Chapter 19

s weren't meant to fall in love.

 

Krystal's POV;
 
"Excuse me?" I was beyond surprised. How could someone even interfere in my relationship with Amber?
 
"Leave her Krystal. She's not good enough for you. You deserve someone better, you deserve a man." And that pressed my button. 
 
"And who are you to say that? Why should I even bother listening to you?" I slammed my hands on the table, my eyes flashed resentment, fury and rage. 
 
"She'll only bring trouble to you. People like her can't be trusted. She can say she will get over this problem but you never know.. She's just saying that to make you happy and stop your nagging. Trust me," 
 
I glared at her, gripping my fists tightly. This woman was definitely asking for it.
 
"You're not my mom. And whoever I choose to love does not involve you."
 
"You'd better do as I say, Krystal! This is for your own good! I can take back that money, I can even fire you! I know their kind, Krystal! They'll only use you and your money before they dump you after they get bored of you! They're s, they can't do much!" She raged, obviously upset at my lack of manners towards her. But no one. I repeat, no one insults my Amber. 
 
I chuckled before raising my voice a little as I ripped the cheque apart, throwing the little bits of paper at her. 
 
"Then take it! TAKE ALL YOUR MONEY! I DON'T NEED IT! There are other jobs out there! Fire me then! You know what, I quit!" I tore the tag off my blouse as I stormed off, heading for the door before she again shouted. 
 
"You don't know what you're doing! She's dangerous! You'll never get a higher paid job other than this! You'll regret this Krystal!"
 
"Get back here this instant! You're crazy for leaving this job! You get paid thousands of money a month and you're throwing it away because of a girl? Because of a ? Amber is a devil, believe me!"
 
I peered over my shoulder, glancing at her from the corner of my eye as I spoke,
 
"Go yourself, BOSS."
 
 
"How could she even say that, Amber? She's my boss, not my mom." I was now on the bed with Amber, my head on her chest, arms wrapped around her waist. It's good that she listens to my every single rant.   
 
"Shhhh, it's okay now." Her soothing voice calmed me down a little as she my hair so gently. 
 
"I'm just really upset. Why can't people see that we both do love each other?"
 
"They're just jealous of us, honey. We don't have to prove to anyone about our love, Krystal. As long as the both of us know it, it's enough." And she pecked my forehead. 
 
"You're not going to leave me, are you?" 
 
"Not if you keep asking me that every ten seconds, Soojung. Don't be insecure, don't doubt my love for you."
 
"I-I'm sorry. I just get really afraid. I have no one but you now, Amber."
 
"Hey, I won't leave you okay? Why would I anyway? If I do leave you, I won't get to touch your abs anymore!" I giggled a little at her way of comforting me. I slapped her arm lightly. 
 
"You're so dumb but I love you."
 
"I love you too."
 
"I love you most."
 
"But you can't!"
 
"Why?!"
 
"Because I love myself most, hehe,"
 
"That doesn't even makes sense, idiot." I snuggled closer to her, taking in her familiar scent.
 
"I know, genius." I kept quiet as I silently enjoyed her warmth and the fact that Amber Josephine Liu was mine. All mine. 
 
"Krystal Jung Soojung?" The way my name rolls off her tongue never fails to drive me nuts. Still, I responded. 
 
"Mm?"
 
"Want to hear a cheesy pickup line?"
 
"Sure. What's the best you've got for me?"
 
"Baby, I'm no Fred Flintstone. But I can make your Bedrock,"
 
She flashed me her dorky grin followed by a seductive wink before covering ourselves with the duvet as she slowly hovered over me, tasting my lips. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
(Flashback) Amber's POV; 
 
"Mom, Dad, Jackie?" I called out timidly. My whole body was trembling of fear, my voice slowly dying. One by one, they turned to me, all eyes upon me. 
 
"What is it Amber?" My dad asked as he gestured me to sit on the table with them. 
 
"I ha-have som-something t-to s-say. P-please don't get mad and please d-do listen." I stuttered horribly, fidgeting with my fingers on my lap. 
 
"Sure thing, Amber. Spit it out." My sister chimed in. 
 
I rubbed my palms together, scratching the nape of my neck as I wiped the sweat forming on my forehead. And I began. 
 
"Y-you see. I've only realized a few days ago th-that I'm...." And I kept mum. I can't say it. No no no. 
 
"That you're what, little princess?" My mom patted my shoulder, giving me a reassuring look. 
 
"Mom, Dad, Jackie... I'm gay. I'm sorry. I like girls." I cursed silently as I felt the familiar burning sensation in my cheek. I looked up, only to be met by three pair of fierce eyes.
 
"You're gay?! You're a ing girl. You're supposed to like boys, not girls! You're disgusting, you ing piece of rubbish!" My dad erupted as he again landed his fists into my body. I could only seal my lips, hang my head low, bear the pain. 
 
My head sprung up upon hearing sniffling noises as I caught my mom running away towards her room. Mom, I'm sorry...
 
"You ing piece of . You bring shame to this family. Why can't you be like Jackie, for once? She knows how to stay out of trouble, she accepts her gender and fall for boys. Why can't you?! I gave you shelter, I gave you food, I gave you clothes to wear, I work hard for you, for this ing family and you do this to me in return?! How dare you? How ing dare you?!" His words stung me like venom as he roughly pulled me by the hair before launching a punch into my stomach. I groaned. 
 
I looked over his shoulder to seek Jackie's help. But she stood there, hands in her pocket with her ever so famous smirk formed on her lips. She chuckled a little as she began to record a video of the current situation. 
 
"Why can't you be like your big sister?! She never brought us trouble, only you did! She's smarter, she's prettier, she's way better than you in every way and she listens to us! You mothering ! I wished I never have had you as my daughter, I wished I had killed you the moment you were born! Before, you caused trouble in school, played truant, underage smoking and drinking, beating up students as you like, and now this?! You can't even figure out your own ing uality?! You disgust me. You disgust the whole family!" He went into the kitchen for a brief moment before appearing back with a knife in his hand. Still, no one bothered to help. 
 
I moved away in fear as he approached me. Step by step. But my movements were limited as my back met the wall.  His voice became eerie as he whispered into my ear, 
 
"You're not my daughter. I only have one, Jackie Liu."
 
And he left a deep gash down my scalp before leaving me there to bleed. 
 
Jackie soon followed before mouthing 'loser' towards me. As I silently prayed to God for help, for someone to save me, along came my mom. I reached out my hand towards her, hoping she'd help me up and send me to the hospital. 
 
But my efforts were in vain as she instead looked me dead in the eyes, throwing a bag full of my clothes over at me. I whined in pain, begging her for mercy. Mom, please help me. I'm your daughter...
 
"Get out of this house. I don't ever want to see you again. Not now. Not ever."
 
"If I do, I'll crack your head open. Leave." 
 
"Don't you dare look for us. We're no longer related."
 
And she headed over to my side, dragging me by the legs over to the door before pushing me out of the house. She didn't even bother about my bleeding head, slamming the door in my face as she cursed me loudly,
 
" you Amber Liu. You're a bloody burden, an embarrassment."
 
End of flashback;
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
a little of amber's past is revealed. Comments. Suscribe. Upvote. I'm sorry I'm not really good at writing fluff.