All Good Things

Skinny Love

The following weeks for the two seemed blissful. Nothing was going wrong for them. They weren't sure, but it seemed like it was too perfect; which was really weird for the two, especially Naeun. Her parent's have complained to her about Minhyuk for the longest time which made her more on edge than ever. 

"Naeun," Her mother called from downstairs. Naeun looked at the clock on her bedside table and saw that it read 4:58 pm. 

"Yes?" She replied while walking towards her door and making her way downstairs where she saw her parents sitting at the kitchen table. 

"Sit," Her father instructed. Naeun nodded her head and sat in front of her mom while her dad sat at the end of the table. "We've been talking," Her father started. 

"Your father and I believe that it'll be best if you studied abroad!" Her mother exclaimed with a big smile on her face. She looked so happy that Naeun could only give her a small smile. 

"In America," Her father added. "We've talked with Aunt Inhye and she said there's always a place for you to stay."

Naeun looked at her parents with wide eyes. "You mean California?" She asked. 

"Yep!" Her mom clapped her hands together. "Aren't you happy? You wanted to go study abroad last year, and now, you can!" 

Naeun stared at the wall behind her mother as she digested everything being said to her. Her heart was hurting and her mind was slow in processing. It was easy to understand, but she wasn't sure what she was hearing at the moment. California? She's always wanted to study there ever since her aunt told her about the weather and the universities and the people. 

Just now, she wasn't sure anymore. She'd have to transfer, but it wouldn't be too late, would it? Being the start of a new semester and all. Naeun just nodded her head, not knowing what her parents were saying. 

"It's set then," Her fathers voice brought her back. "You'll be leaving in two weeks. Enough time for you to pack and register, hopefully," 

"Two weeks?" 

"We'll buy your ticket and get your passport ready for you while you take care of your classes and friends and what not," She looked at her parents for a second before she nodded her head. 

Naeun gave them a smile and felt herself tear up from the words begin spoken by them. She was going to leave Korea, her home, to go to California. She was going to leave everyone she loves to go and study abroad. Her heart silently tightened due to the thoughts of leaving behind Minhyuk and having to find a new friend in a place unknown to her. She was feeling as if it was the end of the world, which, it really wasn't. 

It was going to be difficult for her. It was going to be difficult for Minhyuk and her to do anything. She excused herself to go into her room to continue doing her work. Closing her door behind her, she let out a heart wrenching sob and felt herself slowly die in a hole of nothing.

All good things must come to an end, right? She thought bitterly to herself.