Chapter 8

Why did we even do this

Winner: Don't flirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsBEDwZUMR4

Daehyun's POV

We were staring into each others eyes for what felt like an eternity. I couldn't believe what I had heard.

"Y-you love me too?" I asked shakily, unable to stop the smile stretching across my face.

"Daehyun oppa, I. Love. You." Hyeri smiled sweetly, emphasizing on every word, placating my worries.

Pulling her into a firm embrace, I pressed our lips together again with renewed vigour. We only broke apart for air, "Hyeri-ah you have no idea how long I have waited to do that." Bringing her closer I laughed joyously out loud, "We can be together again, I promise you I will never, ever-"

"Daehyun oppa."

Those two words stopped me, it was suddenly as if the sweetness in the air had suddenly disappeared. Pulling back slightly, I watched as Hyeri's eyes darted everywhere, not maintaining eye-contact with me.

"What is it?" I was suddenly fearful.

"I don't think we should start again right now." She bit her lip anxiously, her fingers twiddling, her head lowered.

I released her from my hold, my mouth opening and closing. "But, but why?" I whispered brokenly. "I thought- I thought you trusted me again, you said you loved me!"

"I do, trust me Daehyun oppa, I do." Hyeri pleaded.

"Then why-"

"I can't just get back together with you, not when I think Jongup oppa likes me too." Hyeri cut me off in a small voice.

All I could see was blind, red rage. Moon Jongup again.

"Why not? If I love you, and you love me, I don't see a problem with us being together regardless of anyone else." I shouted, not thinking clearly.

"Daehyun oppa, please, Jongup oppa is different. I can't just do this to him." Hyeri pleaded with me desperately.

"Do what? Tell him the truth? Hyeri-ah, whatever he has I can have a hundred times that, whatever he can do for you I will do a thousand times more than that." I was angry, so angry. How dare Moon Jongup come between us like this.

But now, Hyeri was getting angry.

"Whatever he has you have more? Whatever he can do you can do more? Let me tell you, Jongup oppa was the one who picked up the shattered pieces of my heart when you broke it. He was the one who lent me a shoulder to cry on. He was the one who kept me together when I felt like dying! If it hadn't been for him, I would have committed suicide long ago!" She shouted back, tears streaming down her face.

I stood there, shocked. Had what I had done affected her this badly? 

"Princess." Reaching out, I hugged her to me, I wiped her tears, her hair, I let her cry in my chest. "Let it all out, shhh, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." 

 

~~~

Hyeri's POV

I shuffled along the pavement, absentmindedly scuffing my shoes against the dirty road. I sighed for what seemed like the tenth time this morning and even walked past Daehyun oppa's outstretched arms without noticing him. "Princess!" Spinning around, my eyes wide I bumped into Daehyun oppa charging at me. "Oof. Ouch, oppa what was that for?" I pouted. "For ignoring me, pabo." Daehyun oppa pinched my cheek lightly.

Blushing lightly I basked in Daehyun oppa's warmth when- "HYERI-SHI!" 

I heard Jongup oppa's happy voice coming from behind Daehyun oppa. I scrambled out of Daehyn oppa's hug and fixed my hair. Looking up sheepishly I saw Jongup Oppa's face morph from happy to angry.

"What are you doing hugging him?!" he glared angrily.

I felt Daehyun oppa start to bristle with anger. Jongup oppa purposely bumped his shoulder harshly as he passed by.

"Come on Hyeri-shi, let's go to class."

Hesitating, I quickly grabbed Daehyun oppa's arm. "Oppa, I promise we'll talk to him at break, so don't be angry neh?" 

"Alright." He smiled gently at me, "I'll meet you at break then."

Beaming back I ran after Jongup oppa. "WAIT! Jongup oppa let's walk to class together!"

Grabbing onto his arm, I was shocked when he suddenly shoved my arm away angrily. "Jongup oppa..." I whispered hurt. After that, we shuffled along to the classroom in silence. Pulling my books and pencil case out I peeked over at Jongup oppa's table. He was sitting straight with his brows furrowed angrily.

"Jongup oppa..." I called out softly

"What?" He answered snappishly.

"Why are you so angry with me being close to Daehyun oppa?" I asked curiously.

"I'm not angry at you being close to him." Jongup oppa exhaled softly. "I just don't want seeing you get hurt so badly by s like him."

With that, he turned away like nothing had happened.

Biting my lip thoughtfully, Jongup oppa really cares for me. 

~~~

The bell for break rang and everyone ran out to play or buy snacks to eat. After asking if we wanted any Zelo and Youngjae oppa went to buy snacks for all of us. The only ones left in the room was Jongup oppa and me as well as a few other classmates, and he still hadn't spoken to me ever since the incident this morning. Pondering on how to start the conversation, suddenly- 

"Princess~" Daehyun oppa stood by the doorway waving at me happily. Beaming, I waved back at him.

Just as he got closer to my seat, Jongup oppa suddenly stood up and pushed his chair back with a loud screech. Everyone fell silent and turned to look at him.

With fiery eyes he addressed me and Daehyun oppa. "Lets go outside, theres something I need to say to you both."

Gulping nervously, I followed Jongup oppa, unconsciously intertwining my hands with Daehyun Oppa's.

 

Heyy everyone :) hoped you liked the chapter :3 I know its very late and honestly I've just seemed to lost the spark when I first started it. This story is nearing its end with around 1 or 2 more chapters left, I've already got an idea on how its going to end and I'm very very very very very very sorry for stopping for so long :( *bows* I'm also very sorry for not being able to finish this story with the same enthusiasm as when I started it, I've come to realize  that this is a problem of mine - I start something, but lose interest halfway and don't finish it well.

Its unfair to all of you, especially since I stopped writing for so long during this time and I can say nothing but sorry, I'd actually had this chapter done a few months ago but had always deleted and rewrote it because it was always too shabby to put up. I know that even this chapter is very bad and doesn't contain any connection with the readers and I apologize for that but I can't promise that I'll have the next chapter up in a week, or set deadlines because I know I'll never meet them.

So I've decided that from now on I'll only be posting new stories of only oneshots until I am mature enough to write a really long, good quality chaptered story. Again I'm very sorry about this situation and although I can't promise exactly when, I can promise that I will finish this story no matter what, and I hope that all of you will be able to forgive me for doing this and producing sub-standard material, and to be able to look forward to my future works that I hope will be more promising.

Thank you

Author-nim