Chapter 3 - Reason #3

Captivated
Reason #3: Byun Baekhyun appreciates the people around him.
 
Jungmin reminded you that you will stay at my room. And as much as I know you would hate it, you kept your cool.
 
You go into my room and make yourself acquainted, with the things in there. I have no rules, especially when it comes to you, so I allowed you to come in as you please, but I disallowed you to sleep anywhere but beside me.
 
As you are reading it now, I would like you to know that it was part of my deliberate attempts to get you closer to me.
 
You change into the clothes given to you by Jungmin, which, I would like to tell you now, is custom-made from Italy.
 
As you walk beside me to the dining hall, you groan because you find out that you're wearing a tuxedo while all the other servants wear their proper uniform. I can feel you throwing daggers into my soul using your eyes. I chuckle.
 
You realize that you are seated next to me at the dining table. You hold back any sign of anger towards me as you see my parents walk in.
 
"Good evening Chanyeol."
 
"Good evening mother."
 
"Good evening Directress Cha."
 
"Good evening. Mr. Byun. Welcome to our household."
 
"Thank you, Madam Directress. Good evening to you too, Mr. Chairman."
 
"Good evening Chairman Park."
 
"Good evening Baekhyun-sshi. I trust you know that the Wu's are our friends? Have a seat."
 
You throw me a death glare. I just smirk at you as we sit down.
 
"No, Mr. Chairman, I apologize." You responded.
 
"Oh. Chanyeol must have forgot." My father gave me a stern look. "Well, at least now you know."
 
You just chuckle. "Thank you sir."
 
"Now, Baekhyun-ah. Here at the Park residence we are different from what we are at work. You can call me Ms. Cha or Mom if you wish." Mother said.
 
Again, you throw me a death glare.
 
"After dinner, we would like to personally talk to you, Baekhyun-ah. Right now, just enjoy your dinner." Father said. You smile and bow at my parents.
 
After dinner, I head on to my room as you were escorted to my parents' study. I calm myself down by going to my room, successfully ignoring the fact that you were talking to my parents downstairs.
 
It wasn’t long until you go in to the room. I sat beside the bed and patted it as soon as I saw you. “Come here. I won’t do anything but talk to you.” I remarked. You walk to the bed and sat beside me.
 
“I know we weren’t on good terms since we met two weeks ago, so I just want to apologize. Friends?” I show a genuine smile. You push down my hand, and I wonder why.
 
“Park Chanyeol, before I shake your hand, we need to talk. I know you wanted to get close to me. What do you want from me?” You asked in a serious tone.
 
“Honestly? You really wanna know?” I asked back.
 
“Yes, idiot.” You answered.
 
“You are not going to believe me anyway, but here it goes.” You raise your eyebrow as I prepare a speech in my head.
 
“I wanted to be friends with you. Ever since that day two months ago, you have been occupying my mind. Not romantically, though. But my instincts are telling me that you need someone. Someone else other than Do Kyungsoo or Kim Jongin for that matter. My heart tells me that I need to be by your side, as a friend. I don’t know why I did these things Baekhyun, but ever since you came, I feel as if I have changed.” I finish with a chuckle.
 
The look on your face says that whatever I was saying, you were contemplating it, and preparing a reply for that. What I didn’t expect was a hug. You, of all people.
 
“Thank you, Chanyeol-sshi. Ever since my parents died, I had nowhere else to go but to Kyungsoo and Jongin. And I know that I’ve changed how they go around in the house, because of me they’ve limited their romance. But still, it’s hard for me to understand what you said. Anyway, thank you, Chanyeol-sshi.” You cry into my shoulder and I pat your head.
 
We take a shower together like little children and hug each other until morning.
 
That was the start of something wonderful.