night had ended.
 
You clear your throat and I knew you wanted to say something important.
 
"Park Chanyeol?"
 
"Yes, Byun Baekhyun?"
 
"I don't know how I'm going to say this in the most serious way possible."
 
"What do you want to say? Because I want to tell you something, too."
 
"Really? I think you should go first, Chanyeol."
 
"I think you should. You started."
 
"Okay. Here it goes." You went silent.
 
I was starting to think negatively. I thought you would admit your feelings for somebody else. I was starting to cry, until you spoke again.
 
"Park Chanyeol, you wanted to get close to me, so we did."
 
Uh oh.
 
"Each day, we learned to know more about each other, and we did all of the fun stuff together."
 
Waiting for the bus to friend zone.
 
"I know we've been such great friends, and I value that."
 
I can't handle this anymore.
 
"Park Chanyeol, I'm in love."
 
I froze.
 
"And I know this person I'm in love with may like guys too, but I don't think that this person sees me more than just a friend."
 
"Who is this person, Baekhyun?"
 
I was shocked. You grabbed my face and kissed me so tenderly.
 
"It's you."
 
My mind went blank. Me. You also fell in love with me.
 
"Now, before you walk out that door, I need you to hear me out." I couldn't walk out. My body was still celebrating the fact that you kissed me. I just froze in place and nodded.
 
"When I first walked into school, I thought I would be normal, like everybody else. I would just be studying and working like those unprivileged kids do. I would be graduating and going to college and work full-time. But you came along and everything changed. All of my plans weren't followed, but something better came along. I realized that you fell for me and I can't help myself feel the same way."
 
"So you just fell for me because I did?"
 
"No! Let me finish first."
 
"Okay." I zipped my lips.
 
"As the days went by, I thought we would be friends. Just friends. But then, I noticed that my heart was not the same as it was. I've gotten the desire to always be with you. I was longing for you. And it hit me. I'm in love with you."
 
As soon as you said those words, I took you and smashed my lips with yours.
 
"My turn?" I asked and you nodded your head. How cute.
 
"Ever since that day that you bumped into me, I feel as if I wanted to get close to you. Something about you is just very special and I felt as if I want to be part of your life. I still don't know how everything leading up to this point came to be, but one thing is for sure: I'm in love with you too, Byun Baekhyun."
 
We both teared up and shared what I think was the most romantic kiss ever unseen.
 
"I love you." We said in unison.
 
We heard claps from the rooftop doors. Jongin, Kyungsoo, Kris and even his boyfriend Zitao were all smiling.
 
"How long have you been there?" I asked as I wiped my tears.
 
"Ever since you started talking." Jongin said as he put his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders.
 
"You see," Kris started, "I really didn't want to let you go, Baekhyun-ah. But this freak you now call your lover kept bugging me so that he can work for you." He scowled at me.
 
"Kiss again! Kiss again!" Zitao squealed like a fangirl.
 
We shared what I'd call the sweetest kiss ever. And, as if on cue, fireworks started to decorate the evening sky.