Prologue 1 - Baekhyun and Chanyeol have a fight

Captivated
"Damn it Chanyeol! We keep fighting about work every night! When we were in Korea, we didn't fight over anything. Has the climate in the Philippines gotten to your head?!"
 
We were fighting again. We were both busy about work. You were a consulate for the Korean embassy in the Philippines and I was an art professor at Ateneo De Manila University. We were losing time for each other, and the kids.
 
I had to take a whiff of fresh air. I take our dog Bubbles outside. As I sat at the porch, Bubbles was sniffing around the garden.
 
"Bubbles! What is it girl?" I called her out, but she kept sniffing, until she started digging.
 
I get up and walk to her. "Hey baby, don't dig that! Chanyeol's gonna be angry at you!" I scolded lightly. But as she finished digging, I noticed that she found a red box.
 
As you were distracted at your home office, I bring the box to our room. I opened it, and saw pictures of us, kissing at the photo booth, the time we went to that beach at Jeju Island, our graduation pictures as foreign students at the University of the East, and the time we adopted a baby when we were in Thailand.
 
Tears started to form in my eyes. I wanted to go back to the time when we weren't so busy with our work; when we were still lovers strolling along Manila Bay missing our families in Korea; when we celebrated Korean holidays on our own, and our Filipino neighbors thinking how weird Korean culture is; the time we laughed at those K-Pop fangirls because they said we looked like those gay-looking members from that boyband named EXO and they called us ChanBaek when they learned our names; when it was just us, you, me, our kids Bernard, Christian, John and Kevin, and our dog, Bubbles. I missed those times.
 
As I rummaged through the pictures, at the bottom of the box I found a letter, wrapped in a golden sash, with glittery letters forming my name in all caps. "BAEKHYUNNIE, MY ONE AND ONLY", it read. I smiled.
 
I begin to read the letter.