Chapter 2 - Reason #2

Captivated
Reason #2: Byun Baekhyun is very interesting.
 
This may sound creepy, but I had hired an investigator to do a background check on your life.
 
I found out that you were an only child, and your parents were working as designers for an online shopping mall. They died in a house fire, leaving you with nothing. You lived with your best friend Kyungsoo and his boyfriend Jongin, who lived at the next block.
 
You didn't want Kyungsoo to help you because you didn't want to be a burden since he only lived off remittances from his parents in Spain, while Jongin was actually a gardener who also lived off Kyungsoo's parents' money.
 
So you stopped schooling for two years and worked as a cook for my best friend Kris Wu and his family. I got the info from Kris himself. So that's why you casually talk to him. I can't help but feel jealous.
 
You got into the school because Kris' parents secretly helped you without you knowing. Haven't you ever thought why it was very easy for you to get in?
 
You had enough money to pay for tuition so that was out of the question.
 
I wanted to help you so badly that I placed an advertisement on your locker.
 
WANTED
Male Steward
-at least 18
-No educational attainment required
-Family is willing to pay for education if hired
-As already given, Male
-Meals and Lodging included
 
Of course, I did this with my parents' permission. They were kind of surprised that I wanted to do this kind of thing, helping other people. They felt proud that their son was doing something good for once.
 
I watched you secretly as you became very happy with that ad on your locker. I felt like I had accomplished something worth doing. I felt very human, like I wasn't before you came along.
 
You came to our house the afternoon, still in your uniform. You were amazed at how our house was big, yet you didn't know who you were working for.
 
Our butler Jungmin went to the door and wondered who you were. I texted him that you were the one I hired.
 
I followed secretly as Jungmin guided you to the parts of the house. I rung my driver and instructed him to go fetch your stuff at Kyungsoo's house.
 
The last part of your tour with Jungmin was my room. I listened to him as he was orienting you.
 
"The young master does not want new workers to know who he is until he permits me to open his door."
 
That was my signal. As he distracted your view, I rush to my room and closed my door, just as you and Jungmin arrived at the doorstep of my room.
 
"Young master Park, your personal attendant is now here."
 
I mess up my hair and change into pajamas and change my voice as I open the door.
 
You had that face that was a crossover of "surprised" and "what-the-". My head was saying what the are you trying to pull, while my heart was clogging because the spot that wanted to go to you was on the verge of being as big as my heart itself.
 
"Whoa. I asked for a male steward, not a tutor. Jungmin what is Byun Baekhyun doing here?"
 
Jungmin played along. "Sir Chanyeol, he is the only one fitting to the standards that are stated in your advertisement."
 
"Oh, okay." I shrugged. "You can leave now, Jungmin." I gestured. Jungmin bowed and left us at the door to my room.
 
"Please step inside, Byun Baekhyun." I gestured for you to enter. You smirked at me as you entered my room.
 
"Is this some deliberate plot to make fun of me, huh, Park Chanyeol?" You grunted. I took your hand and pinned you to the back of the door. I didn't know why I did, it was just my subconscious taking over me. I hovered over you, our foreheads touching, the lower parts of our faces just inches away from each other.
 
You push me away with anger, "What the are you at, Park Chanyeol?"
 
You walk out of my room screaming, "What did I do to deserve this?" I looked out the window as you walked out my house, not knowing that your stuff had just arrived.
 
As soon as you spot a pick-up van with all of your stuff, you look at the window and shout at me. Of course, I wasn't able to hear a word that you were saying, but if I were correct, you were saying " you Park Chanyeol! You !" I just laugh, knowing that you will be staying at my house for the rest of your life, I hope.
 
You are a very interesting person indeed.